Forums

Why discriminate against feminine Yuns?

Astarae

4 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

Do they really have to reproduce sexually?  Since they have some incredible powers maybe they can do so magically.    

They could or the Yun is just a female only race that can mate with other races but only birth females due to dominate chromosome production.

• 3 weeks later...

I figured out the answer about how Yuns reproduce.  Women (human females) are born with a complete supply of eggs (vs. men who produce their hereditary component throughout their adult life). With Yuns, the difference is that all of the eggs are already, effectively "fertilized",  and the Yuns decide when they want to procreate -- with it being triggered by yet-to-be-specified conditions.  Fortunately, they have a natural instinct to withhold childbearing most of the time, since auto-fertile species can sometimes be problematic (ex. Tribbles, in Star Trek, that were born pregnant -- resulting in rampant overpopulation if fed too much).

On 9/5/2018 at 3:08 PM, KurooSakura said:

If archer isn't yun-exclusive im quitting game 

If archer IS yun exclusive I'm quitting the game. I have no desire to be gender-locked in any game. It has nothing to do with the exclusion of women- gender lock should never exist when it comes to classes. I've been looking forward to this class too long to have it be locked to yun, especially since I'm one of those rare players who only makes male characters (with the exception of my one yun FM, because I like a specific kimono on her that's yun only. )

They just need to open all classes for all races so everyone will be happy and that's that. No more race exclusive stuff.

On 9/23/2018 at 7:29 AM, Astarae said:

I figured out the answer about how Yuns reproduce.  Women (human females) are born with a complete supply of eggs (vs. men who produce their hereditary component throughout their adult life). With Yuns, the difference is that all of the eggs are already, effectively "fertilized",  and the Yuns decide when they want to procreate -- with it being triggered by yet-to-be-specified conditions.  Fortunately, they have a natural instinct to withhold childbearing most of the time, since auto-fertile species can sometimes be problematic (ex. Tribbles, in Star Trek, that were born pregnant -- resulting in rampant overpopulation if fed too much).

How Yun reproduce: Transmutation.

Components: 50 PTS, 50,000 Soulstones, 50,000 Sacred Orbs, 5,000 Moonstones, 5,000 Elysian Orbs, 100,000 gold. And of course, a Yun.

Have a chance of failure.

When success, gives you a Yun and a baby Yun.

When fails, only the Yun remains.

In case of critical, you can get more Yun babies.

On 9/23/2018 at 8:26 AM, Souba said:

They just need to open all classes for all races so everyone will be happy and that's that. No more race exclusive stuff.

Naw...that would be too much like 'right'.... :giggle:

That and stop lock races out from compatible outfits.   Given that the sizing of yuns, hans and jin overlap, there isn't any outfit that would fit on one 'skeleton' than wouldn't fit on all, though the tips claim that the largest lyn  are  about the size of the smallest hun, so even that exclusion would be questionable.  Though I'd wonder how some of the larger breasted outfits would fit on a lyn, you can still have some pretty flat chested jin prolly yun as well.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:35 AM, Kozuki said:

How Yun reproduce: Transmutation.
When success, gives you a Yun and a baby Yun.
When fails, only the Yun remains.
In case of critical, you can get more Yun babies.

ROTFLMAO...that is too funny!  I'll support that one as a strong alternate for yuns seeking reproductive assistance!

Archived