Careful of Storm Dragon/Exalted path. They may be not cheap as you thought

Kozuki

After the next patch, the material discount makes Storm Dragon path looks dreamy by reducing a lot of Premium Transformation Stone. Particularly Destroyers. I saw many people insist to go Storm Dragon/Exalted path, cuz it looks like it will save them a lot.

However, I think people overlook one thing: sea glass and blood pearls count remains the same.

If you intend to get Storm/Exalted 6 then convert to Aransu 6, it takes about 100 pearls and 100 glasses.

If you go further to Storm/Exalted 9, the cost would be double to triple.

Getting these are extremely time-consuming if you don't have a static Hard Mode to run with. Crafting them are also available and can be done in 3-4 weeks, but it will take you more than 5,000 gold and 2,000 moon/elysian for all of them, Which are certainly a lot more expensive than the discounts on PTS can offer.

xvflJwH.jpg DbLc9et.jpg

Another way is getting them through Solar Energy. But as you need about 300 sea glasses and 200 blood pearls, unless you grind daily on many alts and get like 5,000 solar energy, I don't think you will get enough. Also, blood pearls are used to upgrade soul, while sea glasses are used to upgrade black gems.

So, don't try to go Dragon/Exalted 9 unless you have too many of blood pearls/sea glasses/solar energy lying around. If you can go Aransu 3, go for it and get a VT raid, or trove for hearts. If you already at Storm 6 or on the way, don't upgrade further and just bridge straight to Aransu 6 instead.

6 hours ago, HateMe said:

By just doing normal daily dungeons i have 78 blood pearls and 143 sea glasses...because no one bids on them.

Dunno on your server/region on mine they were bidding 50g for a blood pearl not so long ago, right now they don't bid as much but if everybody has suddenly the great idea of going exalted/storm the demand will increase and they will bid for it, thus price will go high. Also blood pearls are used for Soul too, so don't need to be too smart to understand what will happen if suddenly everybody wants to upgrade both soul and weapon.

Storm dragon is a totally different playstyle for earth destro compared to aransu, a destro who goes for it doesn't plan to switch it to aransu, or maybe has already an aransu weapon. I don't see any reason any other class would go for storm dragon..

2 hours ago, pingal1ty said:

Dunno on your server/region on mine they were bidding 50g for a blood pearl not so long ago, right now they don't bid as much but if everybody has suddenly the great idea of going exalted/storm the demand will increase and they will bid for it, thus price will go high. Also blood pearls are used for Soul too, so don't need to be too smart to understand what will happen if suddenly everybody wants to upgrade both soul and weapon.

you also forget you can get pearls and sea glass for solar energies and blood pearls from the weeklies...

19 hours ago, HateMe said:

By just doing normal daily dungeons i have 78 blood pearls and 143 sea glasses...because no one bids on them.

You will have to use a large amount of blood pearls to upgrade soul. Also black gems with sea glasses. 

Unless you run with static or lucky, people won't normally let a blood pearl get away cuz it is not cheap to craft, or trade with solar energy. I always see it get bid get bid up to 10-20g.

x2.5 the number of Blood pearls, and x3 the number of sea glasses, you have the number you need for Storm 9. These are the quantity that you will expect to grind for a super long time, so it is not advised to go down the path unless you are complete raidless and are willing to use blood pearls/sea glasses/solar energy on your weapons instead of soul and gems.

10 hours ago, HateMe said:

you also forget you can get pearls and sea glass for solar energies and blood pearls from the weeklies...

The amount from weeklies are very few. They certainly help a little.

12 hours ago, Jafon said:

Storm dragon is a totally different playstyle for earth destro compared to aransu, a destro who goes for it doesn't plan to switch it to aransu, or maybe has already an aransu weapon. I don't see any reason any other class would go for storm dragon..

Possibly someone will underestimate the amount of blood pearl/sea glasses they need cuz too focused on the PTS reduction in hope to get a cheap Aransu 6-9.

I know someone who got lured to Storm 3-6 got Aransu 6, just then hearing him complained after a week of grinding pearls/glasses, going against people who bid 20-30 per sea glasses and 30-50g pearl blood pearls. He reverted to Raven 9 to switch to Aransu 3.

2 hours ago, Kozuki said:

You will have to use a large amount of blood pearls to upgrade soul. Also black gems with sea glasses. 

Unless you run with static or lucky, people won't normally let a blood pearl get away cuz it is not cheap to craft, or trade with solar energy. I always see it get bid get bid up to 10-20g.

x2.5 the number of Blood pearls, and x3 the number of sea glasses, you have the number you need for Storm 9. These are the quantity that you will expect to grind for a super long time, so it is not advised to go down the path unless you are complete raidless and are willing to use blood pearls/sea glasses/solar energy on your weapons instead of soul and gems.

True, but you can also craft them (which is stupid to take 4 days but w/e). For the rest you are correct but you also miss the fact that its an alternate weapon path, the idea of it is to not require raid materials to upgrade, so they are replaced with regular dungeon materials, for which the average obtainability should equal that of the raid path, hence the higher numbers. The alternate path is overall cheaper, but should not be easier to obtain than the raid path.

Archived