Weapon Progression and Salvaging - version 3.7.62.1649

Naraku007

Dear Community,

I have been playing Blade and Soul(Blade Master Level 45 Act 3 ATM) for a week and have some questions with regards to the game system.My primary concern is my inventory and vault space which is almost full. I have already looked up the forum, but found conflicting information which i can assume due to the changes to the game system from time to time. Below are my queries, appreciate the help. My apologies for the long post and if this is a repeat:

1. With Reference to Equipment upgrade path(Ctrl + i):
    • What is the difference between "Breakthrough material" and "Offering"?
      • Do I Salvage to the "Breakthrough material" or supply the weapon itself when upgrading?
      • Do I salvage to acquire the "Offering" or supply the weapon itself when upgrading?
    • Sterling, Ivory Moon, Lucent and Pinnacle Swords are pre-level 50. Does that mean I am unable to level up these weapons as there is no weapons upgrade path for them? If there is an upgrade path should i consider upgrading?
      • E.g#1 Stalker Sword is a Breakthrough Material as well as Offering for Weapons that requirement Level 1 -36, Should this weapon should be salvaged/sold once i get a better weapon as sterling is already a level 42 weapon
      • E.g#2 Lycan Sword is a Breakthrough Material as well as Offering for Weapons that requirement Level 21 -50, Should this weapon be kept to upgrade the pre-level 50 weapons if upgrade is applicable(Sterling to Pinnacle is level 42 to 50)?
    • Can I use other class weapons as breakthrough or offerings? I intend to sell to vendor if it doesn't contribute to the upgrades
  2. Based on Point#1, are there any deviations for other gear(Necklace..earrings..etc)
  3. Soul Shield: Salvage Green & Blue Soul Shields for fusion powder? Will the quest(yellow) still provide a legendary soul shield?
  4. I have 800NCoins what would be your recommendations on what to spend(No cosmetic recommendations please)?
    • Was thinking of getting: 
      • "Starter Pack" for 299 NCoins; primarily for resource expansion(based on the response for 1-3, it might not be necessary)
      • Emerald Gem Package; Emerald Gem(Not available on Dragon Express) and Gem powder
  5. Do advise on the Gems i should consider getting from the gem powder.

Thank you all.

There is no weapon upgrade before the legendary weapon, which you will get in act 7. Every weapon beforehand can be sold, unless you wanna use it as a skin later on. But that is just cosmetic.

Basically the upgrade works like this: you got all your stuff in your inventory ( moonstone crystals, etc. including the weapon). Everything has to be unsealed, but other than that, just sitting there is enough. You unequip your weapon which you wanna upgrade, go to the upgrade menu, and if you got eveything just click upgrade. The system then magically consumes the needed materials, and there you go, next stage of your weapon.

The weapon consumed (or the void fragments, doesn't matter), is an offering by name. And you can never use weapons for other classes.

The upgrade of accesoiries is a bit different, there you upgrade some level with juwels (event or dragon express) until you reach a certain lever point (e.g. level 3 100%). To proceed further, you need a breakthrough. Which basically works like the weapon upgrade, but is called differently at that point.

But you also get upgradable accessories later, after the story. I am not sure about the name, might be pinnacle, but right now your last accessories are the seolak ones. The ones beforehand I would keep, as they are upgrade materials and farming them again might take some time. But even if you trash them, they can be farmed, so no super worries here.

Soul shields can also all be salvaged until you get your first legendary (in seolak). keep that till you got your next legendary one (raven/bt).

Well for the ncoins... hm, I am no expert there, might be better to wait for someone else.

Also notice, you should make sure to get the newsletter and register for the upcoming event, as you can get rather good equipment there, which will help you out.

Hi Annysan,

Thank you for the response, especially for the headup on the events and newsletter. I have the gist of how it works. I would like to confirm that as a blade master:

1.  I cannot use other weapons(E.g pistol's and daggers) in the upgrade process and for the upgrade process,
  2. Are low level equipment (E.g Stalker/Bronze/Steel swords) still usable in the upgrade process despite the level requirement range for the legendary items?

Thank you.

In short: 

No you can not use weapons from other classes in any way, it used to be a huge cost factor to get the right weapon for your class, they changed that a bit later on. 

And no you can not use low weapons from the story.

To be exact, the only weapon from the story used as material is the gunwon one, all others are just cosmetic. But even if you trash that one, you can farm a new one, so you can hardly do anything wrong there. 

And just 5o be clear with the event, newsletter and register are two different promotions, I might have been unclear there... 

Archived