Gunner- Info / tips ?

Kaizoku95

Hello. I`m a main shadow sin, end gear....and i want to make a gunner ( i have one hm12) ...i would like to know main diferences between shadow/ fire build....like dps/mechanics

Also i would like some tips about bracelets and Badges/souls etc :)

Thank you:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well... I'll start off by saying that, if you're going to run through the main story, you'll start off as Fire... and until you get to the end of the story, you really should stick with Fire. It simply has an easier time with the mobs and bigger enemies/bosses.

After that, you can make your decision based on one simple question...

Do you want big badda-boom or more daka?

Fire gunslingers are the "big badda-boom" - their overall sustained damage isn't as good as Shadow, but they have moves that can hit big every once in a while. Some of their skills rely on a bit of RNG, but they can be pretty easy to get the hang of. Their main mechanic involves gathering explosive rounds and using F to fire a powerful shot.

Shadow gunslingers are the "more daka" - they fire steady, rapid-fire shots. Their short-term DPS won't beat the Fire gunner, but in prolonged fights, their sustained fire will put their DPS ahead. The trick with a Shadow gunner is to properly maintain and utilize their meters - once they get full, they'll go into a special firing mode (which does even more daka).

Overall, you're going to find that the gunslinger class is WAY easier to learn than your assassin. As for gear, worry about choosing your element path first and getting to the point where you need to actually begin gearing them up.

21 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Well... I'll start off by saying that, if you're going to run through the main story, you'll start off as Fire... and until you get to the end of the story, you really should stick with Fire. It simply has an easier time with the mobs and bigger enemies/bosses.

After that, you can make your decision based on one simple question...

Do you want big badda-boom or more daka?

Fire gunslingers are the "big badda-boom" - their overall sustained damage isn't as good as Shadow, but they have moves that can hit big every once in a while. Some of their skills rely on a bit of RNG, but they can be pretty easy to get the hang of. Their main mechanic involves gathering explosive rounds and using F to fire a powerful shot.

Shadow gunslingers are the "more daka" - they fire steady, rapid-fire shots. Their short-term DPS won't beat the Fire gunner, but in prolonged fights, their sustained fire will put their DPS ahead. The trick with a Shadow gunner is to properly maintain and utilize their meters - once they get full, they'll go into a special firing mode (which does even more daka).

Overall, you're going to find that the gunslinger class is WAY easier to learn than your assassin. As for gear, worry about choosing your element path first and getting to the point where you need to actually begin gearing them up.

Just to clarify that fire gunner has more dps then shadow, even if it's long fights or raids.

People say shadow is funnier to play, well, i don't like it, fire is a bit boring, yeah, but it's all matter of tastes.

9 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

Just to clarify that fire gunner has more dps then shadow, even if it's long fights or raids.

People say shadow is funnier to play, well, i don't like it, fire is a bit boring, yeah, but it's all matter of tastes.

This. Fire gunner is top dps both for burst and sustained. Its been proven time and time again. Shadow has a smoother gameplay though as you aren't forced to stop as much in your movements compared to fire. With that said its not a massive difference (except for burst) for the sustained dps so matter of taste wise go with what you like. If you go fire BIS for burst is legacy/longsoul. If you go fire for sustained BIS is eon/shortsoul. Limitless is trap dont pick it.  - Source for this is common sense really (if you compare eon vs limitless for sustained), videos of experienced gunners like Nodah comparing parses, veteran gunners on both Kr and NA. 

I do not know BIS for shadow burst/sustained though for badge & soul combo so if someone could elaborate on that for him. Id be interested too out of curiosity 

Archived