Dawnforged/Riftwalk 3 from event is a noob trap?

Kozuki

-While it depends on how much you valuate your bound materials, generally, Dawnforged/Riftwalk 3 is less time/cost/DPS efficiency, using 7 PTS + a Sacred Oil to upgrade to Stage 6 and switch to Raven 6, compared to just get Stage 1 Baleful to Raven 6.

-Not mentioning you have to hunt for weapons to upgrade from Stage 3 to Stage 6, which may take you a while grinding for Celestial Basin bosses/peaches and Irontech Forge. For a new character, you would like use all of your peaches from quest rewards for Raven badge already. Meanwhile, everything Raven related can be get from F5, or even free if you have a stockpile.

-Also, unless you're a Des, your DPS benefit much more from Raven weapon path, even at stage 1, compared to Dawn/Rift 3.

-Finally, Dawn/Rift 3 from the event can have 3-6 slots. If you have bad RNG, you may as well end at Aransu 9 with 3 slots. If you have any spare legendary hammers, it should be saved for when the 8th and 9th gem slots are released (they are a thing in KR, and I have no doubt will come to Western, cuz Legendary Hammer sales). Better to just Baleful 1 six slots and upgrade to Raven 6.

This event's weapon giveaway is only great for a completely new character who has absolutely nothing to have a reasonably good weapon to play for a while. However, for alts, it does not look like it will save much, especially if you alts already own something between Baleful 7-10.

And even for new players, if he suffers from bad RNG with gem slots, it will come back biting him, together with the expensive costs of PTS and Oil when switching to Raven.

I agree as well, it made me almost laugh in madness when I seen this "rewards". My poor tab-tab-alt got an old Dawnforged Stage 3 weapon in bank, just in case something useful like salvaging can be done in future ... while I used the weapon upgrade event to start over with a new weapon up to Raven 3 to end the mess. I been trapped by the PTS cost change in the past (old weapon, no exchange) and now they try to get some newbies...a strange kind of fun....

9 hours ago, Belido said:

I agree as well, it made me almost laugh in madness when I seen this "rewards". My poor tab-tab-alt got an old Dawnforged Stage 3 weapon in bank, just in case something useful like salvaging can be done in future ... while I used the weapon upgrade event to start over with a new weapon up to Raven 3 to end the mess. I been trapped by the PTS cost change in the past (old weapon, no exchange) and now they try to get some newbies...a strange kind of fun....

Dawn / Rift weapons were meant to be an alternate path back when raven was far more expensive, as raven (raid path) is the one you should be aiming for in the end.

So they introduced an alternative path which needed less materials. Since Raven became cheaper the alternative paths are basoically obsolete, since people should go directly raven.

The event gives you stage 3 dawn / rift weapons, but they also stated that the devs changed the transmutation costs for those weapon paths so once the patch hits they should be way cheaper to upgrade, maybe even cheaper than raven.

Holy crap, just wait for release of the System changes. Maybe it will become cheaper (cause its an old weapon / new tt weapon-stages / new non-raid weapon).

But this would be too easy, better start qq'ing.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb HateMe:

So they introduced an alternative path which needed less materials. Since Raven became cheaper the alternative paths are basoically obsolete, since people should go directly raven.

it seems you just forgot the major kick into the butt of those with dawn / rift weapons, they increased the PTS needed from 1 to 2 for each of those weapons upgrade lvl. So they not only made raven cheaper, they also made a good joke with those on dawn/rift path.

Archived