Forums

Hey there, make yourself confortable.

I'm tryin' to return to BnS for a while this year... my premium has ended, I got no end game gear yet, no Awakened soul and no shittons of money to waste.
But I never get to find a game to really like as I do with BnS, and despite of that, it feels kinda depressing having no way to catch up the end game gear/content with my main FM after some months no playing. That being said... could some senpai , please, answer me the following questions:

1- Is premium membership still worth it?

2 - Perhaps, it could be more rewarding starting a new char? (no, god please, no)

3 - Can I enjoy PvP without being a landlord with a little fortune to spare in the game? 

4 - Can I enjoy PvE without being forced into PvP to progress?

5 - What are your expectations for the near future? Is the population decreasing? Did NCSoft manage to kill the game? (just asking... they kinda seemed to aim that in the past)

6 - Can we run it in an overclocked GTX 1070 ti, without lagging? In other words, has the game learned how to use GPU instead of CPU to shading and 3D drawing?

Thank you for your time, in advance.

1) premium is worh only if u have money to waste, premium gives only a few benefits and the most important is the 30%more on gold and xp, 30% is a fair number but u can do money as f2p player too if u have no life to spent on this game.

2)If u enjoy your FM i don't see why u should change class but if u won't maybe u should pick another u like because if u want to get to any point u need to pick only one class, alts are only slaves to make gold and upgrade the main.

3)PvP is dead the only few members still plays that are even pros and smurfs if u enjoy feeling pain u can try to learn pvp but it will take a long long time

4)PvE is the only thing still alieve and pve does not force you into pvp, pvp force you into pve because u will need tons of gold for 6v6 unless like my previus point you like pain and willing to learn 1v1 and 3v3s.

5) This september 12th will come out the new class and a really nice event u can make your pet and soul legendary ( so use it to gear up) remeber to go watch the news section and register for the event. Regarding population now really depents on the System Changes they ganna make, if this patch is good population will be the same, if they nerfed again gold income and make the game more p2w the pop will obviously decrease. In my opinion as a fairly expert player i can say that this game is clearly bleeding, just this month 5 gildmates disinstall (not simly leave the clan) the game to play the new Moster Hunter or WoW's newest expasion. I think that the population will very very slowly decreasing till next year when the update of the graphic engine will be and from there maybe a few old players will come and maybe the game will revive but if they will mess up that this game will be really sentenced to death.

6) Nop the game still require good cpu to run smoother.

Edited by Chad1123
  • Like 2

1) if you will play a lot, its worth

2) FM is one of the best dps chars, if you like it, dont reroll

3) you can 1v1. 3v3 is dead, rest is p2w

4) yes

5) population is slowly decrasing. The endgame is not fun, too much unrewarding grind combined with very unfriendly playerbase.

6) performance still the same, but will be changed in 2019 with UE4.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, poisonedOcean said:

It all depends on what you want from premium. I don't personally get it myself, but again, it all depends on what you want it for and if you're willing to pay for those added privileges. Right now, they're doing a promotion that will give 7 day free premium for the September 12th update if you sign up to their newsletter, so that's one way to try premium without buying into it. 

2 - Perhaps, it could be more rewarding starting a new char? (no, god please, no)

You'd be just fine playing your existing character, but you could always also make a new character for fun. The new Warden class is coming on the 12th, which also brings a free character slot. Up to you, really.

3 - Can I enjoy PvP without being a landlord with a little fortune to spare in the game? 

6v6 kind of requires you to be a whale in order to stand a chance, but 1v1 and 3v3 is pretty much not gear dependent at all.

Yes. They actually simplified how to obtain Hongmoon skills. Everything (with the exception of the Royal Zen Bean) can be purchases with Bravery Coins, which can be obtained very often during pretty much any event. You pretty much never need to PvP unless you want that Royal Zen Bean skill.

5 - What are your expectations for the near future? Is the population decreasing? Did NCSoft manage to kill the game? (just asking... they kinda seemed to aim that in the past)

Populations fluctuate all the time in MMOs. School is coming soon, so a lot of kiddies will be going back (so population is bound to go down a little bit during school hours). Try not to buy into "game is dying" hype when it's going pretty well right now. Heck, a lot of people are poised to make the new Warden class, so expect an influx of new characters coming really soon.

6 - Can we run it in an overclocked GTX 1070 ti, without lagging? In other words, has the game learned how to use GPU instead of CPU to shading and 3D drawing?

Sorry, not a tech expert. All I can say is run the game and test for yourself.

• Like 1

I would say it is worth if you are a frequent player and can play long enough to get all your spins in each day.   Most months that the spin is running I get enough free HM coins from landing on bonus squares to where the subscription is coming out about even.  Unfortunately, they haven't had PTS in the shop for a while so those coins are just piling up.

I wouldn't start a fresh character unless you are unhappy with your current.   Though if your gear is really outdated, then you are just going to depend on events for a while to get equipment.  Thus the penalty may not be much.  They added very cheap exp charms to get your character to HM13.   I used spare stuff from playing the last 10 months and built an SF while was nearly as strong as my main.  But catching up using event stuff will take a while.   Just be sure to get this next event for soul and pet aura.  

There are a lot of changes in the last year.  The SF was pretty well reworked and they added simplified mode to remove repetitive stress injuries.  It works for some classes (SF) very well and others is just is plain unusable (BD).

6v6 remains an arm and a leg as the materials needed are prohibitive.

Yes, you can PvE without PvP.   Assuming you are around for a few months you can get enough PvP materials from daily spin to buy any skill unlocks.  But if you were active a year ago then likely there isn't anything that you need.

We are all expecting a boost when the new engine is released.  Population is moderately declining, but not nearly the contraction that it had after launch.   I left the game when the server merges started because the population was so thin that other than the farming bots it was a ghost town.  Back then the open world bosses were out and many were just impossible on the sparse servers.  Now that we are at two servers and the open world bosses are no longer required it is much better.

Unreal 4? Wow... can't say I saw that coming. That's good news, for sure.

This game has little details that make it great, like the voice acting, the soundtrack, a deep and captivating wuxia story... only missing a powerful and up to date engine. But no more, I hope. With high hopes.
Big thanks for the detailed answers, folks.

This is my second week back and I don't feel like ragequitting yet, so a few re-newbie questions are in order... in no particular order.

Can premium subscribers switch off the extra visuals for windwalk? I'm kind of on the fence about subbing, but I really don't consider extra visual noise to be any kind of benefit. Quite the opposite.

Do the premium monthly outfit stamps stay stashed if they're not used, or do they expire/vanish when subscription ends?

What am I supposed to do after the story? Farm Celestial Basin until the heat death of the universe? Though I'm slowly getting slightly less bad after some practice with old dailies and whatnot, my lack of gear and general cluelessness will likely get me kicked from modern dungeon groups. I don't expect strangers to carry me, so I'd much rather gear up on my own as far as possible, but there's a wide gap between where a newbie/re-newbie comes out of the story and what's viable for current group content. I loathe everything that even smells like PvP, so that's not an option for me.

How does Celestial Basin questing handle duos or parties? Do their miniquests get synced, or do they just have to do everything for everyone separately? Or is it just meant to be a solo farm and that's that?

How exactly do soulshields work these days? If, for example, I unpack Sacred Longgui slice #6 with Accuracy and Block, does that mean every Longgui slice #6 has those stats? Or are they randomly rolled when opened? Should I upgrade this set or save materials for other things?

How does clan warfare work? A loading screen tip helpfully tells me I "can participate in clan warfare" if I join a competitive clan. Is that code for "you will get relentlessly ganked by an enemy clan until you ragelog" or something of a more voluntary nature? Opt in, opt out or on all the time?

Do clans benefit from having low-end members in any way? I mean mechanical benefits, not the warm fuzzy feeling of sheltering nubnubs. One piece of advice I frequently see offered is "get a clan." Well, okay. Should I be looking for a social or competitive clan?

What about gold? It seems NCWest wants people doing current content, so everything else has been nerfed in the way of payout. But getting to the point where current content is doable takes quite a bit of gold, among other resources. How I mine fish? Repeating field dailies for 15 silver each doesn't seem very appealing.

22 minutes ago, TaruV said:

Can premium subscribers switch off the extra visuals for windwalk? I'm kind of on the fence about subbing, but I really don't consider extra visual noise to be any kind of benefit. Quite the opposite.

Not that I am aware of.   But I play SF and BD and both are quite pleasing.

23 minutes ago, TaruV said:

Do the premium monthly outfit stamps stay stashed if they're not used, or do they expire/vanish when subscription ends?

They are a purchasable item.   I would assume that once purchased they remain in your inventory until used.

24 minutes ago, TaruV said:

What am I supposed to do after the story? Farm Celestial Basin until the heat death of the universe? Though I'm slowly getting slightly less bad after some practice with old dailies and whatnot, my lack of gear and general cluelessness will likely get me kicked from modern dungeon groups. I don't expect strangers to carry me, so I'd much rather gear up on my own as far as possible, but there's a wide gap between where a newbie/re-newbie comes out of the story and what's viable for current group content. I loathe everything that even smells like PvP, so that's not an option for me.

You need to do daily and events until you get catch up equipment from the events.   I believe pet and soul are next.   Everyone is saying the weapon is a noob trap.   You can't catch up by grinding to get through the current weapon path.  By the time you make it there the next piece of catch up equipment will be out and the materials you invest will be wasted.  Instead just do event and daily, save materials until you receive the catch up equipment.  Then spend the materials as you will be better off than trying to play catch up.     Join a clan to help run events if it is beyond your current equipment.   They can also get you an experience and peach bonus.  It if fine to be carried for a while.  

27 minutes ago, TaruV said:

How does Celestial Basin questing handle duos or parties? Do their miniquests get synced, or do they just have to do everything for everyone separately? Or is it just meant to be a solo farm and that's that?

It is solo farm as far as I know.  You can get some exp from others running the basin as a group.  You can buy very cheap exp charms which can get you to level 13 which is a huge improvement over the average f2p.   You can also use the daily solar energy to buy exp charms.   I know some people think it is a noob trap, but levels do make a difference in terms of both survivaliblity and how hard you hit.   

31 minutes ago, TaruV said:

How exactly do soulshields work these days? If, for example, I unpack Sacred Longgui slice #6 with Accuracy and Block, does that mean every Longgui slice #6 has those stats? Or are they randomly rolled when opened? Should I upgrade this set or save materials for other things?

SS work differently based on the tier.   Legendary have randomly chosen stats and can be improved by fusing another of the same piece with at least one common stat.   Normal drop SS are just random stats.   Upper tier dungeon drops work the same as legendary.   Don't bother with MSP shields at this point.   Join a clan and run BT with them.   You should get a full BT shield pretty quick as it now drops a universal box rather than just class boxes.  Any good pieces (in terms of the type of stat not the actual value) should be fused with an important stat like crit.  You can then build on those stats by using another piece with the same number.   If you get a piece with the wrong type of stats (Health/Block) when you need (Crit/Acc), then just keep it to top of heath stat when you get the correct stat piece.

34 minutes ago, TaruV said:

How does clan warfare work? A loading screen tip helpfully tells me I "can participate in clan warfare" if I join a competitive clan. Is that code for "you will get relentlessly ganked by an enemy clan until you ragelog" or something of a more voluntary nature? Opt in, opt out or on all the time?

Clan war is a PvP fight that happens at a certain hour of the day.   Clans that participate get bonuses for all members.   You should join a clan with a decent bonus so you don't have to grind together.  Bonuses include XP, peach, zen bean, and battle point.  Actual participation is totally optional.   Most good clans have 6 players who regularly do clan wars to keep up the bonuses for the rest.

39 minutes ago, TaruV said:

Do clans benefit from having low-end members in any way? I mean mechanical benefits, not the warm fuzzy feeling of sheltering nubnubs. One piece of advice I frequently see offered is "get a clan." Well, okay. Should I be looking for a social or competitive clan?

Don't go it alone man.  This is a social game.  Find a competitive clan with the same schedule as you.  Make sure they are friendly and have a discord channel.   An active clan is a huge benefit.

41 minutes ago, TaruV said:

What about gold? It seems NCWest wants people doing current content, so everything else has been nerfed in the way of payout. But getting to the point where current content is doable takes quite a bit of gold, among other resources. How I mine fish? Repeating field dailies for 15 silver each doesn't seem very appealing.

Don't worry about gold until you have gotten the event catch up equipment.  You can waste hours trying to get groups for the money dungeons and you will just decide the game is toxic.  This game rewards time not effort.  Just log in and do what is required to get event and daily and save up materials. Then if you can AFK until you have gotten all the spins and login rewards.  

I tried both paths.  My main ground to get good equipment and got smacked down as the resources I put in were wasted as the event gave me better equipment.  My alt did nothing but event and daily.   Yes my main is stronger, but not proportionally to the level of effort.   

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight. Stocking up on freebies while figuring out what's what is how I've been going at it so far. Which leads to another question: what should I buy with farming alts' ice pellets to best help gear a main in the future?

Most people take all the event goodies and pour them into buying sacred oils.   You will need a ton of them to top of your soul.   Best to sand bag them until your receive a free soul from an event then spend them to boost yourself up.   If you have left overs after getting the oils, I usually pet pod, outfit, or raw materials.   You can buy most of the gems you need for starting the game by farming the basin.   They aren't upgradable but they will fill the slots.   Hexs come from the vendor, and Hepts come from the locked room.   

Hope it helps.