Sogun's Lament should get a length nerf

Kozuki

Sogun's Lament is now an ancient relic and does not even show up in Daily Challenge anymore. However, for some reason, NCWest are still fond of using this long and tedious dungeon for event runs.

Since it now even take longer to complete than post-nerf Gloomross, I think it should receive a length nerf now:

-First, change the require quest for event to be killing 15 mobs in first section of the dungeon. This will save event-runners a lot of time instead of full run. Similar to Shattered Mast.

-Second, nerf the first section so that you can just go straight to boss without having to split the party to open gate for each other. This is for players who want to solo the dungeon in hope of outfits or whatever they seek.

15 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

As you said, its old content, so I highly doubt they are going to waste resources on it.

Except that it is still relevant enough to get counted as an extra dungeon for event.

Except that other old dungeons have gotten a length nerf already, like Necro (cut down defense points from 3 to 1), Gloomross (only one phase) and Shattered Mast (its daily-challenge quest). Necro is not even among the daily challenge list anymore when it get a nerf,

8 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Except that it is still relevant enough to get counted as an extra dungeon for event.

Except that other old dungeons have gotten a length nerf already, like Necro (cut down defense points from 3 to 1), Gloomross (only one phase) and Shattered Mast (its daily-challenge quest). Necro is not even among the daily challenge list anymore when it get a nerf,

The only reason it gets counted for an event is because its an easy dungeon, for new players its perfect. As for shattered masts: the original daily when the dungeon was still fresh was the 15 kill one, but it got changed to killing the last boss. Then later they returned the original daily quest for the 15 kills.

9 hours ago, KlausFlouride said:

As you said, its old content, so I highly doubt they are going to waste resources on it.

What resources are we talking about. They only need to switch the gate lock polarity. West gates to open with west keys, east gates to open with east keys. That literally means altering two lines of code (if they wrote it properly in the context of UE).

23 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Sogun's Lament is now an ancient relic and does not even show up in Daily Challenge anymore. However, for some reason, NCWest are still fond of using this long and tedious dungeon for event runs.

"Fond" of using this dungeon in... THIS event. Just this one in recent memory. Yep, that's pretty "fond". You do realize that the only dungeon they've used with major repetition in the past 3 or 4 events has been Starstone Mines, right?

23 hours ago, Kozuki said:

-First, change the require quest for event to be killing 15 mobs in first section of the dungeon. This will save event-runners a lot of time instead of full run. Similar to Shattered Mast.

No. Just no. They pretty much screwed up The Shattered Masts with that change. What's the point in doing a portion of a dungeon? Do the whole dungeon or don't do it at all. I pretty much quit doing that dungeon after having so many people wuss out of the dungeon after their 15 kills. It's caused so many problems for people who want to do that dungeon, especially for impatient players who don't wait for everyone and ruin THEIR chance at doing the DC.

If you don't like the longer dungeons, don't do them. If you want to do the event, you put the work in. It's not like it's hard to clear SL anyways. There are longer dungeons as well. Stop expecting things to just be handed to you.

Not to mention ANY dragon pulse that has never been in this dungeon... RIP people who join(ed) for like last boss, or disconnected and have to run all of the dungeon.

If you asked for my opinion then I'd skip the underground part and after beating Ken and Gen I'd move through the broken bridge to fight with leaders already.

Why dont we just place a fresh boss loot chest behind the portal? ...

It was a awesome dungeon at its release and if u dont like it? Be happy there is no need anymore to enter it at all. If u want this single event toke so badly u just have to eat the pill.

Archived