Forums

Two problems with upcoming event

PetPuggi

Gonna start off by saying bringing back the orange pet/soul upgrade is great for people starting warrior. Prizes are also a bit better than the current borefest. But there are two major issues:

• This event is clearly meant for people starting warrior to catch up, yet only level 55's can participate? That already makes no sense. No one can get from level 1 to level 55 in just one day. So this means unless you wanna miss a few days of this event, you're forced to spent $50USD to buy an instant level 50 voucher. Not a huge problem since I assume you can still get both pet and aura even if you miss a few days
  • Grind event for a DF/RW stage 3 weapon - no one uses DF/RW. It has double the upgrade cost compared to raven not to mention costs an oil to change path, and less firepower. Was this meant to be a newcomer trap? Most newcomers are not going to realize DF/RW path shouldn't be touched since you end up spending like 3 more PTS + 1 oil, which is almost 1500g. So you waste a ton of event currency for a worse weapon that will cost you more to upgrade? That makes zero sense, and a huge problem. Why can't it be a raven 3 box? No one, who's played this game for more than a month, will even touch the DF/RW stage 3 box

Either change the box to a raven 3 box, or reduce PTS cost in DF/RW path so it matches the raven path.

Edit: like post #2 mentioned, gem slots is another huge problem if DF/RW box does not contain 6 slots. Since Baleful 1 is nearly free, you're expected to roll 6 slots from the very start.

NCW, can we get an official confirmation whether or not this RW/DF weapon box will be 6 slots? If it's not 6 slots, I think we can universally agree no one in their right mind should get this weapon. 3 more slots with legendary hammers = at least 2000g, just rough estimate since idk how much gem hammers cost now since no one ever buys them.

Compared to a weapon from scratch  with the currently live weapon paths, Rift3->Raven6 by my calculations was 90 legendary elements less than baleful1->raven6.  20g x 90= 1800g. Baleful 1 is also 100+ moon and elysian crystals more(although how you calculate the value of those differs if you're  not grabbing them from f5).  I  myself would not be  opposed to the PTS cost of Rift being reduced 1 per stage 3-6 to match the raven path at those stages.

I AM worried about gemslots on the fleeting rift and permanent converted version though.  I have no love of legendary hammers.

Make sure you sign up for the newsletter for the bonerus emblems, and register on the war page for the fleeting fury soul and pet if you're planning on doing them, it should shore up some of the lost event emblems from leveling.

13 minutes ago, ElectricPotato said:

Compared to a weapon from scratch  with the currently live weapon paths, Rift3->Raven6 by my calculations was 90 legendary elements less than baleful1->raven6.  20g x 90= 1800g. Baleful 1 is also 100+ moon and elysian crystals more(although how you calculate the value of those differs if you're  not grabbing them from f5).  I  myself would not be  opposed to the PTS cost of Rift being reduced 1 per stage 3-6 to match the raven path at those stages.

I AM worried about gemslots on the fleeting rift and permanent converted version though.  I have no love of legendary hammers.

Make sure you sign up for the newsletter for the bonerus emblems, and register on the war page for the fleeting fury soul and pet if you're planning on doing them, it should shore up some of the lost event emblems from leveling.

Legendary elements and gems are no longer worth 20g since you get a lot from events, and transmute cost is more like 15g, so that drops cost down to about same level, ~1500g. Remember, you're spending a ton of event currency for this RW/DF weapon, that currency could've got 1-2 oils which still makes it a bit better to go baleful 1 -> raven 6 yourself. Also, like you mentioned, gem slots, yes it's a HUGE problem if the RW/DF you get is 3 slots.

Whole point is, don't give out something in an event, that ends up being more expensive (or equal in cost) than the regular version. Event items are meant to be shortcuts to help newer players. It wouldn't make sense for the "fleeting soul" or "fleeting pet" to cost exactly the same amount as their regular counterparts would it?

1 hour ago, PetPuggi said:

Gonna start off by saying bringing back the orange pet/soul upgrade is great for people starting warrior. Prizes are also a bit better than the current borefest. But there are two major issues:

• This event is clearly meant for people starting warrior to catch up, yet only level 55's can participate? That already makes no sense. No one can get from level 1 to level 55 in just one day. So this means unless you wanna miss a few days of this event, you're forced to spent $50USD to buy an instant level 50 voucher. Not a huge problem since I assume you can still get both pet and aura even if you miss a few days
  • Grind event for a DF/RW stage 3 weapon - no one uses DF/RW. It has double the upgrade cost compared to raven not to mention costs an oil to change path, and less firepower. Was this meant to be a newcomer trap? Most newcomers are not going to realize DF/RW path shouldn't be touched since you end up spending like 3 more PTS + 1 oil, which is almost 1500g. So you waste a ton of event currency for a worse weapon that will cost you more to upgrade? That makes zero sense, and a huge problem. Why can't it be a raven 3 box? No one, who's played this game for more than a month, will even touch the DF/RW stage 3 box

Either change the box to a raven 3 box, or reduce PTS cost in DF/RW path so it matches the raven path.

1. you can easily get lvl 55 in a few hours. Not even a full day so you are wrong with this.

2. You make assumptions without knowing the entire patch notes which may include cost reduction on DF / RW weapons. So instead of shouting you should wait till the entire patch notes are posted that go along with this update. One thing is for sure: They should NOT give Raven stage 3.

39 minutes ago, HateMe said:

1. you can easily get lvl 55 in a few hours. Not even a full day so you are wrong with this.

Can you please post a video proving that. Getting a brand new character (from level 1 to level 55) without using a voucher just in a few hours. I think it takes at least 17 hours to do that so it would be like 2 days of average player's playing time.

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

Can you please post a video proving that. Getting a brand new character (from level 1 to level 55) without using a voucher just in a few hours. I think it takes at least 17 hours to do that so it would be like 2 days of average player's playing time.

Searching isnt hard

2 minutes ago, Deadly Intent said:

No worries, legendary gem hammers on sale, Sep 12 - Oct 17 in cash shop.

Don't wanna go off topic, but speaking of gem hammers: Did they remove the chance to get free sockets from the alternative path for Seraph 1+ ? I'm almost to 10 now and didn't get a single new gem slot ... or am I really that unlucky?

1 hour ago, La Sombra said:

2 days is still pretty fast and shouldn't have much impact on your overall progress in the event, I think.

If you level just another alt and know everything, use XP foods and high AP gems, I'm sure you can level up super fast. :>

1 hour ago, Stacey Banks said:

Don't wanna go off topic, but speaking of gem hammers: Did they remove the chance to get free sockets from the alternative path for Seraph 1+ ? I'm almost to 10 now and didn't get a single new gem slot ... or am I really that unlucky?

No, your luck sucks. 

Nowadays, people get keep rerolling Stage 1 in order to get six slots at Grand Harvest Square.

2 hours ago, HateMe said:

Searching isnt hard

The video is not proving anything in my opinion, i didn't watch the whole video but it stopped nearly at the end of Silverfrost champain (not even the full one), so half the story. U didn't consider a whole new act we getting and all orage quests plus anather 4 acts in between them. If u can get to that point in 11 hours u ganna need at least a miminum of anather 11 hours so an avrage of 22-24 hours. I already done the main story line with 6 of my alts and i can say that is very unlikely to finish all in "a few hours" and if u are not addicted to this game a normal person in my opinion will ruther shoot himself (metaphorically speaking) than actally go straight 22 hours of the same boring stuff.

27 minutes ago, Chad1123 said:

The video is not proving anything in my opinion, i didn't watch the whole video but it stopped nearly at the end of Silverfrost champain (not even the full one), so half the story. U didn't consider a whole new act we getting and all orage quests plus anather 4 acts in between them. If u can get to that point in 11 hours u ganna need at least a miminum of anather 11 hours so an avrage of 22-24 hours. I already done the main story line with 6 of my alts and i can say that is very unlikely to finish all in "a few hours" and if u are not addicted to this game a normal person in my opinion will ruther shoot himself (metaphorically speaking) than actally go straight 22 hours of the same boring stuff.

the new act when it released took at most 2h to complete. That alone got you to 55 hm8. New act doesnt matter as it does not hinder you from being at lvl 55 to participate in the event. simple.

6 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Edit: like post #2 mentioned, gem slots is another huge problem if DF/RW box does not contain 6 slots. Since Baleful 1 is nearly free, you're expected to roll 6 slots from the very start.

First off, you're only seeing two problems?

• I agree that an event largely associated with the release of a new class, when it demands you be at the base level cap to participate, and at least partially relates to dungeons people demand 1.1k AP at minimum for is pretty absurd, but what else is new for them and events? I'm sure there's some hardcore elitists that can rush through the story content in a day, or then there's the whales that just buy their way to Act VIII, but more casual people would take at least a few days, to even weeks to do so, which I'm sure they didn't calculate for.
  • I'm guessing here, but as I've been saying for a while, based on everything they've been doing, it looks like they'll be phasing out the Baleful/Seraph lines with the release of Act IX. I'm also expecting some upgrade cost reductions for the current tier two weapon lines, then it's possible that DF/RW will be regarded as the new default come Act IX.

43 minutes ago, Chad1123 said:

The video is not proving anything in my opinion, i didn't watch the whole video but it stopped at the end of Silverfrost champain, so half the story. U didn't consider a whole new act we getting and all orage quests plus anather 4 acts in between them. If u can get to that point in 11 hours u ganna need at least a miminum of anather 11 hours so an avrage of 22-24 hours. I already done the main story line with 6 of my alts and i can say that is very unlikely to finish all in "a few hours" and if u are not addicted to this game a normal person in my opinion will ruther shoot himself (metaphorically speaking) than actally go straight 22 hours of the same boring stuff.

Of course it doesn't prove his point. He said you could level to 55 in a few hours, then provides a video about levelling to 50 in eleven hours, 50 isn't 55, and eleven is more than a few. Then you get to level 50 in Act IV, which is as far as the video goes, but need to get to Act VIII to go past level 50. Even if you rush, your 22 hour estimate sounds far more reasonable than his insane one of just a few hours. Although he's repeatedly proven himself to be devoted white knight for the game, so making absurd defences like that is nothing new for him. He's also likely a whale, that uses the level 50 thing purchased in the cash shop, rather than levelling up from level one, so isn't even factoring in getting to Act VIII the normal way.

31 minutes ago, HateMe said:

the new act when it released took at most 2h to complete. That alone got you to 55 hm8. New act doesnt matter as it does not hinder you from being at lvl 55 to participate in the event. simple.

The entire conversation was about rather or not is possible leveling through the entire main quest in a few hours. Searching isn't hard doen't it? 2 hours for an act is still a nice amount of time considering there's ganna be 9 of them and now u say that is not neccesary going through the entire story line to get into the event. Then what can i say more? Good luck trying to do IF and other relatively hard dungeon when are dailes with 400 ap, no one will actually complete the story line within minimum 3/4 days (obviously witout using a level 55 voucher). The update will be on September so summer break is over, time for work, school or wthatever everyone is doing, for now we sill don't know how many emblems will take to make permanent soul/pet/weapon so hopefully NCSOFT done the math well and make at least possible getting one thing.

5 hours ago, Why Bother said:

First off, you're only seeing two problems?

• I agree that an event largely associated with the release of a new class, when it demands you be at the base level cap to participate, and at least partially relates to dungeons people demand 1.1k AP at minimum for is pretty absurd, but what else is new for them and events? I'm sure there's some hardcore elitists that can rush through the story content in a day, or then there's the whales that just buy their way to Act VIII, but more casual people would take at least a few days, to even weeks to do so, which I'm sure they didn't calculate for.
  • I'm guessing here, but as I've been saying for a while, based on everything they've been doing, it looks like they'll be phasing out the Baleful/Seraph lines with the release of Act IX. I'm also expecting some upgrade cost reductions for the current tier two weapon lines, then it's possible that DF/RW will be regarded as the new default come Act IX.

Of course it doesn't prove his point. He said you could level to 55 in a few hours, then provides a video about levelling to 50 in eleven hours, 50 isn't 55, and eleven is more than a few. Then you get to level 50 in Act IV, which is as far as the video goes, but need to get to Act VIII to go past level 50. Even if you rush, your 22 hour estimate sounds far more reasonable than his insane one of just a few hours. Although he's repeatedly proven himself to be devoted white knight for the game, so making absurd defences like that is nothing new for him. He's also likely a whale, that uses the level 50 thing purchased in the cash shop, rather than levelling up from level one, so isn't even factoring in getting to Act VIII the normal way.

And here we go with the "white knight". No i am not, but i simply cannot stand people complaining about literally every little thing which isnt even a problem.

All you see on the forums is "omg, i cannot do the event because I cannot play so much, adjust the game for me", "omg this is not for casual players because not everyone can play so many hours a day, adjust the game for me".... and so on.  In case you didnt notice the events are made to reward those who actively play the game , as it should be. Events are not meant to give you freebies. When 55 cap released, going from 50 to 55 took literally between 2-3 hours so adding up its 14 hours, say 15 at most and you do not even need to finish the new storyline for that. And it does prove it is possible, whether everyone will make it in that time, no, they wont, but thats not a game problem, thats the players own individual problem, its not even a event problem.  And for your info no, i am not a whale, i farmed my gear, and i will also not make a warrior since i have no interest in tanking classes.

If people looking objectively at things, and speaking their opinions is "white knighting" for you then your view on things is very narrow minded.

It legit takes like 15-16 hours to beat the story. If we say the average casual player takes 3-4 days to finish the story you still have a bunch of time to get stuff. Like someone above said events are meant to reward players who participate the most and should definitely no be a free hand out. Like I've seen entitlement before but this community takes the cake for sure. 

1 hour ago, Guildmaster said:

Stop lying, its getting annoying...

Its not a lie, you can ask the players yourself on the server. 50-55 took me literally a bit over 2h because the quest chain went super fast. Would be done with it faster but since a lot of players were killing the quest mobs thats where i lost most my time at. Whats getting annoying is useless comments like yours that bring no value add into a discussion.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

Whats getting annoying is useless comments like yours that bring no value add into a discussion.

I leveled 3 alt characters from 50 to 55 and I can assure everyone that it takes alot longer than what you describe.

Let me tell you whats annoying about you and your comments - the amount of sugar coat you put on a problem to make it look "acceptable" for casual players and the fact that you dont seem to understand what current problems those casual players are facing in this game.

Start reading between the lines pls. Your salt and current state of intellectualism is not helping in solving the issues the OP has described

12 minutes ago, Guildmaster said:

I leveled 3 alt characters from 50 to 55 and I can assure everyone that it takes alot longer than what you describe.

Let me tell you whats annoying about you and your comments - the amount of sugar coat you put on a problem to make it look "acceptable" for casual players and the fact that you dont seem to understand what current problems those casual players are facing in this game.

Start reading between the lines pls. Your salt and current state of intellectualism is not helping in solving the issues the OP has described

If it took you longer then you did surely something hella wrong. I leveled 4 of my alts to lvl 55 not too long after the patch went live. so...if you didnt make it, too bad for you, doesnt mean others didnt either.

you need to learn the definition of "casual". A casual player will never achieve the same as someone dedicated. The so called casual players need to stop expecting everything to be handed to them because they cannot play as much / do as much in game. It isnt their fault because they have other things, so do others. But creating "problems" where there are none because someone cannot invest as much time as someone else is not a game propblem, or a publisher problem. Its a YOU problem.

All the "problems" casual players are facing are not there. They just create them and want changes to fit their needs because they lack the time compared to others. That is not how a game should be. I am not saying everything is perfect, because it clearly isnt, there are some things which i do agree can be improved, but as of late all the complaints you see on the forums sound like crying from kids who just dont want to put in effort for something. I know several players who dont spend money on this game, and who got all the way to aransu with decently upgraded souls, maxed BT gear, by simply playing 3-4 hours a day.

Yet i am the "annoying one" because i simply state things the way they are, and i  assure you i am the last person to sugar coat things. I simply state my opinion as objectively as i can, without caring if someone plays 1 hour a day or 8 hours a day, because that is literally like in every single game.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

I think its time to check your views in the interest of objectivity.

You're not casual/new or a return player. In fact you're biased, overreacted and emotionally invested in this topic. Your particular beliefs arent letting you clearly see other's viewpoints.

As a casual player myself I'm telling you that you dont seem to get the point. Sollicit, share help but pls stop acting like the big man you are by saying stuff like:

1.Its a YOU problem

2.All the "problems" casual players are facing

3.because that is literally like in every single game

4.i simply cannot stand people complaining about literally every little thing which isnt even a problem

... and the list goes on :/

Your perceivement, projected through you, your past experiences and backgrounds is, oftentimes, just like in this situation...wrong

Well ... this video shows how fast you can level a new character from act 1 to act 4, which takes 11 hours ... And you say, that getting 55 after the act's patch only took 2-3 hours, so you come to a total hours of 14 hours ... But you forget, that this last act where you become level 55 is act number 8, so there are still act 5, 6 and 7 to do and also they are taking a while ;) So it really takes more than 14 hours, even if you are fast and do it without breaks ^^

What they should do/have done is provide event tokens as a quest reward for people who leveled warden from lvl1. Like they did with gunner release. Have the reward come from the last chapter of act 7. That way the people that buy the vouchers can't take advantage of it since it starts them at act 8 chapter 1.

Archived