Fleeting equipment to help new players/alts

Kozuki

If you play Lineage 2, you would know about Shadow equipment. They are items with equivalent power to their normal counterpart, but with expiration timer and not enchant-able. These items are given to new players/alts, corresponding to their current levels, so that they can have sufficient gear to level up and to participate in certain group contents while grinding for permanent equipment.

In this game, we have something similar called fleeting, but it is only given to former subscribers who have left the game for a long time, as an attempt to attract them back, or only lasts during certain events (soul badge/soul/pet). If you're late for these events, then you have no choice but grind for them normally, which would take you a long while to reach the same level of these fleeting equipment, considering the current gear grinding.

So, how should we do this? I think shadow/fleeting gear that are sufficient to run at least Starstone Mines and Hollow's Heart should be good enough for new players to accumulate gold/materials. The duration of thees gear should be around 30 days. Of course, these fleeting gear cannot be upgraded or whatsoever.

When you finish Act 8 of the story quest, your character will receive those fleeting equipment:

-Weapon: equivalent to Raven Stage 1. Or Dawnforged/Riftwalk Stage 1.

-Ring/Earing: equivalent to BT Stage 1. You can select your prefer elements. Or at least Black Dawn Ring/Xanos Earring.

-Belt/Bracelet/Necklace: Just no. Use Draken Cores for these instead. They are pretty good.

-Soul: equivalent to Awk.Soul.

-Pet: equivalent to Awk.Pet.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

why limit them to days if you could just keep them and upgrade?

Cuz else, it is basically give players a free Raven weapon and BT accessories if they are not time-limited.

Also, time limit may encourage players to play more to efficiently use the fleeting gear.

4 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

Cuz else, it is basically give players a free Raven weapon and BT accessories if they are not time-limited.

Also, time limit may encourage players to play more to efficiently use the fleeting gear.

why not make the fleeting gear saveable from time limit if you finish X and how many times X

Idea is not bad but it wont help new ppl to do never content because it will automaticly : no fleeting eq. It doesnt matter if he has enough ap for dung he is new person who dont now his rotation and dont know mechs so he wont use his equipment fully (alts are diferent thing). While farming lower dungs ppl can learn their class rotations/master them and when they get to same gear lvl as your mentioned fleeting gear then they can use that fully. Its realy not equipments fault its NCwest because they are gating upgrades by limiting new players farming places from old dungs and not making newer dungs more rewarding so ppl wont do shorter ones. If i remember corectly with every story patch they are giving new equipment so if we are getting new story on sep 5th we might get from new acts some more eqpuipment.

Or... and hear me out on this one... ease back on the ridiculous AP requirements for dungeons.

No joke, I actually saw a person seriously have a 1k+ requirement two days ago... for SOGUN'S LAMENT. Freakin' Sogun's Lament?!? REALLY?!?

I mean, let's face it... you can get away with quite a bit even trying to avoid mechs when it comes to dungeon clearing... anything below DT/EC/NF can pretty much be cleared with a random group of people (just hit LFP and you'll be fine). NS probably only needs 1k+ just to get past the enrage timer, while SSM needs closer to 1050+ for the same reason... and even then, it's not even that stringent.

I had some jerk yesterday who recruited for SSM with no AP/gear requirement, but still kicked a Bale10 (still 1030ap) from our already overpowered group. He basically told me it was easier to kick than put requirements down. In the end, he lagged so hard, he was pretty much useless in the final battle and, ironically, the Bale 10 would have been more useful. We ended up pretty much 4-manning the dungeon and when he was raging over the connection, I just told him it was "karma". He got real salty after that one.

Archived