Hong Nerf

Kaguya Zero

Let's be honest: Master Hong is a pain in the ass to fight and requires either great gear to burn, or patience and absolute precision to fight against. However regardless of how much you can try to perfect against him, he's still tedious. I'll give reasons why:
First off, his debuff stacks. I can understand it being a DoT like Yunsang, however: of how horribly broken it's healing decrease is when you have just 2 stacks is terrible to cope with, for anyone. We don't need another Rupture.
Second, his room AoE when he says "Stay Present!": You've designed it to go up to 10 strikes..? Really? I want you to clarify how someone is supposed to survive that, even if you're a sheath class. If anything, make the maximum amount 5 strikes, because anything higher is pretty much a death warrant.
Third, of how horrible it is to fight against his instant death spaces he places across the room: I already know how to counter it, yes; you go to the middle of where the previous deathzone is so you don't overwhelm yourself with another one. Even so, it's something you should touch up on. It's not fun getting caught in the middle of having 1/15 space left of the arena when he's making more death zones.
I get it, he's an endgame boss for a powerful bracelet item drop, and other good stuff. Doesn't mean you should make it so mortifying.

I think he's fine. Once you get the pattern of his attacks down it becomes a matter of dps and nothing else. Also his 10 hit aoe is only 5 hits technically. He only does more hits if you hit his shield when he's blocking, so just walk behind him.

Yes this fight pretty much requires you to be precise, one screw up and everything goes downhill. He's not tedious at all, you only need to fight him once a day for a week and a half if it's the bracelet you're after. 

2 hours ago, Wataru said:

I would love a nerf, but it's the current ranked solo area in F11. I don't think they'll do that. So painful for warlock.

I'm no warlock main but I imagine you guys only got your SS for mobility so I can tell you guys will need to be pinpoint perfect to beat Hong.

Learn his attack pattern and stick close to him at all times and walk behind him to avoid the punch beams. His field wide aoe (the close then far one) is safe to get hit by it as it only does kd with meh damage and doesn't stack a DoT, just make sure not to F roll too far away otherwise he'll start jumping and things will get out of hand. For his 5 hit aoe always use Bastion and you'll be good. Use SS in case you can't get behind him fast enough to avoid the punch beams but careful not to use it before his mech phase cause you'll need to to avoid the first hit safely. 

Watch any Master Hong guide video for your class and you'll be fine.

I'm well aware of his mechanics, and I know what to do. I only have problems with how horribly lethal his stacks are because of healing decrease and that his '5 hit AoE' can extend to 10 hits instead. I'm a KFM, and even with my iFrames I cannot survive that.

Master Hong is extremely unfriendly to people with hing ping.

Playing as a Summoner at 250-270ms, I cannot execute F roll and SS after being pulled fast enough. In order to fight him, I have to rely on my Tab escape + SS instead. For second pull, I have to F roll + E iframe, and gotta accept a DoT stack cuz F-roll+SS is so unrelaible

There is to another problem: If I DPS him too fast that his phase come back-to-back, my long-cooldown escape skill won't be recovered in time, unless I use a reset pot. And, since I don't have time for the DoT to run out either, it will stack further to even a more dangerous tier.

My win rate against Master Hong is 60%. The rate should have been 80-90pct if my F-roll+SS can work properly.

I'm glad that I no longer have to deal with him, since I already get my bracelet.

6 hours ago, Kaguya Zero said:

I'm well aware of his mechanics, and I know what to do. I only have problems with how horribly lethal his stacks are because of healing decrease and that his '5 hit AoE' can extend to 10 hits instead. I'm a KFM, and even with my iFrames I cannot survive that.

kfm have an easy time with Hong. You shouldn't even be getting hit.

You can afford getting hit by his room wide aoe (not the 5 hit one) because it doesn't stack a DoT. Avoid his punch attacks by simply walking thru him, it's what I do on my gunner.

If you know his mechanics than you should know that you should NOT be attacking his shield to extend the hit. He always does the shield after his 2 hit knockup move where he charges at you, which btw he also always does after his upward punch beam. You should always be ready for it.

There's no need to nerf it, if u don't have the damage to skip those aoes then u don't need to do Hong, stay with your divine dragon or tiger bracelet until u get some good stuff and try again, once I got my vt badge it was the easiest stuff for me, I don't see why it needs a nerf, you only need gear, Hong is super easy. 

33 minutes ago, Kaguya Zero said:

Well one part of that is new to me: from videos and people I've talked to, I didn't know striking the shield was what caused more room attacks.

Even if you didn't knew you shouldn't be hitting in the shield, you clearly lack practice. Hong is not hard if you know what you are doing, imo the previous solo ini end bosses were all harder at the time they came out.

Second off I think it'd be better if one is to post tips or words of encouragement to others instead of saying "It's ez". You really aren't clarifying or helping anything, just brandishing that you hold a superiority in the "skill" to do what someone else can't.

1 hour ago, Kaguya Zero said:

Well one part of that is new to me: from videos and people I've talked to, I didn't know striking the shield was what caused more room attacks.

You didn't saw any video then, every video i saw when the Hong was released, the guy who made it clearly said to don't hit the shield, i didn't even knew after 80 runs that more times i hit the shield more aoe the hong does, but come on, it's a shield.. Why would you hit it?

21 hours ago, Kaguya Zero said:

Let's be honest: Master Hong is a pain in the ass to fight and requires either great gear to burn, or patience and absolute precision to fight against. However regardless of how much you can try to perfect against him, he's still tedious. I'll give reasons why:
First off, his debuff stacks. I can understand it being a DoT like Yunsang, however: of how horribly broken it's healing decrease is when you have just 2 stacks is terrible to cope with, for anyone. We don't need another Rupture.
Second, his room AoE when he says "Stay Present!": You've designed it to go up to 10 strikes..? Really? I want you to clarify how someone is supposed to survive that, even if you're a sheath class. If anything, make the maximum amount 5 strikes, because anything higher is pretty much a death warrant.
Third, of how horrible it is to fight against his instant death spaces he places across the room: I already know how to counter it, yes; you go to the middle of where the previous deathzone is so you don't overwhelm yourself with another one. Even so, it's something you should touch up on. It's not fun getting caught in the middle of having 1/15 space left of the arena when he's making more death zones.
I get it, he's an endgame boss for a powerful bracelet item drop, and other good stuff. Doesn't mean you should make it so mortifying.

Master hong is not hard to beat at all. you simply need to learn his patterns and never get too far from him. Best is to circle him around so you do not get hit with the debuff.

The fact you complain about his "up to 10 hit aoe" already shows you do not know his mechanics well...

Basically: When he holds his hands in front of him and does the block, if you hit into it he will gain a stack of “Focus Charge”.During the big AOE, any focus charges are consumed to increase the number of hits. You just need to watch it and be carefull. If you dont give him stacks you will have no issues avoiding the ground slams in full.

for the debuff part: you should not even be getting hit. If you are that means you:

1. Are too far from him and he leaps on you with the debuff

2. You get hit by his forward chanrge things

Geting the debuff during the special phase is sometimes a must if you want to survive it.

For the death zones.....the way they end up on the floor is up to you. If you yourself place them wrong you will have 1/15 spaces available and you will die.

Master Hong doesn't need a nerf. You need to better learn his attack patterns and his phase mechanics. Even as an Aransu 3 1276 ap summoner. I took the time and had the patience to learn his attack patterns and his phase mechanics from front to back. Stop complaining and get in there and learn the fight. Like I did along with many others. 

I’m going to have to agree with what others already stated, I really hope they don’t nerf it. Seems like whenever something is challenging for someone they want it to be nerfed making content even more brain dead instead of learning attack patterns and mechanics. I struggled a lot with him too at first and failed many times but with practice and learning his pattern he got easier each time.

Since I already done with him, I don't really care if Master Hong receives a nerf or not. Considering he is the current F11 content, I don't think any nerf will happen until we get the next solo dungeon with that furry girl.

Still it would be preferable to give a chance for the bracelet to drop from all boss instead of just from token exchange, which are too rare a drop from three bosses before Master Hong. Similar to bracelet drop from F16-20, or glove drop from Yeoharan. That way, players who find Master Hong too hard to deal with cuz gear/ping can just settle farming bosses before him.

I tried master hong.

impression is that the rotation takes abit of time to master before you can reach the death zone mechanic despite high ping.

but when entering the death zone mechanic, high ping becomes an issue as its pretty random (i know the hand direction thing) but its just too high ping unfriendly.

I do spend $ on this game, but the way things are moving, i am likely to just wait out and hold back on any spending till things get better. I believe in enjoying the game, spending some money to support its development while learning the mechanics and having fun mastering the rotation etc.... 

But....  when it comes to a point where ping is a deterrent and seeing that publishers are not working with developers to make the game more ping friendly, i will just withdraw and spend else where that makes me more happy at this period of time.

Bottomline is, i pay and play to enjoy, not pay and play to suffer. 

PS: drop rate of the fragment even for first 3 boss is so low, i won't even consider spending time on it. The content is really good, but the way its set out to be in terms of drop rate, just makes it a turn off and in short, waste of effort creating a great content that is ruined due to poor planning.

3 hours ago, Azurelis said:

I tried master hong.

impression is that the rotation takes abit of time to master before you can reach the death zone mechanic despite high ping.

but when entering the death zone mechanic, high ping becomes an issue as its pretty random (i know the hand direction thing) but its just too high ping unfriendly.

I do spend $ on this game, but the way things are moving, i am likely to just wait out and hold back on any spending till things get better. I believe in enjoying the game, spending some money to support its development while learning the mechanics and having fun mastering the rotation etc.... 

But....  when it comes to a point where ping is a deterrent and seeing that publishers are not working with developers to make the game more ping friendly, i will just withdraw and spend else where that makes me more happy at this period of time.

Bottomline is, i pay and play to enjoy, not pay and play to suffer. 

PS: drop rate of the fragment even for first 3 boss is so low, i won't even consider spending time on it. The content is really good, but the way its set out to be in terms of drop rate, just makes it a turn off and in short, waste of effort creating a great content that is ruined due to poor planning.

I agree, which is the reason I take it easy and wait. 

Archived