About GCD (Global Cooldown)

KhaliD

Why GCD does not it work as the main skill of dps for all class?

We know that auto gcd is activated after 10 hits and it affects some skills depending on your class(helps a lot for those who have high ping). Ex: Blade Master - Flicker, Assassin- Heart Stab, Warlock - Bombardment etc...

If certain skills have the effect of gcd why not others?

This effect should be expanded to SF ICE RMB, BM Dragontongue, or any other class that has its main skill to generate DPS.

NCsoft have any future changes for this, or will it never be changed?

I didn't understand what are you referring to. Maybe u get wrong the concept of global cooldown. For me global cooldown is the skill preventing us to spam buff/reset more than one at the time, for example if u have 3 warloks or 3 bb u can't spam 3 buffs in a row unless u have a gun reset witch helps reset the global cooldown but then gun's reset(alpha call) go in global cooldown for 5 min. Since u brought up the 10 hits maybe you are referring to the raven/aransu reset cooldowns or weapon ap/elemantal boost. I'm not aware of this GCD(Global Cooldown) u are reffering to, from your exaples i can say that are referred to the weapon resets but please explain more to understand.

46 minutes ago, Chad1123 said:

I didn't understand what are you referring to. Maybe u get wrong the concept of global cooldown. For me global cooldown is the skill preventing us to spam buff/reset more than one at the time, for example if u have 3 warloks or 3 bb u can't spam 3 buffs in a row unless u have a gun reset witch helps reset the global cooldown but then gun's reset(alpha call) go in global cooldown for 5 min. Since u brought up the 10 hits maybe you are referring to the raven/aransu reset cooldowns or weapon ap/elemantal boost. I'm not aware of this GCD(Global Cooldown) u are reffering to, from your exaples i can say that are referred to the weapon resets but please explain more to understand.

The GCD has been modified some time ago to automatically adjust to your ping, why the refer to 10 hits [It adjust it after some hits based on your ping, personally I think it's more like 5 attacks before it adjust].

Without the GCD adjustment at high ping flicker for BM for example would be very slow but with the GDC adjustment flicker for high ping BM is now almost as fast as people with low ping has. It really works!  And here's a thread about it

But for BM it's only flicker that got fixed, so yes, why not make the main skill work with this too like for BM it would be Dragontongue or better yet all skills! This would help a lot and reduce the dps dif between high and low ping much more.

Now i understand and yeah me too as a BM main when i have ms spikes i get upset if i can't do that 6/7 Dragontongues to keep the Lunar Slash up, sorry if i have no information on this topic you should ask on reddid if anyone who plays on kr knows anythig.

15 hours ago, LaraKelly said:

The GCD has been modified some time ago to automatically adjust to your ping, why the refer to 10 hits [It adjust it after some hits based on your ping, personally I think it's more like 5 attacks before it adjust].

Without the GCD adjustment at high ping flicker for BM for example would be very slow but with the GDC adjustment flicker for high ping BM is now almost as fast as people with low ping has. It really works!  And here's a thread about it

But for BM it's only flicker that got fixed, so yes, why not make the main skill work with this too like for BM it would be Dragontongue or better yet all skills! This would help a lot and reduce the dps dif between high and low ping much more.

Unfortunately this has been more than a year, anyway, they are not want expand others skills to GCD.

On 8/20/2018 at 11:39 AM, KhaliD said:

Unfortunately this has been more than a year, anyway, they are not want expand others skills to GCD.

yeah! Should have done something by now...
and actually even in that thread I posed above I did mention this too, that it should extended to all skill not just flicker

Archived