Element

ZIEvilAngel

why there is an element weaker than the other one? i like to play shadow on my warlock but if i need to do a lot of damage i need to play frost why frost do 100,000 more than shadow, now i play on my Kong fu master and i love to play fire but also wind is more powerful. why make two elements if they're gonna force the people to play only one element that do more damage not the one they like, can't they make them both do equal damage or even make them close to each other not 100,000 damage difference

Honestly play whatever you want. Every class and spec can be competitive (even your "KONG fu master")

Its just a matter of time before "weaker" specs become overpowered again. It always rotates.

Focus on your dps opener and min-maxing your gameplay.  The amount of people I see only pressing their macro and then acting like elitists is just mind~boggling...

Also, best specs and classes only matter for the "current endboss" in this game. So dont worry too much about it

It's less about damage and more about playstyle and ease of use.

For example, while Wind KFM may do more damage overall, it relies heavily on animation cancelling in order to do that. If you're not capable of performing those cancels reliably, you might want to go Fire instead. Yes, the overall damage might be a little lower (but then again, you're playing a KFM - you're not playing a DPS class anyways), but it'll be easier to use.

You have two options - be a min-max player who wants to squeeze every last bit of damage out of your class or you play what you want to play, because you like it. A min-maxer is going to end up spending a lot more money/resources and will be extremely frustrated whenever classes get tweaked ("aw, they nerfed my ice WL and now shadow's better... time to go shadow and get all new accessories..."), while the player who just chooses based on preference will enjoy their character more overall in the long run and will simply adapt to the changes.

Like everyone said play element that suites your playstyle best. If you gona be chasing biggest dmg numbers you never gona be happy with any class when balancing patchas comes and changes tiers once again. If you want to  be one of those that choose biger numbers>more enjoyable playstyle you wont last realy much in game or will only see - in game. As for kfm i would thing logical thing would be  harder build to play do higher dmg. But for wl its actualy is backwards shadow is harder build but easier build do higher dmg and vt ss favers prety much only ice build which is the biggest problem. Also they are planing on doing some reworks on all classes and they want to bring both element dmg to same level so we can just wait and play what we enjoy and hope it will come some day :)

The difference in dps between elements is just in a theoretical(parse) point of view, so in a perfect environment where u take no dmg and no mech is required, just pure dps. When it comes to real dungeons where u can take dmg,cc and u need to do certain mechs the differece in dps start to be almost invisible. To reach the max outmut dps there are more factors to consider like lag,buffs and knowing when to block attacks, for example light sin can do way more dmg than shadow if they have a stable ping and don't get out of stealth but if u add a soulbourn shodow sin can easly outdps light, for other classes might be the same. For now one element might be stonger than anather but in a near future everythig can change, for example when i started playing bns the only element every destro will go was earth now most of the destro are shadow, thing change over time so the best u can do is to choose the element u enjoy the most and don't care for the difference in dps because to see a difference u need to sell your kidney to get max geared.

Archived