Sign in to follow this  
Kozuki

This game needs a target-switching button

Kozuki   

When you group bosses/mobs together, you will have a very hard time to target the desired target. 

-If you fight bosses where you want to group them for AoE, but still want to balance their health bar so that they will die together, then tanker will have manually separate them somehow. For example, if your DPS is not strong enough to kill both Sky Lions in Nightfall Sanctuary in very short time of each other's death, be prepare for extra pain by refraining DPS, trying to separate them to balance their HP. If you kill a lion, then the alive one will constantly move the death lazer, thus party-wiping risk is a lot higher.

-Let say you put a debuff on one of two bosses, then when they group up, your target switches to the one without debuff. Or, you fight a group of mob, then your debuff land on a mob, but your target is something else. This weakens your DPS and prolong the fight unnecessary, cause some classes cannot fight as effectively without their debuff on target.

-This escalates in PvP, when Summoner/WL hides behind their pet, taking advantage on the wonky target system that always target the pet for no reason.

So yeah, as this game still uses targeting system, so we should have a button in case we want to rotate between targets in a group of mobs/bosses.

Kozuki   
16 minutes ago, Khaen said:

FA1Fpmv.png
Not sure if you've noticed this.. I think it's what you're looking for. 

Not sure you notice that it mostly won't do anything. As an Earth Sum, I throw a Ivy Poison on a mob in a group of mob, and I still have a hard time targeting the debuffed mob to throw my nettle. Of course, with this option on. :D

And, assuming it works, tell me how can you put a debuff on Boss B when your target system is glueing on boss B as both of them are stacking onto each other?

Also, assuming it works properly, it means that if you accidentally casts debuff on wrong target, your targeting system will keep targetting that wrong target instead. And there is no way out until the debuff expires.

Edited by Kozuki

Khaen   

Ouch. It looks like I'm giving unnecessary input. 

I play wind summoner as an alt, but I recall earth as being AoE. Perhaps you are lagging if your character positioning does not aid in your targeting. At any rate, I shall back out since it appears I lack the knowledge to contribute to your topic. 

:sick:

1 hour ago, Kozuki said:

So yeah, as this game still uses targeting system, so we should have a button in case we want to rotate between targets in a group of mobs/bosses.

Will never happen. Blade and Soul uses a crosshair target system like other FPS games.

What you basically want is to target a warlock that is hiding behind Thrall, but you lazy to put some effort to properly aim the crosshair at him, so you press a button. 

Again...will never happen

Granger   

>bns uses the crosshair to aim like a fps.

bwhahahaha idk what fps you've been playing but that'd be some epic aim assist when you can target things over 20 degrees away from your crosshair

3 hours ago, Guildmaster said:

Will never happen. Blade and Soul uses a crosshair target system like other FPS games.

B&S uses a system that's between the old tab lock on one, and the free aim one you're saying it uses, let's call it a soft lock system. The idea is that you select the target you want to lock on to by aiming at it, you'd then stay locked on to it till it is dead, you aim at a different target, or move out of targeting range. It works fine if there is only one target, but when there's more than one, you can for instance be aiming at the one in front of you, while your attacks are flying off screen to the mob you're still locked on to, so it's hardly all that reliable, and has annoyed the heck out of me as well.

Edited by Why Bother

HateMe   
7 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Not sure you notice that it mostly won't do anything. As an Earth Sum, I throw a Ivy Poison on a mob in a group of mob, and I still have a hard time targeting the debuffed mob to throw my nettle. Of course, with this option on. :D

And, assuming it works, tell me how can you put a debuff on Boss B when your target system is glueing on boss B as both of them are stacking onto each other?

Also, assuming it works properly, it means that if you accidentally casts debuff on wrong target, your targeting system will keep targetting that wrong target instead. And there is no way out until the debuff expires.

You have 2 skills that give ivy poison. If you first skill goes on a mob that you cant target because its covered in other ones you use your second skill on a new target and use briar patch. Its trash mobs its not like it even matters.