Forums

Regarding Designer Thread

Although I watched the stream, there is one point I am not 100% clear on regarding the use of Designer Thread for outfit loot box events such as this

If I redeem my tokens for Designer Thread, will the Designer thread still be usable if I save it (instead of using it now) until another event arrives? And will it stack with new designer thread in events going forward, or will new events have different Designer Thread?

I ask because I want to make 100% sure that saving my designer thread will mean I get to use it in the future with new designer thread

5 hours ago, Inugami said:

Although I watched the stream, there is one point I am not 100% clear on regarding the use of Designer Thread for outfit loot box events such as this

If I redeem my tokens for Designer Thread, will the Designer thread still be usable if I save it (instead of using it now) until another event arrives? And will it stack with new designer thread in events going forward, or will new events have different Designer Thread?

I ask because I want to make 100% sure that saving my designer thread will mean I get to use it in the future with new designer thread

I think it is a permanent implement that means to help you to access previous RNG outfit boxes. Designer's Threads can be supplied through the latest RNG outfit boxes, where you can exchange tokens to the thread. In future, when a new RNG outfit box is out, they will add the previous one to the list. 

In short, you can buy the current RNG box to buy older RNG box through Designer's thread. Emphasizing on the word "buy".

So, if you are so lack of outfits (hint: Warrior when they are out and have pretty much an empty Wardrobe), you can get some random outfits from older RNG boxes where everything is new.

4 hours ago, Kozuki said:

I think it is a permanent implement that means to help you to access previous RNG outfit boxes. Designer's Threads can be supplied through the latest RNG outfit boxes, where you can exchange tokens to the thread. In future, when a new RNG outfit box is out, they will add the previous one to the list. 

In short, you can buy the current RNG box to buy older RNG box through Designer's thread. Emphasizing on the word "buy".

So, if you are so lack of outfits (hint: Warrior when they are out and have pretty much an empty Wardrobe), you can get some random outfits from older RNG boxes where everything is new.

I doubt that they would let us have access to rng box to begin with we don't even have access to those outfits to salvage them.

Edited by RavTH

That's not really what I'm asking though, I know what the threads can be used for, what I want to know is will the same designer threads from the current box be stackable and usable during future events If I were to turn in my tokens for thread now, or will they have a "new" designer thread in the future events that isn't compatible with the current thread. Like, if I save my threads up, can I get more during the next box that will work with my current threads... 

@Liinxy

19 hours ago, YungBlaze said:

This entire event is a freaking scam. Don't waste your money. They hide everything behind these massive paywalls/RNG boxes. Just save your money

I'd rather have an actual answer to my question than another rant about player dissatisfaction in my thread. I'm not asking "should I buy boxes" I'm asking "Will this thread work going forwards, and should I save it, or do I need to spend it now because different thread will be used next time"

I'm quite happy with what I got from my boxes. All I want is information so I can plan how to spend my tokens from the costumes I didn't want. If I can save my thread and they stack with future threads from similar events is all I want to know.

• NCSOFT
On 8/18/2018 at 7:46 AM, Inugami said:

That's not really what I'm asking though, I know what the threads can be used for, what I want to know is will the same designer threads from the current box be stackable and usable during future events If I were to turn in my tokens for thread now, or will they have a "new" designer thread in the future events that isn't compatible with the current thread. Like, if I save my threads up, can I get more during the next box that will work with my current threads... 

@Liinxy

The Designer Threads will be the same threads used in the costume rng boxes going forward. You're safe to save up if you'd like. :HajoonCheer:

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Liinxy said:

The Designer Threads will be the same threads used in the costume rng boxes going forward. You're safe to save up if you'd like. :HajoonCheer:

Liinxy I love you and this new system so much <3 It makes buying RNG boxes so much more fun!!!