Rare outfits from RNG box should give 3 tokens instead of 1-3

Kozuki

pQa9gta.jpg

This outfit, along with Viceroy and Demonaic, is new and rare to get from Fantasy Box. However, the fact that RNG on the number of token upon salvage is kinda sad.

It is like you win a lottery, then the lottery company said: now you must roll for one of three rewards, including a Jackpot, a First-Prize, and a Consolation Prize. By the way, you mostly earn a Consolation Prize for every ticket you buy already. This waters down the rare occasion of joy, when your rare item gives you the same value as a normal item.

Don't be stingy and water down lucky customers, NCWest. Just give the lucky 3 tokens.

Since the current box is already ongoing, I don't really expect any change. Hope your next box would prove to be  more customer-friendly.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

honestly...stop complaining or would u rather they made them only give 1 without a chance for more?

truth be told had tehy made those costumes only give 1 emblem no one would care and this post wouldnt happen.

Stop white knighting for NCSoft. It's quite obvious that this system needs improvement, and unless people complain, it wont improve. You -really- do seem to enjoy inconvenience in games.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:17 PM, Kozuki said:

pQa9gta.jpg

This outfit, along with Viceroy and Demonaic, is new and rare to get from Fantasy Box. However, the fact that RNG on the number of token upon salvage is kinda sad.

It is like you win a lottery, then the lottery company said: now you must roll for one of three rewards, including a Jackpot, a First-Prize, and a Consolation Prize. By the way, you mostly earn a Consolation Prize for every ticket you buy already. This waters down the rare occasion of joy, when your rare item gives you the same value as a normal item.

Don't be stingy and water down lucky customers, NCWest. Just give the lucky 3 tokens.

Since the current box is already ongoing, I don't really expect any change. Hope your next box would prove to be  more customer-friendly.

They did this to give you the impression that you "could be getting more" when most of the time you will get one emblem. It's a gambling system upon another gambling system. Whales won't really care about this anyway, but normal players will only get further alienated by these practices. Not everyone has hundreds of $ to throw down the toilet every month.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:26 PM, Souba said:

Stop white knighting for NCSoft. It's quite obvious that this system needs improvement, and unless people complain, it wont improve. You -really- do seem to enjoy inconvenience in games.

No, because there is nothing wrong with it. He is simply complaining that it gives you 1 with a chance to get more, Had it said it only gives 1 from the beginning without the rng chance he would have not made this forum post. This is literally complaining over nothing. You should be happy you can get more considering pother outfits give 10. Instead of complaining.

Watch, next time an event like this happens all outfits will only give 1 emopblem without any chance for more.

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

No, because there is nothing wrong with it. He is simply complaining that it gives you 1 with a chance to get more, Had it said it only gives 1 from the beginning without the rng chance he would have not made this forum post. This is literally complaining over nothing. You should be happy you can get more considering pother outfits give 10. Instead of complaining.

Watch, next time an event like this happens all outfits will only give 1 emopblem without any chance for more.

There is nothing wrong with it... from your perspective. You're free to throw away your money as you see fit, but please don't try to talk in the name of everyone.

Normally it should have been either 1 or 3 tokens. There's no reason to add RNG on top of RNG (first when you open the box and second when you dismantle the outfit). Instead of getting a fixed, fair amount of tokens/emblems, you get a "chance" - but let's be honest, the standard return for those "rarer" outfits should have been 3 directly. Giving a chance to get 1-3 is not really a bonus... it's a way to milk unlucky players more, and probably to test how this goes with the player base.

A fair approach would have been to have a standard salvage numbers for all of them and additionally, a chance to get bonus emblems every time you salvage a costume. But I guess you won't really learn your lesson until a future event where they give you a chance to get between 1-10 emblems for each costume. Maybe you'll like that more!

5 hours ago, asot said:

There is nothing wrong with it... from your perspective. You're free to throw away your money as you see fit, but please don't try to talk in the name of everyone.

Normally it should have been either 1 or 3 tokens. There's no reason to add RNG on top of RNG (first when you open the box and second when you dismantle the outfit). Instead of getting a fixed, fair amount of tokens/emblems, you get a "chance" - but let's be honest, the standard return for those "rarer" outfits should have been 3 directly. Giving a chance to get 1-3 is not really a bonus... it's a way to milk unlucky players more, and probably to test how this goes with the player base.

A fair approach would have been to have a standard salvage numbers for all of them and additionally, a chance to get bonus emblems every time you salvage a costume. But I guess you won't really learn your lesson until a future event where they give you a chance to get between 1-10 emblems for each costume. Maybe you'll like that more!

You are looking at it from the wrong perspective. The outfits give a guaranteed 1. Thats it. you can get a bit more if you are lucky, but their main reward is 1. So bottom line the 1-3 options is giving you a bit extra for free., and no, they should not give 3 directly because equivalen  t costumes give 1 so they should in fact give only 1, but lok at that they have a chance to give you more. Its not a way to milk, since you get a guaranteed 1. smart players buy x boxes, calculating based on the 3 number first (best case scenario) if they dont get it they add the amount of boxes to it so they do not overpay.

Too tired to quote anyone.

The thread itself is called "it should be 3 instead of 1", so no one cares what it actually is-we already know what it actually is. and that's why someones saying it should be something else, that's the problem. What it is right now is bad. idk something something reading comprehension

Just here to co-sign OP

All the other RNG boxs I didn't spend a cent, I just ignored and didn't have anything to do with but this time around, really wanted that set. and maaaaaaaaaaaaaan did it hurt. OH. I was miserable. I'm actually, I'm never doing that again. I'm never doing that again. At this point, I never want to buy another costume again period. I've had to skip about 5 costumes now and I finally get one and it feels gross lol. Nothing should cost so much in a video game. The money isnt the problem, I have the money. But man does it feel genuinely awful to use it like that. That is just not a good feeling at all and I hope they realize how negative it is on their playerbase.

Like come on. This is what you're doing, this is what you're relying on? You don't know how to make money any way else?

Blade and Soul is pretty much the Camgirl of MMO's right now. Yeah I said it. I'd say it again too.

Having new costumes in RNG boxes is great, good job there, that's fun
The token thing though lets go back to lab on that one, somethings very wrong there

And somethings very wrong with a 2k bikini set too. and the Russian costume was somewhat overpriced too.

Also, gold is too hard to make. Also, moonstones don't exist. Stop buying shoes, put those down-listen to me.

"They want us to buy 1 costume a month instead of several" - one of my friends.
Now think about that. Think about that and what that means.

Alright take care.

Archived