Let players buy all "free item on F10 per day" for players who may miss it

Kozuki

tl;nr: Let players buy all oils (or whatever future currency) at once, instead of asking them to buy one oil per day, potentially missing some. 

I just woke up and found that I missed a free Fleeting oil. I was completely unaware of this free extra oils until I hit forum and reddit.

I believe that it is enough to squeeze an extra Sacred Vial with 2 extra hooks + 14 oil from F10. Missing one single day and your extra vial says bye-bye.

It is not a big deal for me cuz I have another goal in my mind, but I think last-minute free event currency on F10 is kinda bad, since it really depends on whether NCWest feels generous enough, and it tends to come so suddenly that some players may miss it.

Players, if they can, will log in daily to do their quests and events, or else they won't be able to progress their gear. No need for extra "incentive" to make them log in more and frustrate them out if they miss it, especially when you don't event bother to put it on in-game "Announcement", which would do nicely as a reminder.

vEyEpyA.jpg

^There is no "reminder" about extra free oils in current Annoucement.

Instead of the day-to-day purchase basis with potential to miss some, I think NCWest should just let players buy every currency at once. So players don't need to log in daily to buy oils for 14 days. Instead, I can just get 14 oil right of the bat.

It's just one of those things where you log in you get one free, kind of like buy one get one free, maybe they want you to put in a little effort to get it. I don't see how that can frustrate someone especially since they didn't have to give out any for free. I agree though it should have been put in the reminder as well.

I think OP's point is the lack of awareness that the free oils exist in the first place. I certainly wasn't aware until I randomly browsed through the hongmoon section of the store under the materials tab. 

On 11/08/2018 at 3:25 AM, KurooSakura said:

having ppl log in daily is the idea

18 hours ago, Junamaki said:

It's just one of those things where you log in you get one free, kind of like buy one get one free, maybe they want you to put in a little effort to get it. I don't see how that can frustrate someone especially since they didn't have to give out any for free. I agree though it should have been put in the reminder as well.

Did you both miss this paragraph in OP's post? :sick: 

On 11/08/2018 at 1:40 AM, Kozuki said:

Players, if they can, will log in daily to do their quests and events, or else they won't be able to progress their gear. No need for extra "incentive" to make them log in more and frustrate them out if they miss it, especially when you don't event bother to put it on in-game "Announcement", which would do nicely as a reminder.

The first sentence in particular.

The F1 announcements could definitely be improved to include updates such as this. Most people esc it out of habit, but I reckon would probably pause and read if the splash image is new and different. 

I didn't miss anything, that particular part of what the OP wrote was what I was responding to. If they log in to do dailies then it would make no difference to log in and claim the item. I also agreed that it should've been put in the reminder.

Archived