Costume contest.

zerooo

so this year is worst than last year's contests...... from all your options , maybe 3 are good......but for god sake....... some of them hideous like the panda one....it has literally 0 creativity looks like he went to nearest store and look for kids clothing... you guys need to triple the sources two of those are suspicious

this

pVmECi7.jpg

GEVQANC.png

And now this 2

MCEFxMa.png

and this one reminds me white hot....they even have the flower in the same spot....

i would get if this was selected randomly by a bot....but no....they "pick" the best , i really wonder what is happening inside of their hamster minds because it makes no sense at all.....that being said , lets start sharing the rest of the entries , just what cool and unique costume they decided to dump ^^

Do you even know how hard some of the artists worked on these entries? No matter how much you work on something, it's ALWAYS bound to look like something, inspired, casually or not. The fact that you have to go and straight out point out what you don't like could be legitimately harmful for the artist, so no sense arguing with someone that does not think of the harm they do. 

Aside from that, it is much better to have entries that were done from scratch rather than the 2 plagiarism ones we had, if you want something better, design it YOURSELF and get classified YOURSELF. I'd rather have this year's finalists, too, as none of the ones I know will be buying votes like last year. Again, if you want things to be better on your picky eyes, work on it yourself and don't trash on other people's hard work.

I sense a lot of salt from OP. You probably dont know the difference between taking from inspiration and straight up ripping off, or probably haven't drawn at all. The quality of this year's finalists, I would say, is a big step up from last years and kudos to NCWest for taking the time to pick worthy winners. Compare this, to the fiasco surrounding the grand winner and one of the finalists in 2017. My entries didn't make it in for last year and this year either but I am very happy for my friends who did.

Artists like myself tend to spend a lot of time and effort to come up with a good piece. When in doubt, we will look for references to assist our drawing journey. There is no shame in doing so for you can't draw what you don't know. 

What is shameful is behavior coming from people like you, zero, that dont understand the struggles an artist go through. If you don't like something, turn away and move on instead of bashing the artists like this.

just so you two know, i dd participate this event and before AND DO EVERYTHING FROM 0 ,  stop judging if you dont know me AT ALL , it bothers me when i see this kind of ..art.... when they use parts or they have a seriously close to another , same is like last year they had another  Case of copyright , now save your excuses on this , DONT ever try say something against someone you guys dont know , shame that attitude

So what, you're upset because your entry didn't make it, so you have to take it out on other people's entries? Learn to be a fair player and don't put people's work down, I'd like to see your entry so I can also point out what looks like what from different games and costumes, if you'd like. 

Not everything is a purposeful copy and you as an artist should know this, so if you do everything from 0 and are a legit artist, AT LEAST have some respect, rather than being a petty, salty brat.

3 minutes ago, zerooo said:

just so you two know, i dd participate this event and before AND DO EVERYTHING FROM 0 ,  stop judging if you dont know me AT ALL , it bothers me when i see this kind of ..art.... when they use parts or they have a seriously close to another , same is like last year they had another  Case of copyright , now save your excuses on this , DONT ever try say something against someone you guys dont know , shame that attitude

If you really wanna go into detail, the case of Shirogahara was a different matter altogether with extremely close to, or at, 100% duplicates of adornments and clothing style in his entry and that was what led to the mass suspicion in the first place.

Coming to Cubur's entry, i fail to see how its "seriously close" to the reference image you posted. They share the same color scheme. Sure. But his adornment style is totally different. Both male and female aesthetics are also far enough away from the ref. The Cloak design is also different.

Just now, SGYu said:

Coming to Cubur's entry, i fail to see how its "seriously close" to the reference image you posted. They share the same color scheme. Sure. But his adornment style is totally different. Both male and female aesthetics are also far enough away from the ref. The Cloak design is also different.

To add to this, same color palette =/= plagiarism nor similarities, color palettes are limited as they are, every contest outfit could look like an existing outfit if you change the color, this is no different, let people breathe and keep nasty opinions to yourself, OP.

21 minutes ago, Kindynos said:

So what, you're upset because your entry didn't make it, so you have to take it out on other people's entries? Learn to be a fair player and don't put people's work down, I'd like to see your entry so I can also point out what looks like what from different games and costumes, if you'd like. 

Not everything is a purposeful copy and you as an artist should know this, so if you do everything from 0 and are a legit artist, AT LEAST have some respect, rather than being a petty, salty brat.

oohhh i do have respect for artist and their tasks and all that comes from their pure intellect , hence is my rant here .... here i though for example the first design is wonderful...but i came into more detail when , suddendly AION armor pop up , because i have played aion also , im not upset......is disturbing that you cant see the same thing as me or like other ppl on discord. i just decided to make the post

9 minutes ago, Kindynos said:

To add to this, same color palette =/= plagiarism nor similarities, color palettes are limited as they are, every contest outfit could look like an existing outfit if you change the color, this is no different, let people breathe and keep nasty opinions to yourself, OP.

my opinions my own you are absolutely nobody to tell me to keep them for myself , sounds like an frigging antifa , you are entitled to your own opinion and theres nothing i can do , just respect it and maybe replying

geez i think i hit a nerver with you guys , is the creator the most popular guy on bns or what?

Do YOU have ANY intellect at all, though? Show us what you see, ~enlighten~ us with your knowledge to be aware that your opinions are just plain out badly phrased and disrespectful, you can have them ,yes, but the fact that you feel it's proper to BASH someone else's entry is ridiculous. Come on, show your entry so I can nitpick the color palette and compare it to the most ridiculous of things with no proper base at all. 

Again, as an artist YOU SHOULD KNOW that being 100% original is difficult, every entry has something to be compared with, EVERY entry, and a lot have different inspirations too. Yes, you struck a nerve, because the entries there has days of effort put into them, if you're angry that yours didn't make it, or that some of your favorites didn't make it, that's your bad, if you don't like an entry DON'T VOTE FOR IT, It's as simple as that.

20 minutes ago, zerooo said:

oohhh i do have respect for artist and their tasks and all that comes from their pure intellect , hence is my rant here .... here i though for example the first design is wonderful...but i came into more detail when , suddendly AION armor pop up , because i have played aion also , im not upset......is disturbing that you cant see the same thing as me or like other ppl on discord. i just decided to make the post

my opinions my own you are absolutely nobody to tell me to keep them for myself , sounds like an frigging antifa , you are entitled to your own opinion and theres nothing i can do , just respect it and maybe replying

geez i think i hit a nerver with you guys , is the creator the most popular guy on bns or what?

Whatever your opinion is callking out people or insulting them is not what the forum is about.  you are free to dislike a design, and if you do it will be a community voite so you can vote "NO" on it and be done with it.

No one here needs your life story. dislike it, vote no move on. Done deal and keep your toxicity to yourself.

ohh lol i really hit a nerve ....that design looks suspicious thats all i say look at the voting count ...

2 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Whatever your opinion is callking out people or insulting them is not what the forum is about.  you are free to dislike a design, and if you do it will be a community voite so you can vote "NO" on it and be done with it.

No one here needs your life story. dislike it, vote no move on. Done deal and keep your toxicity to yourself.

who are you again?....

Nobody is judging you, zero. This was never about popularity of artists. We were simply explaining our rationale as to why your reaction was uncalled for. Sure. you are free to express your opinions. But, not only did you fail to justify/elaborate on your rationale behind disliking the costumes ("making no sense at all", "seeing the same thing", "like other people on discord) but your responses just got all the more disrespectful instead.

8 minutes ago, zerooo said:

ohh lol i really hit a nerve ....that design looks suspicious thats all i say look at the voting count ...

who are you again?....

Oh, so its now about the vote count is it? Is that your real reason behind starting the thread? You are changing stances faster than any class in the game here.

Suspicious!? You're talking without any base at all! put your pointers, show that's offshow people what you see if you want to be believed.

The fact that you talk so high and mighty, asking who they are or whatever when nobody knows you either.   

There's plagiarism? Show it, like shirogahara's entry, people pointed out, had references, had a base for the accusations, you just posted a picture with a similar color palette and called it a day, plus continued bashing on other entries, do everybody a favor and learn to be a respectful human being.

22 minutes ago, Kindynos said:

Do YOU have ANY intellect at all, though? Show us what you see, ~enlighten~ us with your knowledge to be aware that your opinions are just plain out badly phrased and disrespectful, you can have them ,yes, but the fact that you feel it's proper to BASH someone else's entry is ridiculous. Come on, show your entry so I can nitpick the color palette and compare it to the most ridiculous of things with no proper base at all. 

Again, as an artist YOU SHOULD KNOW that being 100% original is difficult, every entry has something to be compared with, EVERY entry, and a lot have different inspirations too. Yes, you struck a nerve, because the entries there has days of effort put into them, if you're angry that yours didn't make it, or that some of your favorites didn't make it, that's your bad, if you don't like an entry DON'T VOTE FOR IT, It's as simple as that.

for you , i know it is hard to make something original , that doesnt look similar in some way to another piece stranded on internet , but look you cant deny it looks more than usual the coat for example has the same gold details and so on , the colors are there ! if that is to win , then let it win , but for some looks totally a ripoff , im not saying it completely the same , cuz is not , but some think it is

2 minutes ago, SGYu said:

Nobody is judging you, zero. This was never about popularity of artists. We were simply explaining our rationale as to why your reaction was uncalled for. Sure. you are free to express your opinions. But, N=not only did you fail to justify/elaborate on your rationale behind disliking the costumes ("making no sense at all", "seeing the same thing", "like other people on discord) but your responses just got all the more disrespectful instead.

Oh, so its now about the vote count is it? Is that your real reason behind starting the thread?

a guy says is botted...not sure what it means tho , seems for him is way to high for the mobility of the forums

Just now, zerooo said:

for you , i know it is hard to make something original , that doesnt look similar in some way to another piece stranded on internet , but look you cant deny it looks more than usual the coat for example has the same gold details and so on , the colors are there ! if that is to win , then let it win , but for some looks totally a ripoff , im not saying it completely the same , cuz is not , but some think it is

And you keep avoiding my question, why don't you show your entry? Is it because you know you have things similar to others? Oh wow someone did a short dress with black white gold and an adornment. From my experience, people put adornments on the left due to heart position, not because "OH MY GOD! IT'S A COPY", so many adornments have been placed on the left.

Not sure if you're blind or not, but it's not "the same gold details", they were thought out differently, and as someone that knows how all of the variations went, saw 90% of the work in progress of it, I can attest that you're speaking with no base at all.

3 minutes ago, Kindynos said:

Suspicious!? You're talking without any base at all! put your pointers, show that's offshow people what you see if you want to be believed.

The fact that you talk so high and mighty, asking who they are or whatever when nobody knows you either.   

There's plagiarism? Show it, like shirogahara's entry, people pointed out, had references, had a base for the accusations, you just posted a picture with a similar color palette and called it a day, plus continued bashing on other entries, do everybody a favor and learn to be a respectful human being.

wrong , never said plagiarism , just said it looks suspicious  thats all dont put words on my mouth i havent said ,

Just now, zerooo said:

wrong , never said plagiarism , just said it looks suspicious  thats all dont put words on my mouth i havent said ,

You keep saying it's "the same thing" or "the same details" I'm not saying you said that, I'm just saying that if there's anything of the-like point it out, if there's anything suspicious, point it out, the traffic on the forums ALWAYS goes up when it's time to vote for contests, as people plus their friends are all expecting to see what comes up, the hundreds of entries plus people that know them. 

Aside from that, you started comparing both entries with different things and saying they "look like" or that the "quality is bad" or whatever, and randomly swapped to the topic of "bots" and "the flux of the forum" or whatever, randomly changing to the subject of voting, you gotta learn to argue and have some sort of rational thought to what you type, before you set it down.

1 minute ago, Kindynos said:

And you keep avoiding my question, why don't you show your entry? Is it because you know you have things similar to others? Oh wow someone did a short dress with black white gold and an adornment. From my experience, people put adornments on the left due to heart position, not because "OH MY GOD! IT'S A COPY", so many adornments have been placed on the left.

Not sure if you're blind or not, but it's not "the same gold details", they were thought out differently, and as someone that knows how all of the variations went, saw 90% of the work in progress of it, I can attest that you're speaking with no base at all.

so you can destroy my work? no thanks

ohh so you know the person who made it?interesting..... im not denying skills , he/she have some serious skills , not bs,  i just said it is close to the art from aion (gotta add the armor doesnt look like that on the game)

2 minutes ago, Kindynos said:

You keep saying it's "the same thing" or "the same details" I'm not saying you said that, I'm just saying that if there's anything of the-like point it out, if there's anything suspicious, point it out, the traffic on the forums ALWAYS goes up when it's time to vote for contests, as people plus their friends are all expecting to see what comes up, the hundreds of entries plus people that know them. 

Aside from that, you started comparing both entries with different things and saying they "look like" or that the "quality is bad" or whatever, and randomly swapped to the topic of "bots" and "the flux of the forum" or whatever, randomly changing to the subject of voting, you gotta learn to argue and have some sort of rational thought to what you type, before you set it down.

im not gonna argue over something like this...is not that important , why should i? im just pointing some things thats it , you ppl escalated this way too quickly and much more than it should be

Just now, zerooo said:

ohh so you know the person who made it?interesting..... im not denying skills , he/she have some serious skills , not bs,  i just said it is close to the art from aion (gotta add the armor doesnt look like that on the game)

When did Kindy specify in his reply that he knew Cubur in person? He is asking you to zoom in up close and observe the differences between the two concepts.

Just now, zerooo said:

Oh! So you can do that but others can't do it? What a hypocritical little bug do we have here!

Look, I don't know the designer of the red outfit, I know the one of the second, the first design is amazing in its own ways but I don't like it myself, you know what I did about that? I didn't vote for it and moved on with my life, rather than deciding to nitpick and trash their work. You keep trying to diminish your impact by saying "Oh it's close", "Oh it's my opinion", after you literally said

2 hours ago, zerooo said:

so this year is worst than last year's contests...... from all your options , maybe 3 are good......but for god sake....... some of them hideous like the panda one....it has literally 0 creativity looks like he went to nearest store and look for kids clothing... you guys need to triple the sources two of those are suspicious

i would get if this was selected randomly by a bot....but no....they "pick" the best , i really wonder what is happening inside of their hamster minds because it makes no sense at all.....that being said , lets start sharing the rest of the entries , just what cool and unique costume they decided to dump ^^

"Two of those are suspicious" And then you are just like "oh it's just close and doesn't look like that on the game" MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND. 

3 minutes ago, zerooo said:

im not gonna argue over something like this...is not that important , why should i? im just pointing some things thats it , you ppl escalated this way too quickly and much more than it should be

You're pointing out things without any rational thought behind them, "we escalated it" because you're making false accusations, comparing people's work to unrelated things PLUS trashing on their work and disguising it as "an opinion" crawl back to the rock you came from, Patrick, and let people with coherent thoughts post. 

Archived