Forums

Help with prestige points.

I1sL0l1

Could anyone please tell me how do I get prestige points? I have seen that all faction npc's have(at least I think it is) a prestige points right next to their name. I am lvl 55 HM9 and I have farmed alot of faction npcs and  my rank is Private first class. Do I need a higher rank or something or are there some kind of events were you can earn prestige points?

4 hours ago, I1sL0l1 said:

Could anyone please tell me how do I get prestige points? I have seen that all faction npc's have(at least I think it is) a prestige points right next to their name. I am lvl 55 HM9 and I have farmed alot of faction npcs and  my rank is Private first class. Do I need a higher rank or something or are there some kind of events were you can earn prestige points?

How many have you killed that have faction points beside their name?

Usually you get them from killing some  PC or NPC that has faction points.

19 minutes ago, MsXWhiteRose said:

Maybe glitch? I'm having this problem as well. No matter how many or where I kill the NPC with prestige points, I'm never getting any points myself. Its very annoying.

Where at?  if you are too high level only SSP will give you points

It might even be if you got points once there, then need to goto next faction BG (or SSP)...

2 hours ago, Astarae said:

Where at?  if you are too high level only SSP will give you points

It might even be if you got points once there, then need to goto next faction BG (or SSP)...

at the time i was 55 hm 11 i think and it was at misty woods so i guess im to high level then.....but ssp is hard tried it once and thought nope XD im hm 13 now with 1100 ap so maybe ill give it another shot.....ty for the info tho :P

yeah...you need to partly get geared for pvp if you can.  Still, it's not that hard if you just wanna farm.  Some people go psycho, but many will leave you alone to farm points...that's where I got tons of points...and faction insigs (over 1900 of those now).

Note, you do top out at 1st lieutenant... 

But yeah, at hm10, I got wiped hard, if I tried to go after someone.  Rule of thumb for me -- if I am 3 lvls or more above them, I might have a chance .... and first tries at surviving got me lots of grief from pve players for mixing the two... (blasphemy! heretic ! ...etc)

try to go for dragon pistol when you get to raven.  (go for both...dragon on back burner)...and try to get a 2nd SS with pvp in it...

But all I did for a few months was go after rocks...(~3pts each)...even now, I try to stick with NPC's...

The amount of prestige point you get based on your level vs the NPC that you kill.

Basically, if you are 10+ level ahead of them, you get literally 0 point from killing them.

So as an HM9, I think you should either try Misty Wood or gear up and go to SSP.

Within these level ranges you get prestige points from these faction locations.

Viridian Coast lv10

Cinderlands Lv20

Cinderlands Desert Lv25

Cinderlands RR Lv30

Moonwater Beach Outpost Lv35

Moonwater Misty Woods Lv45

Soulstone Plains Lv50 (scaled to 55)

Archived