Suggestions - Make raid looting system automatic like dungeons.

Dante666

Title says it. Make the the party settings of raid in such a way that automatic bidding also works for multiple party. 

Why: It removes dependency on master looter settings and the raid leader. In a older raid people won't have to get headeche on distributing loot. In a newer raids, if you are joining random party you will have lesser chances to get scammed while raid leader take the loot and don't share.

I recently got scammed and after reporting with screenshot. This is the reply I got from ncsoft.unknown.png

You can't share tickets here, I suggest you remove the screenshoot or blur out the names.

I am not saying this to be a douche just pointing it out so you don't get into trouble.

Now onto the topic.

Now that you repored that play is a good thing, but you should watch out next time, also what about the other 10 members of the alliance? where they with him/her or they were the witness or did they also were victims?

You could mention them as witness/victims if they were that way you could have more voice over your decision about how unfair the master loot system can be if given to wrong hands.

Sounds like a good idea, thought about it for a bit and I don't see the repercussions. People who use DKP can still copper bid.

After thinking a bit.... Potential issues can still arrive, by abusive people, small chance but I've thought of some scenarios. If someone in a DKP group really wants an item, they can end up gold bidding and getting the item. Though the leader could simply kick this person and restart the bid.

A leader after seeing a big bid could also randomly kick people so he gets the most gold. So scammers can still be scammers, unless there's a kick lockout during a bid. Even then they can start kicking people as a boss is about to die.

If there's a setting where everyone votes before a kick, this can dramatically stop abuse. I really doubt in pug runs people will randomly gang up on strangers.

Better yet there can be a voting system where if everyone agrees, the raid can start as a "no-kick" raid.

join a clan that does raids so you won't get scammed lmao.  there are 5 problems with having a dungeon loot style for raids: 

1. people can upbid on items they don't need, and people will still get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed over bc now theyre paying more for an item they need

2. copper wars are annoying, no one wants to wait even LONGER having to sit through that bs 

3. people who don't hit pass and make EVERYONE wait 

4. crashers wouldn't get gold split, that wouldn't be fair and they can cry to forums abt being 'scammed' 

5. anyone can make a high bid and then go through the portal so they wont have to pay, restarting the loot table once more 

most people in f8 won't even stick around for dungeon loot bc it's a waste of time if it's not a higher end dungeon. why would anyone wanna have to extend a 30-45 min raid to like 1-2 hrs bc of waiting for bids and splits? 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:48 PM, Dante666 said:

master looter settings and the raid leader

what is the master loot setting? I think i seen this on a tab bar, do all boss drops automatically go to the party leader if someone picks up the chest? and how can you even share? trading doesnt work in F8 dungeons.

On 8/7/2018 at 10:15 AM, chocofernia said:

1. people can upbid on items they don't need, and people will still get ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed over bc now theyre paying more for an item they need

2. copper wars are annoying, no one wants to wait even LONGER having to sit through that bs 

3. people who don't hit pass and make EVERYONE wait 

4. crashers wouldn't get gold split, that wouldn't be fair and they can cry to forums abt being 'scammed' 

5. anyone can make a high bid and then go through the portal so they wont have to pay, restarting the loot table once more 

most people in f8 won't even stick around for dungeon loot bc it's a waste of time if it's not a higher end dungeon. why would anyone wanna have to extend a 30-45 min raid to like 1-2 hrs bc of waiting for bids and splits? 

1. Unlike F8 dungeons, raid leader can actually kick people. If someone decides to be an ass (upbid on items they don't need, even for awk.accessories), they can be prompted for a kick and say bye-bye to the raid content that week. When doing so, the item will be listed as the last.

2. Like the above. If they decide to do copper war and refuse to listen, then kick.

3. Actually, 20s is not that many. In a raid, it is not strange that you raid boss within 10m, but spend next 20m to bid or agrue about loot. In normal bid, you may wait more than 20s seeing people up bid. 20s sometimes actually rush people to upbid and finish the bid faster instead.

4. You are running a car to your job. Suddenly, your car refuses to move and you're late for your job. So you blame your car for being broken, or blame the job that has a schedule that does not count that your car may stop working?

5. If they troll like that, they can be kicked, Simple.

So yeah, master loot and roll have their own advantages/weakness. Use master loot or roll still depends on the raid leader though. It is still better than Free-for-all that is set default, and if the raid leader forget to change to Master loot beforehand, then it is possible for the first one nearest to the loot become Ninja looter.

Archived