Is the game dying?

Chad1123

9 minutes ago, Junamaki said:

Why start discussions like this and then when someone doesn't agree with your opinion you say they're defending NCsoft or white knighting. No one here is saying NC is perfect and that they make good decisions, I agree with half if not all of the points you mentioned about them.

I just don't agree with the part about the game dying because I always see full channels in a lot of areas on my server, I never had a problem finding groups for dungeons, faction chat is always active, and I've visited the starter zones a few times and see a couple new players running around during the day.

Obviously your experience is different from mine or otherwise you wouldn't have made the topic but just because some don't agree doesn't automatically mean we're defending NC. 

Maybe i was a littel upset abut that simple answare "the game is not dying." and about defending NCSoft was not a simply affermation about this unsatisfactory answers from that users but a general tought about people arguing in other topics like one i was reading was "Do you want to remove all the F2P?" where people defending NCSOFT for last patches when they nerfed the gold. I totally said that the game is clearly years ayway from dying but the game now is closed to the same playerbase, if new players don't come is pretty simple to deduce that in a near future even that playerbase will leave and the game will slowly die. New players need to face bad game optimization, bad servers, maintence delays and not have the posibility to have a decent gear withot sell a kidney, and u guys come to me to say that the game is not dying, dying is a long term problem that will not seem obvious right now but going like this u will clearly see the changes coming.

33 minutes ago, Chad1123 said:

Getting through aransu 6 is a pretty laborius work and require a high ammount of gold and materials, so i can deduce that those players are playing for more than 1.5/2 year. Times ago was not that hard beeing an free to play, the exchange rate were higher so trove keys and boxes was really cheap to buy through gold. By free to play I'm referring to those players that are new and haven't spent money yet and don't want to, they have no possibillity of getting at least a smooth start and the game itself is not worh playing for lag and fps issues so nowadays no one will consider giving a chance at this game. I really don't understand why u keep deny the presence of problems in this game, maybe u made this persona "HateMe" and want to disagree with anyone, i don't know but denying the fact there are no problems means that the company will not cosinder our opinions and bad desicions are made. If the company don't care about the game and even the players don't care then who is supposed to care? Giving that exaples and justify the game by telling is a korean mmo will not help neither the players neither the company, at least try to use youre brain and make ideas about improving the game istead of justify everything and not taking a side. Even if you suggest bad ideas who cares at least u try to improve this game that we all here i guess we love and play.

you have no idea what you are actually talking about.....

compared to 1-1,5 years ago now its sooo much easier to get materials and to upgrade than it was before. The price ration from gold to ncoin was much much higher so buying gold was very expensive. Lag and FPS issues are something else. not to mewntion 90% of lag issues is your own ISP, as for fps, its a big part of what CPU oyu have and most people have bad ones so its only naturally they will esperience fps loss.

I am not saying the games has no problems because its far from the truth, what i am saying is people overdramatize things so much that its beginning to be pathetic.

I actually have one friend who started playing i believe it was what....4-6 months ago and he is not at aransu 5 with maxed accessories and Hongmoon heart. He just needs to upgrade his soul more and he has not spent a dime on the game asside the monthly premium fee. You can easily upgrade and catch up, as you can farm everything you need in-game, it will just be a bit more time consuming. And if you do that the only gold you will need is for the upgrade costs as you will have everything else from farming.

for anyone who is defending  ncsoft , start a new account as f2p and show  us how far u would go  , here i fixed for you guys    no need to argue , if u dont wanna spend real money forget about playing the game , no way to catch  even if u play 10 hours a day u wont catch up , one way to catch up which is >>> $$$$$$ .

and please people stop lying to yourself this is everything but not f2p game .

21 minutes ago, HateMe said:

compared to 1-1,5 years ago now its sooo much easier to get materials and to upgrade than it was before. The price ration from gold to ncoin was much much higher so buying gold was very expensive. Lag and FPS issues are something else. not to mewntion 90% of lag issues is your own ISP, as for fps, its a big part of what CPU oyu have and most people have bad ones so its only naturally they will esperience fps loss.

I am not saying the games has no problems because its far from the truth, what i am saying is people overdramatize things so much that its beginning to be pathetic.

I actually have one friend who started playing i believe it was what....4-6 months ago and he is not at aransu 5 with maxed accessories and Hongmoon heart. He just needs to upgrade his soul more and he has not spent a dime on the game asside the monthly premium fee. You can easily upgrade and catch up, as you can farm everything you need in-game, it will just be a bit more time consuming. And if you do that the only gold you will need is for the upgrade costs as you will have everything else from farming.

u are actually very much lying when u mention this friend of yours ,  i have been playing for 7 months and i spent  around 500$ and  maybe more to have the gear your friend have .... 

so stop bullshitting me   the only difference maybe is that i have true cosmic soul which wont cost 500$ , and yeah i do play on 6 characters +  6-7 hours a day . f2p players are right about their complain and us veterans  who support ncsoft needs to stop to lie to them and say the game is f2p and u can catch up , cause they can't simple as that ...

by the way u triggered me when u lied about your friend , don't do that and say always the truth  , no need to defend ncsoft at all 

Edited by Manowarr
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, HateMe said:

I want to apologize if i have hurt you in any way maybe sometimes i don't fully express my self in the right way but all i wanted to say is getting harder appeling to new players and is getting closed to the same playerbase. Going like this in my opinion is not either healthy for the players either for NCSOFT, hoping that they will realise it soon and will take actions. In my personal experience this game gave me more disappoints, maybe newest patch they make some changes that i like but we have to admit that this game is not so perfect. I have a high-mid gear PC and i spent quite a lot and we have to say that is really bad optimazied even with a nice processor you won't have a satble fps. About the accusation i made on defending NCSOFT i edited that in the main topic now you can see and it wasn't personally but in general. I guess i will take a long pause of the game from now on waitng for a new patch maybe it will be batter. By the way me too i get aransu 3 without spending money besides my premium subscrition but is how u said ,time cosuming i have no possiblity to farm more even if i want to and i'm miles way from even having the least requirments for TT.

Edited by Chad1123

4 minutes ago, Manowarr said:

so stop bullshitting me   the only difference maybe is that i have true cosmic soul which wont cost 500$ , and yeah i do play on 6 characters +  6-7 hours a day . f2p players are right about their complain and us veterans  who support ncsoft needs to stop to lie to them and say the game is f2p and u can catch up , cause they can't simple as that ...

by the way u triggered me when u lied about your friend , don't do that and say always the truth  , no need to defend ncsoft at all 

TY Manowarr is nice to see at least someone wants to take actions.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, HateMe a dit :

This is a korean MMO, if grind is not for you then this game obviosuly isnt either. I do not know about your kids but over here kids actually go away in the summer to camps and other activities they almost never play video games in the summer . Arena is dead because there is nothing worth there to get, BG is far from dead, people queue like crazy when there is frenzy going on. And about the "waiting for new patch" first read my above reply again and when you actually understand what you read then we can tackle this topic further.

BnS is all about ffarming, always was and walways will be. If you expet something else then you are really jsut wasting your time here, the essence of this game is grind like all other korean mmo's.

what are you talking about  BG far from dead? oh pls, we all login, we all can press F11 to verify your argument....and every season there less people ranked you can explain it with any kind of fairy tailes but we all know that the sign of a game with less population.... the thuth is those devs aren't stupid the reason having this outrageous "grind lvl" is to make content available for pay2progress people only and in the process put people stuck in 90's with their "farmers" slogan in a farming loop...but when they lower achievement to 10run to get your hellion accesories that clearly not because they noticed someone "spaming everywhere on forum grind is cool, korean game is all about grinding , grind or leave" and soon enough since unfortunately for you, people acutally play games for fun and game slowly dying cause too much farm, they'll do something , and next step is an upgrade nerf and ms rework....mark my words. And this is the main reason of those thread to push devs to the right direction...

• Like 1

Last time I played Blade & Soul was a year ago, I came back again those days.. a week ago. And I already feel I wanna quit again. I just couldn't upgrade, too hard for me. I never bought Ncoin though but hey, last year the game was fun more. What I mean by this, the game is less fun now and not enjoyable like old days. New patches, Nerfs, and changes everywhere made it less fun and more confusing for me, although I was a retired player, what about the new players? I guess they will be more confused? Idk. This is my personal opinion. I never meant to hate. Always peace.

Smile & Stay Golden.

P.S: I've always wanted them to fix the laggs and ms since day one, but I think its impossible for them, so I won't talk about this part since nothing changed about that part and I don't see it a big deal since there are other classes that are playable with high ms... but I wish if they can fix it, so I can just play with my favorite classes such as KFM and Sin, and y'know... you rarely see KFM classes in MMO games such as BnS but anyways, good luck to Y'all and have fun!:wink:

Edited by Reyzen
  • Like 1

Different games, have different needs in terms of player volume, due to how much of the content in the game requires either six, or twelve players to do it, B&S certainly needs more active players than most games, especially given the general shift in online games to be more solo friendly over the past fifteen, or so years. Combine that with how difficult it currently is to get a new player, especially a new non-whale player up to where NCSoft, and most especially the bulk of the player base wants players to be, and the game certainly isn't doing too well now, as saying it is bleeding players is quite accurate. Although the game can only bleed out players so much, before it finally does just up, and die, as the less players the game has that can participate in the intended content of the game, the less playable the game will be, and there certainly is a breaking point for all that.

I imagine things will improve after Act IX is released, all the indicators seem to show that the Baleful/Seraph weapon line is about to get phased out, like older weapon lines before it, as with the reward nerfs to all the associated content to that weapon line, the recent upgrade event, and so forth, it just seems the likely result. Right now a new player fresh out of the story content likely would have something like a stage two, or three Baleful/Seraph weapon, and maybe not even 900 AP, while for anything NCSoft wants us to be doing, people tend to demand you have at least a Raven weapon, and 1100 AP. I'd rather expect that in Act IX we'll be handed, or pretty much handed a current tier two weapon, the older legendary accessories, a better soul, a better pet, and some better gems, or at least be given a healthy collection of peaches, so one can buy some of such things, plus maybe a Raven soul shield set, which will then have a new player sitting at over 1000 AP, and be in a far better state than a new player is now. That's been the basic cycle for this game, it just looks especially bad now as we're at the tail end of the cycle. Although keep in mind that I think this way of doing things isn't a good idea, and I'm pretty fed up with the game as it stands as a result of all this, it eats up far more time than I feel like spending, I'm sick of the retched player base, and basically every time I log on, I wonder to myself, why I even bothered to do so. At this point I think I'll finish up the current pet event, then may not bother to log in till Act IX, and go back to playing very casually after that, or just uninstall.

Add:

Also being Korean, or not has nothing to do with an online game being grindy. The whole "Korean grinder" term likely got coined with the first Lineage, back before the shift to free to play. These days though grind your life away, or pay up is getting to be the basic norm for free to play online games, regardless of their country of origin, some are just worse than others.

Edited by Why Bother
  • Like 1

I think the post title is a little misleading. From reading the replies in this thread, it doesn't seem to be about whether or not the game is dying but more so how the decisions that ncsoft makes affects the longevity of bns... That's probably why you're receiving replies like the game isn't dying because people usually respond to the post title without reading the content.

2 minutes ago, Laosduude said:

People only think its dying because its easy to fall behind in gear, quit, and sometimes complain, which bring another issue to the games progression itself omegalul

lol many  players already in the Korean version of BnS achieved the 2k AP while it's so hard for us to achieve the 1k, I'm jealous ;( and not hating

This game is so P2W. Even when you spend money on this game, it doesn't feel good. Most of the items you receive from p2w boxes are not worth it. You must spend A LOT of money to get some nice stuff unless you're really lucky. They should change battleground to WHALEground. Tag match is dead. This game is not dead... yet. 

8 minutes ago, SalemK said:

I think the post title is a little misleading. From reading the replies in this thread, it doesn't seem to be about whether or not the game is dying but more so how the decisions that ncsoft makes affects the longevity of bns... That's probably why you're receiving replies like the game isn't dying because people usually respond to the post title without reading the content.

Is not that misleading because this decisions really affect the game population which implies a game to bleed(die) but i edited times ago the main topic in order to give an explanation to new users. After trying to explain the real reason behind that word "dying" some people diden't quite catch that so was better to say it in the first place( section: Edited later). ty anyway for the reply.

5 hours ago, ombremq said:

what are you talking about  BG far from dead? oh pls, we all login, we all can press F11 to verify your argument....and every season there less people ranked you can explain it with any kind of fairy tailes but we all know that the sign of a game with less population.... the thuth is those devs aren't stupid the reason having this outrageous "grind lvl" is to make content available for pay2progress people only and in the process put people stuck in 90's with their "farmers" slogan in a farming loop...but when they lower achievement to 10run to get your hellion accesories that clearly not because they noticed someone "spaming everywhere on forum grind is cool, korean game is all about grinding , grind or leave" and soon enough since unfortunately for you, people acutally play games for fun and game slowly dying cause too much farm, they'll do something , and next step is an upgrade nerf and ms rework....mark my words. And this is the main reason of those thread to push devs to the right direction...

IDk what server you p0aly oiin but when i press F11 i see 20 pages of ranked players....per each BG...asside from that, Name me 3 games, 3 MMO RPG games which are also based on the east where there is no grind and then we can talk.  Truth be told you only need maxed gear for the new raid. Everything else is clearable without it. Si if you want to upgrade now...you have to grind no way around it, or you can wait, because with time there will be a discount, thats how it always is. The way i see it people are spoiled and want most things for free without working for it.  A game is as much fun as YOU make it to be, if you dont have friends to play with, a clan, people to play with you, you will never have fun in a game like this.  BnS never had and never will have an actual end game and grind is what this game is based on, grind and pvp. The sooner you accept it the easier it will be for you.

It's not dead, but it's obviously dying as there's no influx of new players while a bunch of people are leaving. The marketing is non existent in North America, 6v6 queue takes from 15 minutes to an hour on a normal day, average AP players aren't willing to play with other average AP players because of the misconceptions caused by inflated AP requirements set forth by higher AP players. Daily/weekly gold income is laughable and has been nerfed to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, crafting isn't really a good source of income anymore, content is being released too quickly compared to the upgrade costs it carries with it.

BnS started becoming irrelevant after Naryu Sanctum.

Edited by Drayken
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 7:11 PM, HateMe said:

This game is far from dead. Plus it summer, people take vacation, plus some are waiting for a new patch , but no point asking if the game is dying because its not. Wasnt dying 2 years ago, isnt dying now.,

An animated cadaver would be a much more appropriate description :D

Il y a 10 heures, HateMe a dit :

IDk what server you p0aly oiin but when i press F11 i see 20 pages of ranked players....per each BG...asside from that, Name me 3 games, 3 MMO RPG games which are also based on the east where there is no grind and then we can talk.  Truth be told you only need maxed gear for the new raid. Everything else is clearable without it. Si if you want to upgrade now...you have to grind no way around it, or you can wait, because with time there will be a discount, thats how it always is. The way i see it people are spoiled and want most things for free without working for it.  A game is as much fun as YOU make it to be, if you dont have friends to play with, a clan, people to play with you, you will never have fun in a game like this.  BnS never had and never will have an actual end game and grind is what this game is based on, grind and pvp. The sooner you accept it the easier it will be for you.

To have an accurate numbers people playing BG you have to look the "class rank" when you see that every season there ~50 less ranked players each class that mean less people playing BG, are you new to the game or just bad at math? i have to name 3MMORPG where there no grind? who  ever came here to complain "we want a mmo with no grind and  want free items? i mean seriously what are you talking about?

We are pointing the fact that now There too much grind in this game "too much".... a game with people that "burnout" i have never seen that, and if you want to go further in that debate , if the game was properly optimized if we were playing with at least 60+FPS no micro freeze no lagg no dc and a decent ping, i am sure people wouldnt notice that grindfest

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KzE said:

Majority of mmorpg players are adults with limited free time and they are solo players. How this game support them to stay? Grind is not the problem, the WAY how you need to grind is.

Don't mean to single anyone out, but this....ok how I can say it gently

MMO's were never made for solo players, parents, full time job holders. They were never made for you. They were never made to keep a busy persons 5 minutes of free time.

Maybe when you first started playing them as a student that was fine. But once you got too busy with life, you got too busy with life.

The genre's job is not to change itself to mold around people who grew up. That's not what's supposed to happen. and I know it sucks, but that is just the honest truth.

MMO's have always been something where either you're a kid with too much free time or maybe you're an adult, but you play anyway despite what it is because you enjoy having your guild and gathering people up to do content. That is the reality.

MMO's arent supposed to remove all hard content and just make everything buy-able so no one ever has to play with each other/farm anything.
That my friends, would be a single person game, which you can find everywhere for consoles or from Steam.
I think a lot of you are confused about genres and perhaps would be better suited to a different type. Again, no offense.
But it's like wanting an orange to taste like a banana. It's not going to happen. and if it did, then that would remove the source of orange juice.

You see what I'm saying?
Ok, moving right along then

Is the game dead right now? No.
Is it dying right now? Depends on perspective.
Could it die in the future? Will you die in the future?!? Everything is made to die so yes at some point it will die, just like you and me
Are there problems? Yes. Just like there are problems in all games in all genres and in everyones life ever.

Ok so we know there are problems. Now what?
Continue suggesting changes you would like to see to better improve yours and others gaming experience. When you make suggestion threads, try to all stay in them and not spread out making 50 different suggestion threads where none gain any traction because someone just writes up another one instead of putting their post in your post.

Alright goodluck, I'm supporting all of you.

Edited by Showta

56 minutes ago, Showta said:

Don't mean to single anyone out, but this....ok how I can say it gently

I will tell you gently... u missed the point.

Lets say, there are 3 grindy games (Warframe, BDO and Ragnarok Online) + BnS. You are already out of tutorials, so you know what to do and you have 1 hour in each game.

Warframe : you log in, you check what you need to farm and you start farming it. If there are no other players, you still can do it solo for lesser rewards, but usually you get team in seconds. After an hour, you get some stuff, you are closer to your goal, you did not wasted any time.

BDO : same as Warframe, if there are no farming parties, you do your job solo, after a hour you are closer again

RO : same, as previous stuff

BnS : you push F8, but LFP is an unfinished feature and other ppl dont want you even for easy stuff, because you are new. No problem, i try to find other new ppl... but where they are? You sit in lobby for half hour, nothing is done. Time to do some CB then, because in SSP you wont get anything and Mushin tower rewards got nerfed. You get some abysmal rewards because bonus peaches are for premiums and clan members, so if you have luck, you will have some boxes/pouches at the end. You are closer again, but was it fun? Not really.

tl,dr : in BnS you need to have 5 competent people in your pocket when you log in to fully enjoy the game. Solo gameplay is limited, and for newbies, even F8 is limited. And not everyone is lucky enough to get a free carry from clans.  We are still loosing too many players.

MMO's were never made for solo players

Still most of them have proper tools to group them.

MMO's arent supposed to remove all hard content and just make everything buy-able

This is exactly, what BnS did. You can buy almost everything. If you buy enough trove, you are at endgame. You will only miss your badges and soulshields (you will have mats to get them).

Ok so we know there are problems. Now what?
Continue suggesting changes you would like to see to better improve yours and others gaming experience. When you make suggestion threads, try to all stay in them and not spread out making 50 different suggestion threads where none gain any traction because someone just writes up another one instead of putting their post in your post.

Alright goodluck, I'm supporting all of you.

Sure we can suggest things. Other games have at least feedback/suggestion subforum, we dont have even a single pinned topic for that. You see how they care about this. 

Edited by KzE