Shattered Masts "A JOKE DUNGEON FOR DAILY"

Fynn58

I'm absolutely sure lots of people won't like this but in my opinion Shattered Masts should be taken out of the rotation for Dailies.  It isn't a dungeon anymore it's a joke .... you don't have to kill the Boss now to get credit when it is on the list of dailies.  All you have to do is kill 15 NPC EbonDrake and bingo you have your daily credit .... hell you don't have to fight any Bosses at all to get credit.

Of course we have the people at Blade and Soul to thank for this ..... their constant nerfing and gutting dungeons NS and below really screwed things up.

I've been told countless time from the So-called "Support" to put things into the Forum because the Developers read issues brought up ... from my point of view i don't see how they actually could.

I honestly am concerned if the Developers actually care what the players think or are they to wrapped up in developement to realize they had created a good playing environment. You don't have to destroy what you created to make something better.

Well i've said my peace so have at it .

Oh by the way to get your 15 EbonDrake ... people join a party .... you kill 11 before you even have to do your jump to the first Boss. You leave the party and re-enter the dungeon... kill the first 4 at the very beginning and Bingo your done with "Phantom Wave" you got your daily ... hit escape and leave.     Simple and pathetic for a dungeon.

If the topic gains enough traction, yeah I'm pretty sure it does get forwarded to devs but that isn't the main issue here

I'm on the fence about this myself.

I actually never noticed you didnt have to do the whole dungeon so I kept doing the whole thing anyway :giggle:

That said, it does kinda feel bad when people get their NPC kills and then all drop party lol.

But at the same time, it makes doing DC a lot more manageable for a lot of people.

So I suppose if it means more people have less of a rough time, then I can't really argue too much against it.

Very conflicted feeling about older dungeons essentially meaning nothing...poor Pigsty...poor sturdy iron guy..

It'd be very fun if they made hardmodes of older dungeons scaled up so they were a challenge again!

-but I know even that would cause a wave of "waaaaah HMs are for WHALE ONLY" hmmmmmmmm

It's difficult to win, isn't it. It's very difficult it seems. Yeah I could never be a dev, goodluck team.

Shattered Masts should still be a DC, that much I can say safely. There should be DC available for all AP tiers, plain and simple.

HOWEVER, as I've said countless times since they made "Phantom Waves" the DC, they should revert the DC back to killing Taikhan, not just 15 enemies leading up to Fire Lord Kuwajin.

I pretty much have given up doing Shattered Masts on any of my characters, because I was so sick and tired of watching just how selfish people were in that dungeon. First there were the people who wouldn't wait for everyone to load in, losing kills for the DC (which often caused the people who missed out to leave). Then there was the simple fact that, the moment the DC was completed, most people bailed out and left one or two people who actually WANTED to do the entire dungeon pretty much left twisting in the wind. When it came do doing Shattered Masts, I always decided that, if I'm doing the dungeon, I'm going to do the ENTIRE dungeon, not this halfway nonsense... and from the moment the DC requirement changed, I rarely ever saw a full party go to the end. It irritated me to the point where I gave up on doing the dungeon entirely.

I'd like to see the dungeon used... heck, I'd like to see a lot of the older dungeons brought back to be used in DC, like Sundered Nexus, for example. Just having some variety would be fun! I mean, heck, even revamping the old dungeons into something new would be kind of fun too! But if you're going to utilize a dungeon for DC... use the WHOLE dungeon.

I'd love to see old dungeons back also.

Sundred Nexus was my favorite dungeon to do, most fun mechanic dungeon you have to follow which felt oddly satisfying.

Going through 3 dungeon levels to get to final boss and having to coordinate "kite" role and tank role. Pure 100% MMORPG feel. 

Honestly the only dungeon that actually felt like a real dungeon and not mindless DPS.

I just go solo and do entire dungeon lol, it gives a pouch on the last mini boss and 2 mat chests on last boss so it's worth it and piercing achivement if anyone is interested in having like 7k piercing.

sorry but i need this shattered mast dungeon to finish my 3 dailies like... in 3 minutes total, my record of finishing all 3 dailes were 2.5 minutes, normally takes 5 to 10 min. anymore than 10 min, i dont need that daily and that day's daily rewards

On 8/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, Fynn58 said:

"Phantom Wave" you got your daily ... hit escape and leave

hit escape loading screen and then leaving loading screen... 2 loading screens are too much to bear.

after you just hit escape loading screen and then quit your game or move to other character of yours

you always stop your daily at shattered mast escape key or at the celebasin mini boss (because i can not wait that 2 minute or more, windstriding out)

Why are you interested in increasing the minimal amount of effort to take in order to finish dailies? I do dailies 10 times each day, and you should stop. If you want to waste more time or do something you consider more useful, do it. Just leave us people, who use alts to make the best use from events, alone. Doing only the current event usually takes several hours each day. It's really exhausting to make that little progress as a f2p. And there is almost no time left for me to play on my main, or just for fun. You cry about the game would become too easy, but likely you are just a whale who is clueless about what it's like to be actually working for progress. That game is super grindy already. There is no point in supporting your direction.

I used to the suggest the same thing before. But it was when they have not yet nerfed the dungeon’s rewards to the ground, and when Taikhan’s Hide was still used for weapon upgrade, making reaching the last boss be more helpful to new players, and people leaving after first boss/first eleven quest mobs were actually hurt new players’ gear progression.

Nowadays, the dungeon was just a shadow of its past self. There is literally no incentive to run it except for Daily Challenge. If anything, it would like the quest to be nerfed down to 10 mobs, so that players can just finish the quest before the first boss. Even if they somehow late, there are still 10 other mobs after first boss, saving them a few loading screens. Either way, it helps players to finish the daily much faster.

On 8/3/2018 at 12:20 PM, Showta said:

That said, it does kinda feel bad when people get their NPC kills and then all drop party lol.

there are usually 2~3 afkers in this dungeon, even if it is not related with the daily, i just wanna get out of this dungeon.

On 8/5/2018 at 12:16 AM, RavTH said:

I just go solo...

soloing all is nice. .. but for me

i can solo 1st 4 mobs, but then 4 dormant 250k HP'ish lieutenants sometimes all wake up at once and get me, and sometimes the just wake up one by one and get me, I cant get these 4 well with my gears, but maybe doable. after that, the mob number 10 and 11 are guided by the 4~5 of 400k~ 800k HP'ish dark warewolves, I can't get them alone either(maybe doable, I never had a chance to do them alone), so I have go to this dungeon with other members, but knowing that  2~3 players are already afking from the start, I just wanna get the heck out of this dungeon.

Tbh what BnS should be doing is scaling people to the dungeon yess gear is super good if you go into the most recent content but if they wated to keep rewards up and dungeons relevent scale people to a se number and every one has to deal with doing mechanics and no whaling but then people wouldent swipe as hard soo theres that

Archived