Blade and Soul for Consoles, when?

Sora Sleepy

Could be a year or two down the line but my honest answer would be that they shouldnt do it period unless they intend to let the players that play on their consoles play with those who are playing on their PC's. Tera just came out with console and it crashed and burned MISERABLY part of the problem being that PC players and console players were playing on separate versions + separate servers. It was a complete waste of time and effort.

Unless it can be done absolutely right, there is no need for it.

Pc and console not being able to play together was only a small piece of the problem. Tera had a whole new audience to introduce the game to, there are many more people playing on consoles than pc. It's a lot more to it than that, the servers were ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, I had a hard time getting into the damn game because the connect button did nothing, with many players on screen you experienced a lot of lag and disconnects, also the lack of content, there wasn't much to keep players interested when it launched, etc..

5 hours ago, Showta said:

Could be a year or two down the line but my honest answer would be that they shouldnt do it period unless they intend to let the players that play on their consoles play with those who are playing on their PC's. Tera just came out with console and it crashed and burned MISERABLY part of the problem being that PC players and console players were playing on separate versions + separate servers. It was a complete waste of time and effort.

Unless it can be done absolutely right, there is no need for it.

Actually Tera on consoles is doing great. you should play it instead of spreading rumors.

11 hours ago, HateMe said:

Actually Tera on consoles is doing great. you should play it instead of spreading rumors.

Yea I too heard that the game is in a good state now from friends that still play though the launch was rough. It's definitely a lot more players playing console version than pc.

Played Tera on PC for years. Tried playing it on console and it was buggy, I also had higher ping on it for whatever reason. Also button presses not responding 30% of the time. It also isn't fun knowing KTera has the very latest build, the NA Tera on PC is months behind, while the console Tera is years behind.

Keep BnS on PC only, don't waste devs' time trying to port this to consoles.

5 hours ago, Dexyn said:

Played Tera on PC for years. Tried playing it on console and it was buggy, I also had higher ping on it for whatever reason. Also button presses not responding 30% of the time. It also isn't fun knowing KTera has the very latest build, the NA Tera on PC is months behind, while the console Tera is years behind.

Keep BnS on PC only, don't waste devs' time trying to port this to consoles.

Tera is using the old engine though. I wouldn't call advancing Bns to a larger market a waste of the dev's time if anything that will earn them more revenue. Players also didn't ask for Bns to be on console, devs decided on it after hearing about bdo and tera.

Its confirmed for 2019 and i realy wanna play this in console simply because of 3 reasons

1. No money for pc

3. No lags like pc version and

3. when the game comes out we will start at the first patch with the pirat dungeons as end content first 

i have to admit i would love to play BnS on the console. That being said i dont want to have to start over. If they are going to make it for consoles then make it cross platform so we can still use our already established characters. I used to love Tera till it started going down hill then when they came out on console i thought maybe this was my sign to restart playing it again but when i realized i had to start from scratch, i just couldnt get into it. 

2 hours ago, Emilia Tan said:

Its confirmed for 2019 and i realy wanna play this in console simply because of 3 reasons

1. No money for pc

3. No lags like pc version and

3. when the game comes out we will start at the first patch with the pirat dungeons as end content first 

No lags = strongly depends whee their servers will be hosted. you shouldnt assume this.

Last point - it all depends on what they decide. If they decide to start wqith lvl cap 45 then yes pirate dungeons, if they decide to be directly at 50-55 then you can forget that.

I really hope they don't make it cross platform. That would be the worst thing they could do because a majority of the people that will be playing it on console will be completely new to bns, it would be pretty much a new game. So it wouldn't be fair for them to have people that were playing pc already to have such a huge head start and advantage. They would be able to control the market making things way overpriced and also it would take an extremely long time trying to pick a name that hasn't been taken, etc..

I doubt this will happen anyway because chances are console will be on a different patch from pc.

What I would like to see happen is just the ability to link pc accounts to the console account so that your nccoin can be on the same account and premium membership but not anything like characters.

I hope they never add it to consoles. Console gaming has ruined gaming creativity in general. Consoles are much weaker than (Yes pc master race) PCs and this shows if you look at the history of certain titles. Battlefield series used to have massive maps when it was pc only among other things. The second it went to consoles it's maps significantly decreased in size as did the vehicle amount that you could drive.

9 hours ago, Emilia Tan said:

1. No money for pc

2. No lags like pc version and

1. As good a reason as any;

2. Wishful thinking at it's finest;

3. Sounds good as long as they don't decide to rush patches like they did with the EU/NA version. It didn't work on our version so I see no reason it would on consoles. Time doesn't flow slower when you play on a console, so you don't magically farm more per hour;

Archived