Circle of Sundering *cricket* on high ping players?

Belphe

Hello, I've had hellion bracelet for awhile now and I plan to upgrade it using red dragon crux + the problematic UNREFINED STARBREAKER BRACELET.

I've been spending hours the past days trying to farm the coin fragments without beating master hong because that's almost near impossible with my unstable 200-300+ ping if I try hard I can only survive and die after his first phase. At this point I know all the mechanics and each boss's attack patterns by heart even when their cc bar opens for a very short time like 1 sec?? I can't cc fast enough or I have to stop attacking to get ready to cc so that I make it in time and its hard to iframe in time in general. for a high ping player this is honestly just freaking torture and I have to do this like 50 times IF IM LUCKY  with fragments to get the stupid starbreaker bracelet to upgrade my hellion bracelet? I'm no legend to try hard for hours to try to beat master hong with my ping and just doing 1-3 circle of sundering is already tilting with my ping using up every bit of patience I have in me. This requirement honestly sh*ts on high ping players. I don't know whose genius idea was to make the bracelet only obtainable from the merchant with zero consideration to high ping players but this seriously makes me want to murder them. 

YEAH I KNOW THIS IS A BIG RANT but try to put yourself in our place. I've been playing bns before the release of EU/NA because I'm a huge fan of the game and I actually enjoy learning mechanics for dungeons, raids, etc. ping never mattered to me no matter what server I played, I never had to seriously complain about something so stupid like this before so thanks a lot for this. Not like I'm already pressured by other gear progress or anything really..

If you really play this game, then you should have picked up on a couple of things.

1. The hellion bracelet, is fooking insane. At stage 6 as a shadow des i got a 100k dps boost. and I have haven't even hit stage 10. Literally, i went from 374k/s to 473k/s. This braclet is op as fook. It's suppose to take a lot of time to obtain the dam thing.

2. The game is free to play. If your going to play a free game,  you need a more stable connection. Because knowing NCsoft, they don't give a sheit about you or me or anybody who plays this game. I'm one to talk cuz im in tx but still, you need a good computer and a good connection to play these f2p games because they slap this sheit together with duck tape so people with sheit connections can at least get 500ms.

3 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

If you really play this game, then should have picked up on a couple of things.

1. The hellion bracelet, is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing insane. At stage 6 as a shadow des i got a 100k dps boost. and I have haven't even hit stage 10. Literally, i went from 374k/s to 473k/s. This braclet is op as fook. It's suppose to take a lot of time to obtain the dam thing.

2. The game is free to play. If your going to play a free game,  you need a more stable connection. Because knowing NCsoft, they don't give a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ about you or me or anybody who plays this game. I'm one to talk cuz im in tx but still, you need a good computer and a good connection to play these f2p games because they slap this sheit together with duck tape so people with sheit connections can at least get 500ms.

That sounds great and all I wonder how is it for my fire FM but there's still a long way to go for me before obtaining this bracelet because of this requirement.

I have a good gaming laptop fps isn't a problem for me at all and in most dungeons my ping is normally between 170-250 rarely 120 but for some reason whenever I'm in circle of sundering the average I get is 270-300+ ping doing the mechanics already drops my dps and with the ping being unstable thats also less dps, you see when you're in a long fight dpsing your ping kind of adjusts and gets lower but when you have to stop and do a lot of mechanics iframing and such that doesn't really help out in circle of sundering and while knowing all the attack patterns and mechanics by heart you see yourself pressing exactly what is needed to be pressed but you don't make it in time and get punished every time barely surviving each boss and that's really frustrating and time consuming. 

11 minutes ago, Belphe said:

That sounds great and all I wonder how is it for my fire FM but there's still a long way to go for me before obtaining this bracelet because of this requirement.

I have a good gaming laptop fps isn't a problem for me at all and in most dungeons my ping is normally between 170-250 rarely 120 but for some reason whenever I'm in circle of sundering the average I get is 270-300+ ping doing the mechanics already drops my dps and with the ping being unstable thats also less dps, you see when you're in a long fight dpsing your ping kind of adjusts and gets lower but when you have to stop and do a lot of mechanics iframing and such that doesn't really help out in circle of sundering and while knowing all the attack patterns and mechanics by heart you see yourself pressing exactly what is needed to be pressed but you don't make it in time and get punished every time barely surviving each boss and that's really frustrating and time consuming. 

Your right. I avg 70-90 ms. So i can see why that's really irritating for you. This use to happen to me a lot in Outlaw island. But like i said, Ncsoft isn't going to do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ bruh. You mentioned that you have a laptop. Idk if your using wifi or not, but ethernet would help alot. But eventually they will make it so that the unrefined bracelet is not needed for the upgrade. Who knows when that will be. Maybe next year? Id sayyyy june..... And your a force master????!!! Boi if you dont get your ranged face as in there and kill master hong bruh i swear ta gaaaa

19 minutes ago, Rmccn08 said:

Your right. I avg 70-90 ms. So i can see why that's really irritating for you. This use to happen to me a lot in Outlaw island. But like i said, Ncsoft isn't going to do ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ bruh. You mentioned that you have a laptop. Idk if your using wifi or not, but ethernet would help alot. But eventually they will make it so that the unrefined bracelet is not needed for the upgrade. Who knows when that will be. Maybe next year? Id sayyyy june..... And your a force master????!!! Boi if you dont get your ranged face as in there and kill master hong bruh i swear ta gaaaa

I'm using a router with 5ghz internet my ping on other games is stable and low most of the time, I can't use ethernet with this router and I've tried ethernet before in the past and it didnt do much of a difference to me. I'm not asking for much changes but to make the bracelet obtainable in another way or removing it as a requirement like they did with draken bracelet. yes im a forcemaster its possible to try hard and beat master hong with high ping but trust me putting all the time into it isnt really worth it when i need like 30~ more runs depending on my luck.

Just now, Belphe said:

I'm using a router with 5ghz internet my ping on other games is stable and low most of the time. I'm not asking for much changes but to make the bracelet obtainable in another way or removing it as a requirement like they did with draken bracelet. yes im a forcemaster its possible to try hard and beat master hong with high ping but trust me putting all the time into it isnt really worth it when i need like 30~ more runs depending on my luck.

i feel you

6 hours ago, Belphe said:

At this point I know all the mechanics and each boss's attack patterns by heart even when their cc bar opens for a very short time like 1 sec?? I can't cc fast enough or I have to stop attacking to get ready to cc so that I make it in time and its hard to iframe in time in general.

200-300 isn't a ping that is not playable and reading something like that make it seem like an excuse. CC bar is open long enough even if it was only 1sec it could still easily be done with higher ping unless you have the reaction speed of a potato. Dunno how much time to cc is there exactly, i guess like 2 secs, but it's certainly enough time, for example on my kfm i can squeeze tremor+searing palm in before i cc so even with higher ping it's not an issue to get the cc in.

Dunno how iframing is a problem he has a very easy predictable attack pattern. Only thing i can see people having problems with is the rng on the beam death zone but as fm you have enough dashes thus shouldn't be a problem even with higher ping.

First, ping is JUST not dependent on the connection. It depends on many things like from which location you are playing, or, server network optimization. Second,yes I have noticed in Circle of Sundering ping increased from outside world/sometimes even other dungeons. Third, if you have 300ms or higher, you need to do A LOT of practice to remember attacks before it happen. For example, you may be reacted to aoe attack and outside the aoe zone, but you may still get hit by it just because your input did not reach the server before the NPC executed the attack. Well it's difficult for anyone having around 300ms in game. But if you practice few hours around morning, you probably should be good enough.

Archived