Ideas to improve the game

Chad1123

Disclaimeir ( This are my ideas in what could be improved in the game in order to help new and old players, if u have another opinion on some topics or new ones please let a replay to help this post get reach to the development team)

1)Temple of Eluvium is a core raid since it gave us the gear to get to the newest content(Nightfall Sanctuary). The raid itself still requires good gear and good coordination with party members. Since Temple of Eluvium became a tier 2 raid some improvements can be made in order to help new players who would have take more than 6 months ( based on my expirence)only to have the minimum requirments to access a party.
           Badges= I have more than 11 runs on my main trying to get Frostburn orb, and i am very upset every week i don't get it. 11 runs is almost 3 months which is considere a long period of time and the probility to get it is still the same that means there is the possiblity i can have it in another 11 runs and that really makes me sad. Here's some idea of how this can be avoided:

-make the possiblity to buy the badges after 10 runs achivment whith HQ wing or other material related to the raid or iteam.At least if we are not lucky we will not be upset achieving a high ammount of attempts
         -upgrading to stage 8 Pulse/Skyrift Mystic Badge is pretty useless since divine grace stones and sacred viales are expensive materials and everyone will eventually get thier VT badges soon or later(more later than soon but depends on luck). To solve this since both Pulse and Skyrift are related to different elements on every class would be very useful if we could upgrade our stage 8 mystic bades to the same related element legendary badges.
         -since NCWEST gave us the possiblity to save tons of gold on Souls and Pets through events why wolden't be impossible an event who would gave us Temple of Eluvium soul shilds(like an event a few mounth ago) and maybe badges or badge's materials. This would really save us a tons of time and frustration.

-increasing the drop rate slightly and make it independent by the drop rate of necklaces

2) Ideas on upgrade material. Since the newest patch come out dungeon parties have really high requirments for really low gear dungeons, this is a huge problem for new players since to even reach a decent ammount of gear they would take a few months to even get near it.To avoi it i have these ideas"
-premium transformation stone is a core element to upgrade the weapon from low raven stage 3 to high stages of aransu. The price of these stones is relativly high for a new player and is caused by the probability to fail. We need 8 premium stones only to get the max raven weapon and anather 6 to upgrade the elemtal accesories, buying 14 would cost around 7000 gold based on market on EU and that ammount of money is summed to other costs such as weapon elements and materials. One solution would be either give 100% on transmute or mave it to forgekeeper for 100% on crafting.

3) The party finder ingame feature is a pretty usefull tool, it help us find parties without spamming in faction chat, but no one use it. I see in Korea/China BNS this feature is really used and it works perfectly so maybe if we remove the tabs of older dungeons and zones and make it in one big list like F8 party finder maybe people will try to use it more and solve the problem when Crimson chat faction is very alive compared to Celurean faction chat which is pretty dead in certain houres during the day.

4)Nerfing the raid/dungeons money didn't helped anyone so far, it actually made even low the potential gold incoming every week. For a new player getting through Baleful/Seraph weapon path requires several ,weeks if the player is very costant and efficient, months if the player is casual. In China BNS since they have so many stages of weapon the raven path can be easily bought directly from the marketplace F5, this changes is been on chinese servers for a few ammount of months and this could be a nice update if the last boss of Skybreak Spire (Raven King) have the posibility to drop a sealed vesion of a weapon, the droping chance don't need to be 100% but neither to low becouse the prices would be vey high. Buying a raven weapon directly from the market will help the player start this new content u guys really want us to do and will put him in a spot where he can do a decent ammount of gold a day and dont be scared by the ammount of hard work he need to do to reach a decent gear.

This are only a few ideas that i have and if any others will come on my mind i will post them, please guys if u have new ideas please make a post or replay here. If we actually try to do something about this game instead of complaining all the time how pay to win is this game maybe we can acually help to get a better and funnier game.

P.S sorry if my English is bad.

Ok so...

I completely disagree on the Temple of Eluvium suggestions. Expecially now since you have an alternative way to farm the badge and necklace (Merchant of wonders from Hard Mode dungeons can have a VT badge material too)

For soulshields - you get plenty enough hive queen wings to buy the soulshields. All you need is the achievements, and that should stay as it is. you should work for your gear and not get it handed. There are plenty of alternative ways to get gear yet people dont like it because it requires work and effort. well buckle up, nothing is free.

2. Premium stones - its fine as it is. You can easily make the gold neded for them by selling the tradable materials + making gold from crafting and PVP.

3. It used to be used a lot but people simply stopped using it and going F8.

4. This is actually on player request. People wanted to have gold in the daily rewards, well they got it. so naturally other raid gold was decreased because new content came out. Its been that way since lvl 45 cap.

i am all for making it a bit cheaper to upgrade gears for players, but i am definetely against handout suggestions. People should work for gear. I would honestly even prefer they implemented something to prevent selling of badges, weapon cores etc....

1 hour ago, HateMe said:

Ok so...

I completely disagree on the Temple of Eluvium suggestions. Expecially now since you have an alternative way to farm the badge and necklace (Merchant of wonders from Hard Mode dungeons can have a VT badge material too)

For soulshields - you get plenty enough hive queen wings to buy the soulshields. All you need is the achievements, and that should stay as it is. you should work for your gear and not get it handed. There are plenty of alternative ways to get gear yet people dont like it because it requires work and effort. well buckle up, nothing is free.

2. Premium stones - its fine as it is. You can easily make the gold neded for them by selling the tradable materials + making gold from crafting and PVP.

3. It used to be used a lot but people simply stopped using it and going F8.

4. This is actually on player request. People wanted to have gold in the daily rewards, well they got it. so naturally other raid gold was decreased because new content came out. Its been that way since lvl 45 cap.

i am all for making it a bit cheaper to upgrade gears for players, but i am definetely against handout suggestions. People should work for gear. I would honestly even prefer they implemented something to prevent selling of badges, weapon cores etc....

Hello, I'm really glad to hear someon elese's ideas even that are agaist mine, i really appreaciate youre opions on my ideas and i want to say that i am a bit agaist yours as well. Merchant of Wonder has a low chance to appear after every hard mode duongeon from NS to ST but the point is for a "relatively" new player like me stading at BT gear with raven 9 is hard to get in hard mode parties because their requirments are VT+ and they kick me, and even if i could do constantly this  (i'm assuming the chances to get the badge are pretty low). About Soul Shilds i have to desagree you say we need to put effort and hard work but is all about rng and time not hardwork, we need around 250 wing for full set even if we do all weeklies and full raid we can get maybe 15/20 wings per week so about 3-4 month depending if u have premium or not, this is not effort but time. 2) We need a huge ammount of premium stones , as i said we need around 14 for raven weapon and accs and you are right the prices are pretty low but for a new player standing at raven 3 with not even 1100 with an income of maybe 40/50 gold daily will take months to even reach high BT gear. 3) I wasn't talking about the dungeons but for the weeklies raids, i have character in both faction red and blue and i can say on my server blu faction's chat is dead for a lot of time when red is all about spamming, so have the F7(maybe not that key) feature used by players would be very nice. 4) yes, you are right, but they tried to solve the problem 2 patches ago when they nerfed noobies dungeons gold, but swithing from weekly to daily in fact didn't solved nothing at all new players will never be able to start the game at least with a decent ammount of gold and since they will not have a decent gear will be really hard for them to find parties. Image a new player coming to the game, all dungeons he could do will be EC DT NF NS(if he find a carry run), gearing with 20/30 gold daily is really hard i guess.

Even if my ideas was taking on by NCSOFT will still be hard to get gear, u say that people should work hard for gear but since i'm not an old player and i play everyday trying to gear myself i'm in this circle when as soon i make a steep foward new content is released and i will never reach the new content. It took me 6 months to get to this point and now since new raid come out it will take anather 6 months and in that time new content will be on and i will never be there on time, always later.

1 hour ago, Chad1123 said:

Hello, I'm really glad to hear someon elese's ideas even that are agaist mine, i really appreaciate youre opions on my ideas and i want to say that i am a bit agaist yours as well. Merchant of Wonder has a low chance to appear after every hard mode duongeon from NS to ST but the point is for a "relatively" new player like me stading at BT gear with raven 9 is hard to get in hard mode parties because their requirments are VT+ and they kick me, and even if i could do constantly this  (i'm assuming the chances to get the badge are pretty low). About Soul Shilds i have to desagree you say we need to put effort and hard work but is all about rng and time not hardwork, we need around 250 wing for full set even if we do all weeklies and full raid we can get maybe 15/20 wings per week so about 3-4 month depending if u have premium or not, this is not effort but time. 2) We need a huge ammount of premium stones , as i said we need around 14 for raven weapon and accs and you are right the prices are pretty low but for a new player standing at raven 3 with not even 1100 with an income of maybe 40/50 gold daily will take months to even reach high BT gear. 3) I wasn't talking about the dungeons but for the weeklies raids, i have character in both faction red and blue and i can say on my server blu faction's chat is dead for a lot of time when red is all about spamming, so have the F7(maybe not that key) feature used by players would be very nice. 4) yes, you are right, but they tried to solve the problem 2 patches ago when they nerfed noobies dungeons gold, but swithing from weekly to daily in fact didn't solved nothing at all new players will never be able to start the game at least with a decent ammount of gold and since they will not have a decent gear will be really hard for them to find parties. Image a new player coming to the game, all dungeons he could do will be EC DT NF NS(if he find a carry run), gearing with 20/30 gold daily is really hard i guess.

Even if my ideas was taking on by NCSOFT will still be hard to get gear, u say that people should work hard for gear but since i'm not an old player and i play everyday trying to gear myself i'm in this circle when as soon i make a steep foward new content is released and i will never reach the new content. It took me 6 months to get to this point and now since new raid come out it will take anather 6 months and in that time new content will be on and i will never be there on time, always later.

Well i am not really "against" your general thought but they way you suggested it. This game will always be a game of playing catch-up. Regardless at which stage you are.

I generally go by the thought, gear should be earned. If someone cannot do a raid for whatever reason then he should not have that gear.

Even before i started doing VT i had over 300+ Hive Queen wings from quests, events etc.... since i take my prizes / materials based on what i need myself and not based on what i can turn into profit by selling.

Getting legendary jewels / elements isnt that hard since you can buy them for soulston e crystals + sacred crystals at a cheaper price. Those are the most common materials you can easily get so its not that hard actually.

Remember everyone started out at some point and got to where they are today back when thongs were much hard and more difficult to get like as example the frozen stinger times, where rng decided if someone made profit or not because a recipe didnt drop. the way its not it is much much easier to gear up.

The thing is this is a korean mmo...that means grind grind grind. sure dungeons, celestial basin, naksun might be boring to do but they give what you need. So i just put on a movie and farm while watching....and few hours and i have materials i can use.

if yuo get kicked from a party asking aransu +, make your own with raven and give it a try. I can assure you none of the dungeons are even that hard....you can easily do starstone mines hard mode.....there are near to no mechs , you just need to know what you are doing and you can farm easily merchant of wonders from it.

I do however believe they should make an event that helps with accessory upgrades, like they did with soul, pet aura, weapons.

26 minutes ago, HateMe said:

Well i am not really "against" your general thought but they way you suggested it. This game will always be a game of playing catch-up. Regardless at which stage you are.

I generally go by the thought, gear should be earned. If someone cannot do a raid for whatever reason then he should not have that gear.

Even before i started doing VT i had over 300+ Hive Queen wings from quests, events etc.... since i take my prizes / materials based on what i need myself and not based on what i can turn into profit by selling.

Getting legendary jewels / elements isnt that hard since you can buy them for soulston e crystals + sacred crystals at a cheaper price. Those are the most common materials you can easily get so its not that hard actually.

Remember everyone started out at some point and got to where they are today back when thongs were much hard and more difficult to get like as example the frozen stinger times, where rng decided if someone made profit or not because a recipe didnt drop. the way its not it is much much easier to gear up.

The thing is this is a korean mmo...that means grind grind grind. sure dungeons, celestial basin, naksun might be boring to do but they give what you need. So i just put on a movie and farm while watching....and few hours and i have materials i can use.

if yuo get kicked from a party asking aransu +, make your own with raven and give it a try. I can assure you none of the dungeons are even that hard....you can easily do starstone mines hard mode.....there are near to no mechs , you just need to know what you are doing and you can farm easily merchant of wonders from it.

I do however believe they should make an event that helps with accessory upgrades, like they did with soul, pet aura, weapons.

Hello again, yeah i am totally with you about the erning your gear but compared with other mmos the grind in this game seems to be endless and pretty scarry for new players comperd to other mmo i played like WoW, Tera, Aion, Black Dessert Online, I have a friend who left this game only because the start was pretty rough and i think maybe a smoother start wold help a lot of pleyers. I really want you to know that i really appreciate every single opinion of yours and i think that conversations like this can really improve the game and its playerbase. I wish you a nice day/night, depents where are you from and now u really make me realiase that my ideas were not well elaborated and well expressed so i will try to make a new post with more innovative ideas and hope liked by everyone.

P.S if u already tried SSM hard mode farm can u tell me how good it is Merchant of Wonder becouse i will be soon aransu 3 and i want to know if is worth farming, thanks

This game is pretty much dead...

Peek times they have servers around 3~5k players online, this way far behind from "MMO" numbers, any bad game on Steam have like 10 times more players online than this.

So what they do is extend the grind to impossible levels so then the addicted ones that's left stay with the game for as many years as possible.

This is why you have this nonsense grindfest and they nerf ALL material availability everywhere; if they let you all progress the game dies. That simple.

21 minutes ago, Kosako Assano said:

This game is pretty much dead...

Peek times they have servers around 3~5k players online, this way far behind from "MMO" numbers, any bad game on Steam have like 10 times more players online than this.

So what they do is extend the grind to impossible levels so then the addicted ones that's left stay with the game for as many years as possible.

This is why you have this nonsense grindfest and they nerf ALL material availability everywhere; if they let you all progress the game dies. That simple.

The game itself is not dead but the way NCWEST try to run this NA/EU servers is pretty bad and careless, respected to KR/CHINA servers our server has a bad economy and only a few of the playerbase is actually doing the new content, for example to clear last boss of the newest raid parties full of whales with aransu9 maxed gearead stuggled and clear it with only a few seconds left after the enrage timer. I think NCWEST really try to push our game to reach the Korean/Chinese counter part but they still don't know that our server has only 2/3 years and this circle of not getting to any point stress player and some of them even leave the game.

5 hours ago, HateMe said:

Ok how does this even remotely make sense. Let's see. We have X as total cost for gearing up say from raven 1 to aransu 6. We have Y as gold income from the wide dungeon bracket (where the most players are). It would take you say 6 months to get to aransu 6 (hohohoooo, nope. Just an arbitrary value for the sake of the example). A new patch rolls out. Now your upgrade goes from raven 1 to aransu 9. The cost is now X+3, while Y is the same, but with main profit margin shifted away from the main dungeon bracket. In which universe does this spell "resoundingly good progression design"? Not in this one, that's for sure. What would make sense, is for Y to increase And accommodate the change in total cost.

This is my sad excuse of a graphic.

aCOQZ8M.jpg

In a sense, the "after patch" part should not look any different from the "before patch" one. The only difference should be that if you point a dungeon somewhere on the dungeon bracket, it would go to the left anchoring the rest of the dungeons to the left as well. Instead we have this situation where the previous top content is still top content and ineffective or not doable with middling gear, resulting in the people doing the main dungeon bracket being put in the spot, not to mention team "I installed the game yesterday", since the content that they can do doesn't even scratch the main dungeon bracket, let alone intercede with it.

1. NO! Hell no. The loot system in the blade and soul raids are perfect. It should not be changed. People either need to learn the mechanics and move on, or we need everybody in the game to complain about the difficulty and then they will change it. But that's not going to happen. People just need to learn the mechanics. Period.

2. Pts are fine the way they are. In my personal opinion, I wish that we were given more options a day to receive higher quantities of materials that we need. I don't like the fact that you have to participate in both PVE AND PVP in order to make a good amount of resources every day but hey that's just me. it's not a popular opinion so it probably won't change.

3. Your on the right track. f8 is pretty ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed right now. It's been ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed since IF and EL release. I almost hate it. I wish they would remove the lobby so that people are forced to form the teams out in the world rather than everybody cooping up in a little dungeon lobby looking for that one perfect team. I wish LFP was utilized more. Especially for older dungeons. Kind of the way it is in Wow. We have this feature, which is f7. It's just that NA doesn't use it. But that's our fault, so NCsoft won't do anything about it. 

4. Here's where I disagree again. The problem in Blade and Soul is not gold. It's MATS. If NCsoft increased the amount of gold you could make, the marketplace prices would just skyrocket. We would be back at square 1. I personally would like to see more materials. Ever since they created untradable materials, prices for upgrade mats just continue to increase. It all starts with those 4 items. Soulstones, Moonstones, Elysian Orbs, and Sacred Orbs. If they would increase the amount of materials you could earn everyday, the prices of items in f5 would drop. They become less valuable because they are easier to obtain and create. That's the problem. I told the support team this. They gave me a bullshit response.

The harsh reality is that NCsoft is not in the business of helping the player-base. They are in the business of making money. So whatever they can do to squeeze more cash out of you, they will do it. They don't care about Us. They care about the money.

1 hour ago, Kosako Assano said:

Whales will scream NO every time anyone points out how ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ system is because:

"-but muh gold, I need sell raid runs"

Change that and they instantly leave the game.

because thats how it works in all games not just bns.... the problem with bns is that most of the players are outright spoiled. the game is being constantly dumbed down because babies complain and dont want to farm materials, in a mmo....

4 hours ago, HateMe said:

because thats how it works in all games not just bns.... the problem with bns is that most of the players are outright spoiled. the game is being constantly dumbed down because babies complain and dont want to farm materials, in a mmo....

Actually this is totally not how it works anywhere but in systems designed to cater to whales. And we don't want that? Surprising, isn't it...

21 hours ago, Chad1123 said:

Badges= I have more than 11 runs on my main trying to get Frostburn orb, and i am very upset every week i don't get it. 11 runs is almost 3 months which is considere a long period of time and the probility to get it is still the same that means there is the possiblity i can have it in another 11 runs and that really makes me sad. Here's some idea of how this can be avoided:

Actually they can make one common item for both Necklace and badge, and then player can exchange that item for what they need badge/necklace.

21 hours ago, Chad1123 said:

4)Nerfing the raid/dungeons money didn't helped anyone so far,

Agreed

Tbh most paid player, will say no to most of your suggestions. Because it directly hurt their personal gain from  "Selling Raid"

1 hour ago, Dante666 said:

Actually they can make one common item for both Necklace and badge, and then player can exchange that item for what they need badge/necklace.

Agreed

Tbh most paid player, will say no to most of your suggestions. Because it directly hurt their personal gain from  "Selling Raid"

yeah,i know all my ideas were made by the point of view of fairly new player (high BT gear) the point is that this game is dead for new players, everytime you see a low level character is usually an alt of someone, i can say that by looking at the gems. This game survive only by the old nostalgic playerbase who already has spent hundreds of money on trove and rng boxes and dont want to leave the game and that make me sad because bns is a fun game with an interesting story, people said that is an korean mmo so this type of grind should be on but respected to other mmo i have played bns is just play the dailys for one or two hours and that's it, there is no grind is just time consuming and i'm good with it but is really hard for new people to give it a try and that's is killing the game. Imagine a new player finishing the story, with that gear he can do only EC DT NF and NS 4 dungeon that gives aroud 20 gold so how new people can actally enjoy this game if they need to wait months only to be able to do midgear dungeons and this can be made only one time a day they can't "grind" over and over again to make money. Ty for replaying i really appreciate that.

13 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Ok how does this even remotely make sense. Let's see. We have X as total cost for gearing up say from raven 1 to aransu 6. We have Y as gold income from the wide dungeon bracket (where the most players are). It would take you say 6 months to get to aransu 6 (hohohoooo, nope. Just an arbitrary value for the sake of the example). A new patch rolls out. Now your upgrade goes from raven 1 to aransu 9. The cost is now X+3, while Y is the same, but with main profit margin shifted away from the main dungeon bracket. In which universe does this spell "resoundingly good progression design"? Not in this one, that's for sure. What would make sense, is for Y to increase And accommodate the change in total cost.

This is my sad excuse of a graphic.

Hide contents

aCOQZ8M.jpg

In a sense, the "after patch" part should not look any different from the "before patch" one. The only difference should be that if you point a dungeon somewhere on the dungeon bracket, it would go to the left anchoring the rest of the dungeons to the left as well. Instead we have this situation where the previous top content is still top content and ineffective or not doable with middling gear, resulting in the people doing the main dungeon bracket being put in the spot, not to mention team "I installed the game yesterday", since the content that they can do doesn't even scratch the main dungeon bracket, let alone intercede with it.

Hey, I really appreciate the fact that u make a clear graph and a nice explanation to gold's problem, but apparently the situation of new players is not well accepted neither by the old playerbase neither by the NCWEST, i hope that NCSOFT will realise that this game is dying by the new people and the only one who still plays is the old nostalgic playerbase. I whish you a nice day/night and hope this types of conversation will help improving the game.

19 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Actually this is totally not how it works anywhere but in systems designed to cater to whales. And we don't want that? Surprising, isn't it...

Actually it is, in every game you have parties selling raid runs, be it BnS, Tera...etc... thats one of the things that makes these dungeons attractive and rewarding to those that can clear them.  This even is the only reason why already geared people still even do those raids, remove this and you wont have any parties to carry anyone.

Dont get me wrong, i am fully against selling raid runs and raid loot, because i believe gear should be farmed and earned, its what makes it rewarding. but this is the sad reality.

19 hours ago, MassiveEgo said:

Exactly the game is getting customized to spoon-feed things to whales in certain way. But rarely thinking of caring for new f2p players.

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

Actually it is, in every game you have parties selling raid runs, be it BnS, Tera...etc... thats one of the things that makes these dungeons attractive and rewarding to those that can clear them.  This even is the only reason why already geared people still even do those raids, remove this and you wont have any parties to carry anyone.

Dont get me wrong, i am fully against selling raid runs and raid loot, because i believe gear should be farmed and earned, its what makes it rewarding. but this is the sad reality.

Hey, instead i'm totally fine with the idea of selling raids is a good this becouse recently it become more and more cheaper and let the player not so geared to get some good staff but the problem i see was the rng for some people is so bad in this game. This game is not "grinding" is just play for one or two hours a day for dailyes, we can't farm dungeons over and over again trying to make gold, times ago farming EC hard mode was a thing because it gave tradable materials but NCWEST took it away from us, now we can farm Merchant of Wonder but the probability to give good staff is not worth spamming the same dungeon over and over again. This game is just time consuming, but the ideas i wrote for the badges is not that bad becouse it will still keep the prestige of the badge, for example first idea of getting it in anather way after 10 runs achivment is still a long time to get it or making stage 8 mystinc badge into a stage 1 legendary is still good becouse it will require many grace stones and sacred viales so the badge will be accessible after farming SK for stones and events for vials.

4 hours ago, HateMe said:

So we can say we agree that dungeons should not be turned into merchandise (aka major chunk of the daily gold shifted to said dungeons) and handed to the top gear bracket in the same way they were for the past 5 major patches? If yes, I extend a hand.

12 minutes ago, MassiveEgo said:

So we can say we agree that dungeons should not be turned into merchandise (aka major chunk of the daily gold shifted to said dungeons) and handed to the top gear bracket in the same way they were for the past 5 major patches? If yes, I extend a hand.

Well it's true that major chunk of gold earning shifted to purely to people who already have enough gold for high end gear. While low gear f2p still struggle to get enough gold. And yes it shouldn't be merchandised. Dungeon selling is kind of mentality of the community here and ncsoft is supporting the process indirectly by giving them this options. 

In my opinion selling raid is not a big deal as long NCSOFT will give us the possiblity fo complete this raids even by ourselfs. Selling raid is a huge gold income for end game gear people and it should be like that because they had spet so much real money and time but the point is that is pretty bad because is the only good source of income, so f2p people or new people will don't have a chance to make money within months or years. This game is really dying becouse new people will not come so the only playerbase will be whales who don't want to leave the game cuz they have spet so much money in it. In bns we have no point on spamming dungeons and if u want to play more than one/two hours u can't cuz you need to wait till next day for dailyes. This game is the pure reflection of our real society where the rich people has so many ways to get rich and the poor ones need a miracle to survive. I trully believe if we had that smooth start maybe with a raven weapon bought from the market(my idea up there) will help people getting directly in that new content NCSOFT is forcing us to do so that f2p can still play this game and whales will be still happy  because in dungeon everyone will have that raven weapon and not a pleb serpah/baleful.

Archived