KFM Flame Build

kesco

This build seems to be rare that or all the players i try to talk to in game are to immersed to be bothered. So are the Skyrift or Pulse mystic badges worth getting for Flame build at all? I already have revelations badge and soon will have magnum but these other two badges look good. I also hear blue moon soul is good for Flame build to. experienced players please share

I used Magnum + Revelation to start, and it was pretty good.  I eventually switched from Magnum to Glory in preparation of getting VT mystic badge, and I found it to be better even before I got the VT badge.  I know most of the material online recommends staying at 3pcs MSP + 5pcs BT SS until you hit VT, but I personally found full BT SS + Glory to be more efficient, granted you have the elemental damage to go with it too.  

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty much what McWang said when it comes to Soul Badge... I mean, to be fair, both Wind and Fire use mostly the same Soul Badges anyways, since anything to build Searing Palm is going to be extremely useful for any KFM.

I would say that Magnum is a decent option until you can get the full Dauntless Soul Shield from Skybreak Spire, then get Glory when you get that Soul Shield.

Magnum is a great badge at building to stage 4 Searing Palm. All you need to do is hit X > RMB > X > X > X and you're at stage 3 Searing Palm, still leaving 1>RMB, Smite and Hellfire Kick (or resists with Q/E or C if spec'd to resist) to get to Stage 4. Also very nice is that Magnum can pretty much reset Searing Palm's cooldown. One weakness to Magnum, however, is that, if anyone stuns or dazes when you go for your combo, you're likely to knock the enemy into the air, since RMB is also a KFM's aerial.

Glory, on the other hand, instantly procs Stage 4 Searing Palm off of Tremor (V). Tremor is one of the skills that you use to build Threat as a tank, so combining the two makes things very easy. You want your BT soul shield (or 3 pieces of the VT soul shield) to gain Tremor's cooldown reduction, however, since without it, Tremor takes a lot longer to go off cooldown, making it less viable. You will still need to build your Searing Palm combo when V is on cooldown, however (since S4 palm only lasts 10 seconds while Tremor has a 30 second cooldown), but it's nothing you can't handle. V will also reset Searing Palm's cooldown like Magnum does, so if you have V up and S4 palm is running out, pop it. The one annoyance with this badge is that, if something interrupts you from activating S4, you've gotta wait for V to cooldown to try again. Eventually, however, this can be mitigated a little bit by fusing it with the Alluvion soul badge to make the Ancestral badge. This means that, on top of V procing S4 palm, using your Fighting Spirit (BB) will reset V. A great way to start the fight is to V>X>Tab to go right into S4, grab the boss' attention, BB the party, then be ready for another V when S4 runs out.

I did DPS tests with Magnum against Glory when I first got both badges and I can safely say that Glory will increase your DPS overall.

Archived