whippleshuffle

Fortune Falls Fishing Hook One-Time Compensation

Recommended Posts

We’ve been receiving requests from players who were not aware they needed to quickly claim their catch from the Fortune Falls fishing poles/nets, which has led to lost catches and lost Fishing Hooks. To help those who were unaware, we’re providing 2 Fishing Hooks for 0 Hongmoon Coin on the Hongmoon Store as a one-time compensation for all players.

 

Please be sure to read the Fortune Falls Returns news post  and False Idols patch notes  for full details of how these events work. Our Customer Support team will be unable to assist with any lost Fishing Hooks or items not claimed before the five second timer runs out. Please use these Fishing Hooks wisely, and be sure to claim your catch quickly and with open inventory space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aleiirya   

There's a bigger issue at hand - nowhere in patch notes does it suggest other players can interfere with your loot. I've been wearing the event outfit with no hooks and can still see the green interaction marker on the fishing spots. Other friends of mine haven't been in the costume at all and can still see the interaction marker. This suggests the fishing spots can be exploited to steal others' loot. Not very fair if this is an intended mechanic that wasn't mentioned at all with the patch notes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hyenr   

Hi, i have been stealed from my loot, other players are around my fishing spot and stole  a scared vial from me, which worth more than 400golds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hayunki   

Samething here with me, I got a sacred vial and even by spamming the loot key, I still didn't get it which is complete BS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gman   

Ill better save my hooks untill another official statement then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2018 at 2:52 PM, whippleshuffle said:

We’ve been receiving requests from players who were not aware they needed to quickly claim their catch from the Fortune Falls fishing poles/nets, which has led to lost catches and lost Fishing Hooks. To help those who were unaware, we’re providing 2 Fishing Hooks for 0 Hongmoon Coin on the Hongmoon Store as a one-time compensation for all players.

 

Please be sure to read the Fortune Falls Returns news post  and False Idols patch notes  for full details of how these events work. Our Customer Support team will be unable to assist with any lost Fishing Hooks or items not claimed before the five second timer runs out. Please use these Fishing Hooks wisely, and be sure to claim your catch quickly and with open inventory space.

I think it's incredible that you could not launch an event without having a BUG ... very good the quality of you because it's all related to ping who has less or you die waiting to have nobody to get the simple item

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Belido   

Sorry, but I really can't find any bug on this event, while I been gone fishing over 40 times already. It may be a bit bad designed, but it`s right the way the told us while the patch was done... and with that amazing long downtime we had on this, I had right enough time to read that stuff (and I still forgotten to gear up the fishing costume on 1st visit :pain:) ....

Fishing Task for me look s like this :

1. gear up that fishing costume for 1g  from dragon express

2, find an empty fishing spot at Jadestome

3. get rdy for fishing (prepare to do point 4-6 withing 5sec), check if I got enough space in bag

4. press F

5. press F again to loot

6. press Y if there is a bind on pickup part in loot (roughly about 10% chance)

7. leave spot, get back to a suitable costume

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sonatta   

the event is really trash.. I missed 1 divine stone and pet pack so far from fishing... really shitty fishing system...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I missed out on an oil, bc I didnt hit Y fast enough, no way to compensate for that? And how are ppl fishing 40x already? I thought is was a 1X a day event? Hooks are'nt transferable between characters rt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh! So that's why my loot is vanishing?! 2 days in a row my loot has vanished into thin air, and I thought it was the games fault.. well actually it is if they allow other players to loot people's stuff! What a bloody joke! Now I remember why I left this game for a year!

As for the scumbags looting other people's stuff, I'm sure that there's a way to track them down and ban them, but knowing this game and the people that run it they can't be bothered and just let ripped off players go swivel! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aurinya   

Greetings!

 

As stated by Cyan, it's impossible to take someone else's loot. What happened most likely is that the loot disappeared because it had not been claimed within the required 5 seconds after it appeared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SashyaHoney said:

Oh! So that's why my loot is vanishing?! 2 days in a row my loot has vanished into thin air, and I thought it was the games fault.. well actually it is if they allow other players to loot people's stuff! What a bloody joke! Now I remember why I left this game for a year!

As for the scumbags looting other people's stuff, I'm sure that there's a way to track them down and ban them, but knowing this game and the people that run it they can't be bothered and just let ripped off players go swivel! 

Losing your stuff is actually an intended mechanic.

 

This is so others dont hog the fishing spots.

What transcends me is that they didn't do the same that was done for the Valentine's Event, that gave True Heart...

(Making True Heart useless is another question for another time...)

 

JUST TOSS OUR STUFF IN THE INVENTORY OR MAIL!

Like all, any and every other event!

 

Or, at least, give us some affordance!

Since we have a stupidly short 5 second time to catch the stuff, why not REMOVE THE DEMAND TO PRESS Y TO ACCEPT AN ITEM?

 

I'm sure this event was just rushed out.

Everything is weird with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Belido   
Am 29.7.2018 um 02:06 schrieb SeraphBlade:

I missed out on an oil, bc I didnt hit Y fast enough, no way to compensate for that? And how are ppl fishing 40x already? I thought is was a 1X a day event? Hooks are'nt transferable between characters rt?

While I personally think the Y confirm rather should have been removed from stuff like thisb, the case of having extended Fishing seasons are easily explained, ofc those are not all on the same char, but I got a load of alts with dire need of a reliable pet :please:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today At 15.37PM  GMT+ 7, I spend one Fish Hook to do Event. I got one Pet Pack and two Fleeting Angler's Oils. However, when I click Y to gather them, my pet pack disappeared and I only got two the Oils and missed Pet Pack. Pls help me to get back the pet pack. I took a picture pls check and support me!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pikabebo   

i lost a oil today because of lag and my screen freeze. As soon I was able to move, my item is gone. What's with this 5 second rule anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/29/2018 at 10:49 AM, Aurinya said:

Greetings!

 

As stated by Cyan, it's impossible to take someone else's loot. What happened most likely is that the loot disappeared because it had not been claimed within the required 5 seconds after it appeared. 

Three times in a row I've lost my loot. Today happened again. I lost a pet pack, 5 fleeting oil and 1 sacred vial already. It keeps happening every single day even I considered quitting the game.

 

Edit: Also like the second time it was I could claim 3 fleeting oil and the pet pack only got the fleeting oil?? Whats going on...

Edited by Rikanashi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, Sonatta said:

the event is really trash.. I missed 1 divine stone and pet pack so far from fishing... really shitty fishing system...

 

same thing happened to me... ;_;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now I lost pet pack, But I get the fleeting oils. I kept pressing to get the pet pack but failed then gone.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I lost 2 pet packs, I guess I wasn't pressing Y quick enough but can't press it faster? It's not like I'm waiting inbetween the clicks... I press f then f then y and I only get the fleeting oils. I'm on a good pc and not lagging so I don't quite understand how it's not fast enough. 

 

I agree with the post above that says "Since we have a stupidly short 5 second time to catch the stuff, why not REMOVE THE DEMAND TO PRESS Y TO ACCEPT AN ITEM? ". 

Edited by ShiedaIllyria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
teagu   

I lost a divine grace stone today, no way it took 5 seconds to hit f and alt confirm...bull ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. the amount of money I put into this game to have this happen. Have it drop and let us have it or don't do it at all.This really ruins peoples play experience. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/08/2018 at 10:34 AM, Quang12345 said:

Pls help me to get back the pet pack. I took a picture pls check and support me!!

Support won't help you.

They just say "We can't do anything about it".

 

On 04/08/2018 at 1:20 AM, Pikabebo said:

i lost a oil today because of lag and my screen freeze. As soon I was able to move, my item is gone. What's with this 5 second rule anyway?

This game has the stability and ping dependency, like the one of a crack addict who hasn't has his blow for the day, coupled the performance of a dead tortoise.

 

I actually almost lost my things AGAIN because pressing F on an item that requires pressing Y makes the dialog re-open and Y takes no effect what so ever.

That is, if you press F F, you can't press Y.

You MUST press F (wait) Y.

 

This is extremely sensitive and assumes you have an high end system or a very stable connection.

 

Also, quoting my ticket, "The five second timer is intended so that all players can use the objects in a timely manner.":

PwfUH1c.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.