Forums

Why isn't fishing just press F to get item?

Can you tell me the thought process behind making "fishing' in this event "press Y within 5sec or you lose your hook"? When there's a finite number of hooks in this event and you can't get any more? Why isn't it simply "press F and get an item", like every single other event previously?

I fail to understand what NCW hopes to achieve by making it possible to lose your hook if you get a lag spike, or really didn't pay attention within that 5sec, or had to answer the phone or whatever. Yes I've already heard people lost their hooks and items due to lag. Annoy the players? Make it "skill based" as in need to have reflex time of less than 5sec? So fun, have to keep watch and click a button. Lol.

Common analogy: when you've already paid for an item at a clothing store, does the clerk ask you "are you sure you want these items you purchased??", and then proceed to use a meat grinder to destroy your beautiful new dress if you didn't answer "yes duh I want these" within 5sec? If I already decided to grind event dungeon for hooks, and used it on a fishing net, no ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ I want the items to go into my inventory.

Edited by PetPuggi
3 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Can you tell me the thought process behind making "fishing' in this event "press Y within 5sec or you lose your hook"

totally, I have been wondering how to do this, since i had no idea how the fishing event goes as a 1st timer, I was expecting something to float on the water and I have to pick it up in 5 seconds  ... like a blue fish or a shoe like in the quest.

nothing floating made me go back and forth thinking i been wrecked.

1 hour ago, DirectorTseng said:

So far i have lost a sacrid oil and a pet pack because when you hit F it dose not register and you lose the item. 

If you press "F" only then I'm not surprised you have lost item. You press "F" to hook.. then press "F" to get reward but if oil or pet pack is included in your rewards (not sure about divine) you need to press "Y" (yes) to claim item.

7 hours ago, PetPuggi said:

Can you tell me the thought process behind making "fishing' in this event "press Y within 5sec or you lose your hook"? When there's a finite number of hooks in this event and you can't get any more? Why isn't it simply "press F and get an item", like every single other event previously?

I fail to understand what NCW hopes to achieve by making it possible to lose your hook if you get a lag spike, or really didn't pay attention within that 5sec, or had to answer the phone or whatever. Yes I've already heard people lost their hooks and items due to lag. Annoy the players? Make it "skill based" as in need to have reflex time of less than 5sec? So fun, have to keep watch and click a button. Lol.

If you go to use a hook and then you are conscious enough to press F and then "you dont pay attention" thats more of a YOU problem the a game problem.

The only thing i can think off why it is like this is because in similar cases people would just press F and leave the rward window open, blocking others from using it and making them unable to participate.

3 hours ago, Lee Nyan said:

If you press "F" only then I'm not surprised you have lost item. You press "F" to hook.. then press "F" to get reward but if oil or pet pack is included in your rewards (not sure about divine) you need to press "Y" (yes) to claim item.

Yes I know that but in order to even hit"y" that prompt needs to appear, it tells you to hit "f" to get to that "y" prompt. With the pet pack it never did and with the sacrid oil the "y" prompt appeared at the very last second but it was too late. I had to actually move away from the item and click it again before it would actually go past the "f" prompt but by that point it was too late.

Edited by DirectorTseng

because this event is based of old event system from Kr/Ch and they copypasta into EN for lulz, it was same thing with Wheel of Fortune, but they fixed that. So maybe if everyone will start doing these posts in next maintenance they will remove the item confirmation to press Y/N like they did to Wheel of Fortune?

Edited by RavTH

It’s a “fishing” event not a free give away. Dunno if you actually know fishing but it’s meant to train and improve your concentration. It’s a decent event, and the loots are very rewarding. I’ve got 4 oils and 2 divine stones so far 

18 hours ago, HateMe said:

If you go to use a hook and then you are conscious enough to press F and then "you dont pay attention" thats more of a YOU problem the a game problem.

The only thing i can think off why it is like this is because in similar cases people would just press F and leave the rward window open, blocking others from using it and making them unable to participate.

Have you heard about something called lag spikes? Common sense would tell you lag spikes last WAY more than 5sec.

Lol blocking window open? I have no idea what you're talking about. Were you here for any event that involves spinning a wheel or firing a cannon? If you weren't, you wouldn't know those events the items go directly into your inventory without any unnecessary input. They clearly have the code or whatever to implement this but for whatever weird reason decided to "spice things up" aka add an annoyance.

Edited by PetPuggi
  • Like 2

Exactly! I wasn't able to get my divine gracestone in time due to lag and after 5 seconds it was too late. Unforeseen issues DO happen and it's pretty ridiculous that your item would disappear because of something out of your control. What were the devs thinking??!

It seems that NCSoft just hasn't learned from past failed events that this kind of thing only creates more trouble in the long run. There's no justification for this kind of time limited system when other BETTER events didn't need it.

On 26/07/2018 at 3:40 PM, Whale af said:

It’s a “fishing” event not a free give away. Dunno if you actually know fishing but it’s meant to train and improve your concentration. It’s a decent event, and the loots are very rewarding. I’ve got 4 oils and 2 divine stones so far 

lol you tried, but that's not the point.

Call it whatever you want, all see is a more bitter player base over mechanic that's absolutely pointless and only meant to be an annoyance.

Honestly this game is becoming a test of patience. 

Monster Hunter World Aug. 9th...

If you are unable to pay attention for 5 seconds there is no nice word to leave here honestly, what ppl complain about is insane.
This event is by far the newbe friendliest event with a big reward in a long time, everyone can do it and its so easy and fast.
And you still complain about it.
Disgusting community.

6 hours ago, Corvenir said:

Call it whatever you want, all see is a more bitter player base over mechanic that's absolutely pointless and only meant to be an annoyance.

Honestly this game is becoming a test of patience. 

Monster Hunter World Aug. 9th...

God Eater3 > Monster Hunter

20 hours ago, Enfrax said:

If you are unable to pay attention for 5 seconds there is no nice word to leave here honestly, what ppl complain about is insane.
This event is by far the newbe friendliest event with a big reward in a long time, everyone can do it and its so easy and fast.
And you still complain about it.
Disgusting community.

Have ever heard of the quote "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? I'm betting no. I'm also betting you never heard of lag spikes either.

Give me ONE reason why this completely unnecessary "feature" was implemented? I'm betting you can't, just like you can't give one reason the spinning wheels at Foshi Pyres don't have this retarded mechanic.

• Is it fun? No.
  • Does it test your skills? No.
  • Does it improve gameplay in any way? No.
  • Is it the player's fault or short attention span that lag spike happened right during fishing however rare that may be? No.
  • Is it an utterly useless and completely unnecessary thing that causes annoyances? Yes.

Conclusion from above? How about, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Edited by PetPuggi