How to get worse but stable ping?

yoM

Most of the time I get 100~120ms which is good enough for me. However, occasionally it drops below 80ms especially when in F12 where I test my DPS and setup my macro. When it drops below 100ms it messes things up as you can imagine. To me, being at stable 120ms I can do way more DPS than sometimes 120ms sometimes 60ms. Is there any way I can make it stable at 100~120ms?

To stabilize ping and increase DPS, you have to use ping tool - pingzapper, WTFast, Noping, Exitlag, mudfish, etc... Which one of these you should use depends on you. I've personally tested pingzapper, exitlag and both of these are very good. Some of them come with a few days free trial so you can test and see for yourself.

If you can't or don't want to use ping tool, then try stand still while doing dps. Your ping fluctuates whenever you move and attack at the same time (in whichever direction, whether strafe left right or forward backward). So you can negate a significant chunk of ping spiking by just standing still. However, if you are a melee or tank then, well...

5 minutes ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

To stabilize ping and increase DPS, you have to use ping tool - pingzapper, WTFast, Noping, Exitlag, mudfish, etc... Which one of these you should use depends on you. I've personally tested pingzapper, exitlag and both of these are very good. Some of them come with a few days free trial so you can test and see for yourself.

If you can't or don't want to use ping tool, then try stand still while doing dps. Your ping fluctuates whenever you move and attack at the same time (in whichever direction, whether strafe left right or forward backward). So you can negate a significant chunk of ping spiking by just standing still. However, if you are a melee or tank then, well...

A player shouldn't use 3rd party tools, NC should just get better servers / a better Provider(so that routing gets better / more direct).

And the proof's in the pudding. You yourself wrote that "just stay still, the server goes haywire if you try to move and attack". Which clearly indicates that it's an issue on their end, not on ours. And I'm willing to bet that it's something to do with servers - now, whether software or hardware is very difficult to ascertain, but my nose tells me it is software.

I

10 minutes ago, hrwd said:

A player shouldn't use 3rd party tools, NC should just get better servers / a better Provider(so that routing gets better / more direct).

And the proof's in the pudding. You yourself wrote that "just stay still, the server goes haywire if you try to move and attack". Which clearly indicates that it's an issue on their end, not on ours. And I'm willing to bet that it's something to do with servers - now, whether software or hardware is very difficult to ascertain, but my nose tells me it is software.

Yes I know, but after years of complaining and giving feedback (the game is 2.5 year old now), nothing has changed. So if you like the game and want to keep playing it, those are your only choices. Pretty much can't expect anything from NC at this point.

Everybody knows this game has out-of-date engine and netcode. That's why people are hoping that the engine upgrade to unreal 4 would fix these problems.

And I replied like that because OP wants some advice. If OP just wants to rant in the form of a rhetorical question I'd have stayed far away from the thread. 

Archived