Battleground match making is broken (with evidence)

qqqq1

https://ibb.co/meMJDo

since no one has taken the time out to expose the bg match making that bns keep over looking heres a match ive been in i was on the losing team sadly,

3 dragon forg

2 ascendant

1 raven

vs

1 dragon forg

1 ascendant

2 raven

2 galaxy weapon

don't believe see the image link https://ibb.co/meMJDo,  now you tell me ,how on earth should the low gear team win, relying on 1 dragon forg to carry them through 3 dragon forges, the whole team got blowed up in 5 sec on entering the middle of beluga , this is the main reason y people afk in battleground bns knows it but tries to ignore it, people will still afk in bg points or no points if your losing not like your getting any points any ways.

Well, match making of 6v6 being broken is very old news at this point... Many people've made videos, with evidence, etc... about it for months now to no avail. 

One of the main reasons is that the number of players that play 6v6 is too small. NC has been trying to reduce price of 6v6 pvp weapon but still people won't play it. This is due to many people don't like pvp (they are bad at it and they don't feel like trying to improve, or dislike competition) or that, even with price reduction, gears are still expensive - people already burn their resources on their PvE weapon, so PvP weapon is out of question, etc... Gear disparity is real too....

Another big reason to do 6v6 is moonstones. But old players who actively do 6v6 already ran out of keys a long time ago and they don't get many keys doing dailies - many have suggested 6v6 keys being available for battlepoints but well... New players with keys want to get moonstones go into 6v6 only to get hate because they don't have gears (they are new, duh) and thus just get killed and feed points to the enemies. 

There are many problems with 6v6, but pretty much all of them can be traced back to the main reason: there are too few players playing the mode.

7 minutes ago, Djabamiad said:

its not broken !
its never existed !!

2 years ppl cry about battleground match making.
Ncsoft just don't care 
now its more unbalance, low gear are 1 shot.. (by Pve stuff raid Yeahhh)

There was a time when 6v6 wasn't as broken as much as now, and that was before BT - before Raven weapons and raven accessories with their elemental damage wreaking havoc to the stats balance. Eversince BT release, 6v6 has never really recovered since then. 

Back then, all you needed was 5 pieces of PVP shield, and maybe a galaxy stage 4 and you are good. There was no 1 shot thing (true soul, VT badge) like now...

Doesn't the Matchmaking go off of individual ranking, rather than gear?

Statistically over time with a big enough player pool, Dragonforge players should develope higher rankings than weaker geared players (on average).

There will always be outliers (dragon forge guy starting at 1300 that hasn't played a match this season, lucky guy who got supreme teams and won a bunch of matches, not many queueing and the matchmaking sucking a gold into a bronze match, etc.)  A larger player pool of people queuing helps normalize the curve.

indeed; if they wanted to help boost pvp they need to completely remove the need for pve to get PVP gear. Like introducing PVP exclusive mats that can be obtained from battleground and arena. all while keeping the PVE items that can be obtained from PVP.
atm the system drives PVP players to do PVE. We need a system to make PVE players do PVP

what they need to is , any weapon you queue for bg with thats the weapon your stuck with,

class 1 weapon 

aransu -dragon forg

class 2

raven - asc

class 3

baleful..seraph

for queuers under 1400

you hit lfp

says found party members (dont show u your team mates yet ), sorting party members by class weapons and then boom you get a party

i mean for 1300- 1400 it will do justice but for 1400 and above you be getting gold people so...sorting by ranking is cool there

all i gotta say is the game is too heavy geared on pvp items to be taking the same procedure as 2016 bns match making into place,

even in 3v3 i see 3 bronze getting 3 silver but thats another story and tag match is dead ....so scratch that

if they gonna have the same half bake match making system people will forever afk, its better than getting farmed, case most cases its pointless u die before u can do a hit cause whale vs low gear you team dead is 2 sec , your left to get stepped on. so many people are frustrated.

asked my friend to do do bg with me once she said, if she doesnt have bg badge, makes no sense doing it every time she stuck carrying low geared and stuck on 6 losing streak , now a day within the first 1 minute of the game its a clear picture who is gonna win , i remember this guy said dont worry going down 4 dragon forg vs us ravens and galaxy ..lol same time someone dc from game then followed by 2 more people lol

17 minutes ago, RagingPhenix said:

indeed; if they wanted to help boost pvp they need to completely remove the need for pve to get PVP gear. Like introducing PVP exclusive mats that can be obtained from battleground and arena. all while keeping the PVE items that can be obtained from PVP.
atm the system drives PVP players to do PVE. We need a system to make PVE players do PVP

No, we don't. Most PVE players have no desire to PVP and forcing them to do so will make the game bleed players more than it already is. What we need is to separate both completely.

35 minutes ago, Souba said:

No, we don't. Most PVE players have no desire to PVP and forcing them to do so will make the game bleed players more than it already is. What we need is to separate both completely.

i think he's just making a point of how it would be if you force PVE players to do PVP, and your reaction is the perfect exemple for that, as there is people who do PVE and hate doing PVP, there is also people who does PVP and hate doing PVE, that's why they should make pvp accessories obtainable through PVP.

1 minute ago, Yaory said:

i think he's just making a point of how it would be if you force PVE players to do PVP, and your reaction is the perfect exemple for that, as there is people who do PVE and hate doing PVP, there is also people who does PVP and hate doing PVE, that's why they should make pvp accessories obtainable through PVP.

I agree with you then, because the two need to be separated completely- including skill sets and gear effects. Really tired of having PVE influenced by PVP nerfs. The way both systems are implemented in the game are just lazy on the part of NCSoft. (And I can fully understand that a PVPer wouldn't want to PVE- If you guys hate PVE as much as I hate PVP then they really do need to consider better options)

@

4 hours ago, Souba said:

I agree with you then, because the two need to be separated completely- including skill sets and gear effects. Really tired of having PVE influenced by PVP nerfs. The way both systems are implemented in the game are just lazy on the part of NCSoft. (And I can fully understand that a PVPer wouldn't want to PVE- If you guys hate PVE as much as I hate PVP then they really do need to consider better options)

basically I was suggesting removing PVP gear from PVE content completely so that PVP'ers aren't being forced to PVE and making some PVE items available from PVP.
As I said "atm the system drives PVP players to do PVE. We need a system to make PVE players do PVP".
I by no means want PVE items to come exclusively from PVP (altho that seems to be the only way to get a psyche due to the scarce HM runs, but that's another issue).
I'm thinking more like a celestial basin sort of deal but more geared for endgame (battle blood/zen beans for mat chests, aransu orbs, blood pearls etc). Personally I find that PVE is far too monotonous to farm. PVP is much more entertaining to do over and over.

They don't care. I already submitted tickets with matchmaking with multiple screenshots. They just reply with a generic message and then give a link to forum and say go post there. So that we can ignore you without actually doing anything about it.

Archived