Forums

In Game LATENCY/HIGH MS

xPassions

In the past week i've been experiencing alot of high ms periods in the game, my regular ms is around 90-120 and as of late it jump even over 300 and its ruining my game. I've also discussed this with a couple of my friends and some of them are experiencing the same thing. I'm just curious is this something related to the region or ISP? I even reset my internet options and router and still without any success, my internet is good, should i be doing a traceroute to go even further with this?

PING ms

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

On 7/23/2018 at 7:25 PM, xPassions said:

In the past week i've been experiencing alot of high ms periods in the game, my regular ms is around 90-120 and as of late it jump even over 300 and its ruining my game. I've also discussed this with a couple of my friends and some of them are experiencing the same thing. I'm just curious is this something related to the region or ISP? I even reset my internet options and router and still without any success, my internet is good, should i be doing a traceroute to go even further with this?

PING ms

DOWNLOAD Mbps

UPLOAD Mbps

Well I used to get 150-200ms before now it is around 250-350 range.

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, so many people have these issues..
Ping from buddy looks fine, but ingame its ridiculous...
Constant ping spikes, constant lags.
Been like this for ages now, basically since server merge/new servers..
But people stay in denial and blame everyones internet.. 
Even though we can ping everything else with single digit numbers 

Two things contribute to latency -- "network ping time", and the other -- varies by what you are doing -- server processing time.

Most of the delays I see are due to more complex dynamics (battles) with several people.  All those people interactions have to be computed on the server.  That along with damage, people, force and projectile intersections...etc.

So if something like debug was turned on in the server code (probably an extreme example), it would really add to latency even though 'frame-rate' is normal or fine.

Most of the time, the ISP has little to do with it -- which can be verified by either pinging the server or seeing the ping time broken down with something like bnsbuddy or 'wireshark' that can look at round trip times for packets.

Archived