New players wont be able to complete weekly Challenge

Nenuviel

For those who watch the stream you notice that they have increase the number require to complete the weekly challenge because they added the 2 new raids... From what they said on the stream about these new raids is that you need to have decent/high gear in order to complete... And im already thinking ahead people putting over requirements to enter a party so new players aswell as alts not that gear wont be joining... So that will leave a player 3/4 to complete the weekly... 

The only way i can see new players pass that its to do 6v6 wich lets be honest its a whale playground and im seeing that player hating and raging and even quiting the game cause he gets one shot kill and not being able to complete the weekly challenge unless he spents hours on queue losing match after match untill he gets lucky and has a whale in his party.

Don´t increase the requirement for the weekly seriously you are pushing away new players.. old players have gear they can and they want to do it so its indiferent but lower players cant 

Even old one may have bit of problem too.  :x

What needed now is people actually willing to take the learning run :tmi:  Guides are there, vids are there.. but those need to be put in practice.  The practice part is alot of people seems forgetting. I really want to put bullet through skull of those saying "read the guides" without actually willing to do the practice part and accepts that people do make mistakes.

I agree with you that the fresh new players who just finished the main quest are very likely not be able to finish two new coming raids (thus not completing the weekly challenge) in the first few weeks. Let's check out what they will miss if they only do SF, FAS, and DKV for a month (four weeks): 12 Raven Feather, 12 Hive Queen Wings, 800K XP, 48-88 bounded soulstones and bounded sacred orbs, 12-20 bounded moonstones, and 12-20 bounded elysian orbs, 12-40 raid elixir, and 12 raid revival charms. I am not counting the trad-able mats as NC promised to shift them to daily challenge which I am pretty sure every new play can complete every day.

Take a look at those loss, and see what NC offer as solutions to each of those: Raven Feather and Hive Queen Wings will be obtainable from solar energy and to be honest weekly challenge rewards are never the main source to obtain those mats anyway for every player. 800K XP are nothing compare to the new 1m XP charms (that are very easy to get) that made very clearly toward players that are below H.M. 12 (which includes the fresh new players). I do not know what NC will do to for the missing bounded mats there, even though those are very small amount of mats in terms for a month. The raid elixir and raid revival charms are useless for the fresh new players at this moment, or should I say when the new players find they need raid elixir and raid revival charms to complete VT/TT they must be able to complete the weekly challenges at that time and they are not "new players" anymore.

Overall it's sad to see that the fresh new players are not able to complete the weekly challenges in the first month. Luckily they do not loss much for not completing them (for a month).

P.S. When I say a month I mean finish daily challenges 30 times which will take you less than 30 minutes a day in a calendar month.

18 minutes ago, Nenuviel said:

The issue its not the mechs its the gear requirement, if they said on the stream that you actually need gear for it i imagine the community putting even higher requirements that is needed for it

Yeah, though they never really said what kind of gear.  Unfortunately for this requirement related issue there are no real solution except people actually try being sane and tried recruit party taking everyone regardless of gear.  and i wish i would not be alone in this respect.

But since i believe there are those who will say "make your own party" I'll tell what it takes to actually do the weekly which unfortunately alot of old and new people tend to overlook and that kinda irritates me. 

Today I learned the "P" button. And as a new player it amazed me how the community wants ~200 more AP for the dungeons which system recommends me. And yes, I didn't complete weekly even once (so far). So making it harder definitely won't be of a help.

weekly challenge will be keep being only 3 "plebs" raids or 6v6 quests, no need make all 5 plebs Raids, we can keep doing SjS, FAS and DKV to get weekly challenge done.

ps: will be 4 quest to weekly challenge (watch video again to make sure)

suRBaiu.jpg

17 minutes ago, Nomade13 said:

weekly challenge will be keep being only 3 "plebs" raids or 6v6 quests, no need make all 5 plebs Raids, we can keep doing SjS, FAS and DKV to get weekly challenge done.

ps: will be 4 quest to weekly challenge (watch video again to make sure)

You realize you did proof yourself wrong?^^

I think you guys might just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ your pants too early the guys doing the stream have no clue about the game itself. Probably those new pleb raids won't be much harder than the existing ones.

3 hours ago, Cor said:

I think you guys might just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ your pants too early the guys doing the stream have no clue about the game itself. Probably those new pleb raids won't be much harder than the existing ones.

As long as people do listen. and patient then it would give the best experience to all. 

Which i see kinda rare.

1st one dung with tt boss 1 might be easiest of these new dungs as you need only 4 ppl to do bomb carriar. As for boss 2 all pt needs to do mech every single on which means its will be hard with majority of pugs when ppl cant even kd boss on FAS a lot of times.

If you are new player and no money above 100USD as starting fund.. don't bother playing this game. Will take forever to reach average player base.

By the time you reach that there be new equips and your equip will be obsolete and getting kicked out from F8 party.

Next week in Blade & Visa LLC:

"/f  WTS Weekly Raid run 100g apply!!"

New Player's Pc:

"-Are you sure you want to unistall Blade & Soul?  [Yes]"

Tard "community":

"-Game is dead, only whales play now. They recruit nobody, we can't progress unless we buy raid runs for 2000g!!"

--Proceeds to acc selling website--

11 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Yeah, though they never really said what kind of gear.  Unfortunately for this requirement related issue there are no real solution except people actually try being sane and tried recruit party taking everyone regardless of gear.  and i wish i would not be alone in this respect.

But since i believe there are those who will say "make your own party" I'll tell what it takes to actually do the weekly which unfortunately alot of old and new people tend to overlook and that kinda irritates me. 

I see way more recruits without AP reqs than with... basically every geared main won't care about others' gear.

8 hours ago, Gratus said:

I see way more recruits without AP reqs than with... basically every geared main won't care about others' gear.

On Wednesdays, when there's lots of recruit notices, I still see more with AP/gear requirements, than without. Although that's right now, due to the kind of raids we're doing right now for the Weekly Challenge, after the next patch to do the Weekly Challenge we'd need to do one extra task, and the only other raids on the list look to be the two new ones they're adding next patch, which sounds like you'd need to be fairly geared to do. What people are expecting is that the new standard weekly trains will include one, or both of those, which means the standard demands for the weekly trains will increase, so less people will be able to do the Weekly Challenge. On top of that, based on what they said, to make the same amount of gold, and marketable materials after the next patch, we'd need to be able to do both the Daily Challenge, and Weekly Challenge, as the gold, and marketable materials being put into the Daily Challenge, are just being transferred from the Weekly Challenge, not added to the Daily Challenge

On 7/22/2018 at 3:03 PM, Gratus said:

Because i also do it that way. No 1.1K BS or anything whenever i recruit for weeklies.

The problem now is the new pleb raid and we all know everyone need Practice.  My worries is will people actually willing to preserve through the learning process ? 

Will those who know patient enough to teach and explain ? I'll be honest it took Noah's level of patience to teach Pugs. Something i could do but will people willing to stay. There is nothing more demotivating seeing people left after just 1 wipe.

4 hours ago, Cor said:

Look at the dps meter, 2-3 geared people and rest can be plebs. Just like expected you all make panic over nothing.

No matter how simple people want to say some dungeon is, if there's more to it than just simple DPSing, the typical response is to demand very high stats/gear from people. I just looked at a guide to one of the two, there's various cases where if you don't do something, you instantly die, and with B&S, being B&S, it doesn't really make it clear what it expects you to do, you're just suppose to magically know. Then if there are opportunities to troll, there will be those that want to purposely do so, like in DKV where there can be people with restrain that walk the boss over to the side, so that some people will hit the blobs when they already have poison protection, which will kill them.

3 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

The problem now is the new pleb raid and we all know everyone need Practice.  My worries is will people actually willing to preserve through the learning process ? 

Will those who know patient enough to teach and explain ? I'll be honest it took Noah's level of patience to teach Pugs. Something i could do but will people willing to stay. There is nothing more demotivating seeing people left after just 1 wipe.

You can pretty much bank on a lot of people bailing after a wipe, or the like which is blamed on people not knowing what to do, you always see that, plus a lot of cursing at people for being useless, and the like. People are also always in a huge rush, so new people will need time to get used to things, be told how things work, and such, but there are those that have no patience for explaining things, can't wait for others to arrive at a boss, or even to wait for the tank to start, they just just want to charge ahead, then blame everyone else if things go bad.

3 hours ago, Why Bother said:

No matter how simple people want to say some dungeon is, if there's more to it than just simple DPSing, the typical response is to demand very high stats/gear from people.

There is not more to it than the existing ones, there is no mechanic that needs many people which causes a wipe when failed. If i see that right from how it's written in the guide you need just a single person who does it right and there won't be a complete wipe and the people who die can just respawn and come back to the boss.

19 hours ago, Cor said:

There is not more to it than the existing ones, there is no mechanic that needs many people which causes a wipe when failed. If i see that right from how it's written in the guide you need just a single person who does it right and there won't be a complete wipe and the people who die can just respawn and come back to the boss.

Ok, I'll start by illustrating my point with a recent example. Just this last Wednesday I joined a weekly train that I'm pretty sure even said 1k AP+ as a requirement, although once it was full, and I looked, only three, or four of us had over 1k AP, with some even having less than 900 AP. The one, or two most geared people then left before it even started, likely as they saw how low the stats, and gear of much of the group were, and they were replaced by more sub 1k AP people. Now the only people with over 1k AP was my Raven 3 lightning assassin with about 1050+ AP, and a force master with about the same, with us as the reluctant DPS tanks we managed to get through Snowjade Fortress, but since it was another group that couldn't manage to knock down the thrall in Fallen Aransu School, people then just kept getting killed constantly, until it eventually enraged, the raid was wiped, and it took less than a minute for everyone to leave the raid.

I'm sure we've all been in random weekly trains where people couldn't seem to KD the thrall, but as the group had excessive DPS, could power through, and still finish it, which is why people tend to make high demands for random groups. Dawn of Khanda Vihar is Act VI content, and these days it's not uncommon to get through it without anyone getting killed, so long as there's no trolls purposely trying to screw things up, as not only is it not too mechanically difficult, the typical gear people have these days makes it much easier. Snowjade Fortress, and Fallen Aransu School are Act VII content, so having a group with at least any stage of Raven weapons, and over 1k AP makes things much easier, as even if people screw up, with that sort of DPS, it will be over pretty quickly. The two new mini-raids are Act VIII content, so the stat/gear requirements to get through that comfortably will of course be higher still, so I'd expect something around higher stage Raven, or even Aransu weapons being rather common demands, as well as more people wanting 1.1k+ AP.

Now based on how badly they seem to want us out of anything associated with the Baleful/Seraph line, other such changes, and the general progression of story quest rewards since Act VII, I rather expect the Baleful/Seraph line will be pretty much phased out, and the current tier two weapon lines, will effectively be the new tier one weapons. Had they not increased the number of required weekly tasks to four until after Act IX, I imagine people would have been better off, but by doing it now, there likely will be a lot more people/characters that won't be able to get the weeklies done.

1 hour ago, Why Bother said:

Ok, I'll start by illustrating my point with a recent example. Just this last Wednesday I joined a weekly train that I'm pretty sure even said 1k AP+ as a requirement, although once it was full, and I looked, only three, or four of us had over 1k AP, with some even having less than 900 AP. The one, or two most geared people then left before it even started, likely as they saw how low the stats, and gear of much of the group were, and they were replaced by more sub 1k AP people. Now the only people with over 1k AP was my Raven 3 lightning assassin with about 1050+ AP, and a force master with about the same, with us as the reluctant DPS tanks we managed to get through Snowjade Fortress, but since it was another group that couldn't manage to knock down the thrall in Fallen Aransu School, people then just kept getting killed constantly, until it eventually enraged, the raid was wiped, and it took less than a minute for everyone to leave the raid.

I'm sure we've all been in random weekly trains where people couldn't seem to KD the thrall, but as the group had excessive DPS, could power through, and still finish it, which is why people tend to make high demands for random groups. Dawn of Khanda Vihar is Act VI content, and these days it's not uncommon to get through it without anyone getting killed, so long as there's no trolls purposely trying to screw things up, as not only is it not too mechanically difficult, the typical gear people have these days makes it much easier. Snowjade Fortress, and Fallen Aransu School are Act VII content, so having a group with at least any stage of Raven weapons, and over 1k AP makes things much easier, as even if people screw up, with that sort of DPS, it will be over pretty quickly. The two new mini-raids are Act VIII content, so the stat/gear requirements to get through that comfortably will of course be higher still, so I'd expect something around higher stage Raven, or even Aransu weapons being rather common demands, as well as more people wanting 1.1k+ AP.

Now based on how badly they seem to want us out of anything associated with the Baleful/Seraph line, other such changes, and the general progression of story quest rewards since Act VII, I rather expect the Baleful/Seraph line will be pretty much phased out, and the current tier two weapon lines, will effectively be the new tier one weapons. Had they not increased the number of required weekly tasks to four until after Act IX, I imagine people would have been better off, but by doing it now, there likely will be a lot more people/characters that won't be able to get the weeklies done.

What people want and what is needed are two different things. We will probably see more 1.1k demands in the beginning just because people want to filter out the people who have no clue and are just dead weight. But this isn't different to the previous raids it was the same back then especially in fas people died lots in the beginning. Fact is those two raids aren't much harder than the existing ones and you can have majority of people with bale/seraph and still get through. It's the same everytime, at the beginning when people have no clue it can be a pain in the ass and later when you have mostly people who know how it works it gets easier. I also think changing weekly to require 4 quests is a dumb change but complaining that people can't do it because the new raids are to hard is just nonsense.

Well, I didn't bother with weeklies yet, but according to the info in game, we only need to do three tasks, not four, so I guess they heard us, and decided to at least put off making it require four tasks for a while.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:30 PM, Cor said:

What people want and what is needed are two different things. We will probably see more 1.1k demands in the beginning just because people want to filter out the people who have no clue and are just dead weight. But this isn't different to the previous raids it was the same back then especially in fas people died lots in the beginning. Fact is those two raids aren't much harder than the existing ones and you can have majority of people with bale/seraph and still get through. It's the same everytime, at the beginning when people have no clue it can be a pain in the ass and later when you have mostly people who know how it works it gets easier. I also think changing weekly to require 4 quests is a dumb change but complaining that people can't do it because the new raids are to hard is just nonsense.

This is the community I frequently see demand 1.1k AP for Naryu Sanctum. Then NCSoft said they were making changes to gold, and marketable material gains between the daily, and weekly challenges as some had difficulties doing the Act VI, and Act VII mini-raids already.

Also based on what you had said here in this thread, it sounds like you were basing your opinion that they weren't any harder than the Act VII mini-raids on YouTube videos, and the like, as you had not yet done them. It just doesn't really make sense that the Act VIII ones, wouldn't be any measurable amount more difficult than the Act VII ones, especially given the difference between the Act VI, and Act VII ones. To those that have done the new Act VIII mini-raids, would you say they aren't any harder, or that they would be harder, and require better geared groups than the Act VII ones?

Archived