Has Someone Done the Math on The Pet?

CastielSeven

Yep, someone did the math. I believe that, if you do the event to it's fullest, you can earn about 150 upgrade items... but you only need 83 to upgrade the pet to it's final form (to trade for the permanent version). Also, there is no failure chance like the Rising Soul event, so it's a flat number.

Essentially, you can get almost double the needed materials.

53 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

Yep, someone did the math. I believe that, if you do the event to it's fullest, you can earn about 150 upgrade items... but you only need 83 to upgrade the pet to it's final form (to trade for the permanent version). Also, there is no failure chance like the Rising Soul event, so it's a flat number.

Essentially, you can get almost double the needed materials.

Actually, I ran the numbers, and yours seem off. Based on the stream, and event page it looks like we only get one hook a day from the event dungeon, so that gives 2 oil a day, 3 from the Daily Challenge, and 11 from doing the three lower weekly raids, it works out to 138 oils at the most. Then to get the final upgrade you'd need 75 gold, and 89 oils (3 for the initial item, followed by 5 at stages 1&2, 8 at stages 3&4, 10 at stage 5, and 50 for stage 6).  If you were to do just the Daily Challenge, and the event dungeon, that will be 105 oils, which is all I feel like doing, to hell with the weeklies, as since we need to do four from that list now, I'll likely never finish it anyhow, and I'm getting increasingly fed up with B&S.

These events would be more helpful if they weren't all or nothing. It is great that NCsoft wants to help peeps out but for those that are casual players that have a life outside of B&S and don't play everyday do to work, family etc and can't farm all the needed items it's just no help at all.
It would be so much better if you could evolve your item as best you can playing as often you are able and not have to worry about getting it to a certain lvl and if you don't all the time spent is wasted.

6 hours ago, Drakor said:

These events would be more helpful if they weren't all or nothing. It is great that NCsoft wants to help peeps out but for those that are casual players that have a life outside of B&S and don't play everyday do to work, family etc and can't farm all the needed items it's just no help at all.
It would be so much better if you could evolve your item as best you can playing as often you are able and not have to worry about getting it to a certain lvl and if you don't all the time spent is wasted.

You can buy oil and other things so it never is completly wasted.

Archived