False idols : Merchant of Wonders in Hard Difficulty Dungeons!!

Messala

In past time the merchant of wonders was for all players in NM Dungeons.

Some players are not used to playing Hard Difficulty Dungeons ... Only thing they'll need is the fat DPS.

With false idols patch, some people will be unhappy, cuz no merchant of wonders for them!! Why not?? 

That is not a good idea, only 3 weeks before "battle of Azeroth".

You don't need whale dps to do current HM dungeons, not even close. What you do need in a low dps party is for everyone to know the mechanics and to execute them.

They (the devs) are just trying to get people to do more hardmode dungeons. Sure low dps runs are a pain in f8 right now, but *if* people started doing them regardless, we'd end up into a situation where random groups could clear HM dungeons consistently even without whale dps. Apart from SST, they're not harder than old DT or Masts 4man.

edit: and some of the HM dungeons don't even need the whole party to know more than the basics of the mechs. Most of them just need 3-4 people to know what they're doing and the rest to know just enough to not wipe the party.

I mean c'mon. We get upgrade pet and weapon event which both are be pretty irrelevant for whales because they have their upgraded pets and weapon already, so it's an event for non-whale player yet not a single whale complains about it. While the Merchant of Wonders is a bit more focused for the whales, but not impossible for non-whales too. You shouldn't be complaining to be honest.

Is this Merchant of Wonders for hard mode dungeons an event... or is it an addition to hard mode dungeons permanently? Because I got the impression that they're adding Merchant of Wonders to HM dungeons as a feature (perhaps bringing the merchant out later for NM dungeons for events).

23 minutes ago, SilverFoxR said:

Is this Merchant of Wonders for hard mode dungeons an event... or is it an addition to hard mode dungeons permanently? Because I got the impression that they're adding Merchant of Wonders to HM dungeons as a feature (perhaps bringing the merchant out later for NM dungeons for events).

From reading the update page it seems like the merchant is here to stay, it's not part of an event but part of the big patch update next week so... 

He isn't exactly permanent, but he's also not an event. So give it a couple months.

4 hours ago, Messala said:

In past time the merchant of wonders was for all players in NM Dungeons.

Some players are not used to playing Hard Difficulty Dungeons ... Only thing they'll need is the fat DPS.

With false idols patch, some people will be unhappy, cuz no merchant of wonders for them!! Why not?? 

That is not a good idea, only 3 weeks before "battle of Azeroth".

The entire reason they put Merchant of Wonders in hard mode dungeons, is to make hard mode actually worth running, as opposed to normal mode. Hope that answers your question. Don't think there's any need to argue beyond that. Doubt this Merchant of Wonders will block out any actual Merchant of Wonders event this year.

I got no problem with putting him into hard mode. Makes hard mode worth running, looking forward to it and wipe a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ton at it. :) 

Only thing this shafts is the people who dont have any friends whatsoever cause the main important thing for those is coordination. Which is goddamned rare in pugs. Like, when was the last time you saw people do samsia or iron monkey properly without anyone dying and without so much dps the mechs flat out dont matter? Yeah.

12 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

ITs not really an event its kinda an addition. Plus they mentioned he has a very low chance to spawn so out of 10 hard mode runs you might only see him 1 time.

how to make HM worth it ? guarantied psyche from dynamic. Otherwise ditch the concept of HM and bring back 4 man. Removing 4 man was the worse mistake of all time, From day one the only dungeons that got run in HM where the ones that were in 4 man (EC DT NF). I remember 1/5 F8 recruitment posts being for 4 man, now bigfoot is seen more often than HM posts, and when there is one it takes almost an hour to fill and even longer to clear. **** this crap.

11 minutes ago, RagingPhenix said:

how to make HM worth it ? guarantied psyche from dynamic. Otherwise ditch the concept of HM and bring back 4 man. Removing 4 man was the worse mistake of all time, From day one the only dungeons that got run in HM where the ones that were in 4 man (EC DT NF). I remember 1/5 F8 recruitment posts being for 4 man, now bigfoot is seen more often than HM posts, and when there is one it takes almost an hour to fill and even longer to clear. **** this crap.

Because people dont F8 hard mode runs. They recruit on the server or go with clan members or with friends. Trying to get a hard mode in F8 together is like suicide.

Plus 4 man was the equivalent of hard mode back in the day, People mostly dont do them because there is no point to it.

As for the psyche i am sure we will get a transmute option for it like one of the other regions did where you transmute 5 pet pods into a heoric and some other stuff to a legendary psyche.

they keep pushing hm exclusive content to try and get people to run HM. However since people can usually do multiple NM runs in the time it takes for 1 HM; normal mode is actually more rewarding. In my opinion HM is like doing a 6 man version of VT without the guarantied loot.

compared to before with 6 man mode dungeons being harder than the current NM content and 4 man being essentially the same only requiring the mechs to be done 4 man, thus inherently more rewarding if something did drop as it was split 4 ways not 6

Not trying to be rude, but some of the responses here are pretty embarrassing.

You don't need whale dps for a good 3 of those HMs.

You're forgetting those came out when the highest tier gear we had was Raven king lmao

That means back then the whales were like Raven 6 while the rest of us were Baleful 9 and we STILL cleared those Hardmodes

If we could clear them with Baleful-Raven 6, you guy can too

Stop being spoiled, stop crying and demanding you get every tiny thing with NO effort whatsoever

When we played, we HAD to do Hardmodes. Hardmodes were basically phased out to make it easier to gear fast so newer players could catch up easier + legendary things shifted to primarily coming from raiding anyway (for PvE anyway). But just because they were phased out like that doesn't mean they're impossible to do.

Just learn the mechanics.

My advice to NC about the merchant though as someone who runs a lot of HMs;

Please add new costumes to merchant. Old things we could care less about, we already have all those.

It's ok to at first put old things, but at some point please put new things that we don't have yet. Because old costumes are absolutely not going to insensitivise any veteran players.

Edit - Also, please raise the drop rate on psyche's. It's seriously seriously low. If it drops once out of every 50 runs, I'm sorry but that's not going to insensitivise a single person either. You have 6 people in a team of friends trying to farm and at that rate only one of them gets one every like week or two. Be realistic. It doesnt have to drop every single time but it shouldn't be once a month like it's a menstruation cycle either.

12 hours ago, LuIius said:

l2p and you get rewarded, the best system tbh.

LoL  very funny! >>  in the lobby, for HM runs, RL ask not only skill but high gear 1,2 k . 

in past time, we got several events with merchants of wonders, who was random pop in Normal Mode dungeons.  All people was very very happy to meet him.

Now our game change, and only whales will be happy.

2 hours ago, Messala said:

LoL  very funny! >>  in the lobby, for HM runs, RL ask not only skill but high gear 1,2 k . 

in past time, we got several events with merchants of wonders, who was random pop in Normal Mode dungeons.  All people was very very happy to meet him.

[content deleted by Amraith] The lower dungeons that the merchant will spawn in are so damn old you don't need whale gear to clear them. Like Showta already wrote people cleared them back then with bale/raven if you can't do it it's entirely your own fault because you don't put in the effort.

Also i think people are overrating the merchant, the last times we had it as event he had to 90% only trash to sell so i really doubt that it will pull more people into running hm.

5 hours ago, Messala said:

you could host the parties yourself, works as well, I know requirements for basically anything is about 100 ap too high, but giving nm merchant wouldn't make people run more hm, it would make people multirun nm for the merchant. ncwest are aiming towards making hm worth while, that's the only way you're gonna have people running hm, and your reaction is what they want as well, they want the average player to be interested in hm as well.

Archived