[NEWS] False Idols: Items and Systems Preview

Bronn

• NCSOFT

The Blade & Soul: False Idols update goes live in just over a week, and with it a number of impactful itemization and systems changes are being made. Check out the highlights in the linked article, and stay tuned for the full patch notes going live the day before the update releases on July 25.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/false-idols-items-and-systems-preview/

What if someone disconnects from battleground while dead? My client sometimes crashes when I respawn, and if there are noone on the server to resurrect me, I can't rejoin the party while dead. Can you do something about that? Pressing 4 makes me automaticaly decline the rejoin.

All in all, these are great changes, thank you :)

Nice one NCsolf just reduce all the tradeable material in the game. In fact, just remove them it not like we need the tradeable material to craft Premium Transformation Stone, Transformation Stone or Empyrean Spirit Stone noooooooooo not at all. Thanks, NCsolf :thumbsup:

Reduced the amount of Empyrean Spirit Stone needed to upgrade Riftwalk/Dawnforged Weapon to Storm Dragon/Exalted Weapon from 5 to 2.

Is the upgrade cost only reduced for Rift/Dawn or also for Raven? I really hope so, because if not then this would only be helping Earth Destroyers, which seems pretty unfair to me.

5 hours ago, Baraca CF said:

Merchant of Wonders only for whale players, why i'm not surprised?

4 hours ago, Tekoek0911 said:

Only whales can use merchant of wonders. Really?? ANSWER NOW

Aaaaaaaaactually, this isn't true.
Naryu Sanctum Hardmode, Irontech Forge Hardmode, and Ebondrake Lair Hardmode don't even Aransu to clear
Have to remember these came out forever ago now. Back then we were clearing it just fine with whatever Raven stages we had-which will probably be the same gear a lot of you will have right now. It's absolutely possible. You won't clear it in 10 seconds like you do in normal mode, but you can still clear it.

This is an absolutely needed change because even with the introduction of psyche's (which by the way, have essentially a 0% droprate as I've only seen ONE in all the HM farming I've done since they came out)-even with the addition of those to HMs, people still did not feel a strong pull to run HMs anymore. For those of us who enjoy HMs, it takes so long to find parties that we usually just give up and log out and HMs are the only other content to do aside from raiding or pvp.

So this is a change I'm glad for that I really hope baits more people into finally doing HMs again
No more Normal mode babying, there needs to be a strong pull to get people to actually do HMs again instead of having everything handed to them in NM. And just because you don't have maxed gear doesnt mean you cant do any HMs. It just means you'll have to learn the mechanics.

I am neither a whale nor a try-hard, not even a gamer. I just happen to like BnS. The changes look pretty good to me overall, and as for Merchant of Wonders, I am happy to leave hard mode dungeons to whoever has the will and skill to do them, and I feel fine with them getting some reward for it. 

So, all in all, I think this looks like a nice patch. About time.

5 hours ago, Tekoek0911 said:

Only whales can use merchant of wonders. Really?? ANSWER NOW

5 hours ago, Baraca CF said:

it is the time to stop slaking and play the game at it is best no more hold 1 finger dps :) funny time to learn how to play the game

41 minutes ago, GrimmxD said:

it is the time to stop slaking and play the game at it is best no more hold 1 finger dps :) funny time to learn how to play the game

I'd say the point is to have a game which most can enjoy. You can't force people to do what they don't like or don't have the means (for whatever reason) to do. This patch seems to have a bit of good for everyone, so it works for me. 

58 minutes ago, GrimmxD said:

I play since before WL was released, so no problem for me :) "BUT" I'm just thinking about new players who can barely enter a PT because the game's acephalos do not know how to do mechanics and thanks to that they refuse anyone with less than 1.1k of AP in dgns like IF and EL to do things only with DPS, it's been a long time since the game has been turned into dumb people who do not know how to do mechanics and instead of learning, they prefer to be selecting who will carry them.

PS: I'll love to see the people who advocate this merchant appear only in hard mode after getting angry in the dungeons because of poor game optimization :)

6 hours ago, Baraca CF said:

Who cares? Ppl who run it before will get a little bit more reward and rest will ignore it. It still double rng, you need to spawn it and after that you need some good reward tab.

11 hours ago, Baraca CF said:

I'm just thinking about new players who can barely enter a PT because the game's acephalos do not know how to do mechanics and thanks to that they refuse anyone with less than 1.1k of AP in dgns like IF and EL to do things only with DPS

It's true that most players have become dumb with time, but would you get someone who does not know the mechanics to play hard?
No one is required to do all the DGs, NS is the easiest of all and anyone with 70k of dps can do (as long as he knows the mechanics).
anyone who does not know the mechanics can learn by playing with their clan.

To the GMs I think it's time over, we can link our achievements while we're at F8

11 hours ago, Baraca CF said:

PS: I'll love to see the people who advocate this merchant appear only in hard mode after getting angry in the dungeons because of poor game optimization :)

My clanmate has a potato pc, even though we play hardmode every day, this has never stopped him from being a good player (ability to play hardmode is for who knows how to play, not for those who only complain)

I want to talk about this aspect of the update:

Soulstone Plains Rewards

Soulstones have been decreasing in value on the Marketplace, and we want to ensure these still feel like a valuable reward while also ensuring those farming for upgrade materials for themselves are able to make improved progress. To that end we’re rebalancing the ratio of Soulstones to Soulstone Crystals received from Soulstone Plains. Those looking to farm and sell Soulstones will see a reduction in their materials, while those looking to farm upgrades for themselves will receive the same amount of materials, just with a higher amount received as Account Bound Soulstone Crystals.

Replaced Skypetal Soulstone Bundle, Pouch, and Chest that can be purchased from Soulstone Plains with new versions that reward a higher ratio of Soulstone Crystals to Soulstones. The total number of rewarded materials is the same.

Ok, so I think this is a really bad way to handle this. Yes it will probably increase the price of the individual soul stones on the market, but that isn't going to get more people to get out there and farm, and thus, increase the amount of time people are playing per day. The reason is because they aren't actually increasing the amount of gold per hour that you will make by grinding soul stone plains. They are just reducing the amount of soul stones you get, which, yes, will make each individual soul stone more valuable, but you make less of them per hour. Therefore, the amount of gold you make per hour is still going to be about the same. The reason why people aren't farming for soul stones as much is, yes, because the price of soulstones on the market has fallen too much, but to be more accurate, it is because the compensation for their time grinding for soulstones does not yield a sufficient reward in gold per hour of grinding for soulstones to make it worth their time to do it. As such... they don't do it.

This solution stated is not going to get people to grind for soulstones more because it doesn't address the problem, which is not being able to make enough gold per hour to make it worth your time.

If you want to get people out there grinding for soulstones, you have to increase the demand for soulstone, without reducing the supply of soulstones. In other words, you need to make more uses for soulstones in the game that people actually care about.

Let me give you an example: Remember when they did away with the ability to buy Legendary Elements and Legendary Jewels for 20 gold? Instead they made it so that you had to buy them for Elements and Jewels, which required soul stones to make. They also introduced an option to buy Legendary Elements and Legendary Jewels for Sacred Crystals and Soulstones. There is a heavy demand for those because those are required to upgrade your gear. Since the way to get those required soulstones, it put an increased demand for soulstones. Thus the price of soulstones skyrocketed even though the supply remained the same. Farming Skypetal Plains (Soulstone plains) became more profitable in terms of gold earned per hour because of that.

Then, later they reintroduced the option to buy Legendary Elements and Legendary Jewels for 20 gold each, and logically, the price of soul stones fell because there was another alternative.

Now make no mistake, I am not suggesting that we go back to the days where the 20 gold option to buy Legendary Elements and Legendary Jewels has been removed. No no. That would probably be a bad idea. I am just giving an example of how you can manipulate market forces to cause the value of something to go up or down, because the way NCsoft is doing it isn't going to yield more gold per hour, and thus, isn't going to yield more people farming soul stones in SSP... at least not for long as soon as those people figure out it is still not very profitable to do so.

Rather, I am suggesting that if NCsoft wants to increase the price for soulstones, they should not reduce the supply of soulstones because that won't actually get NCsoft the desired result of getting people out there farming. Instead, NCsoft should introduce some new use for soulstones that players actually want and care about, which creates more demand for soulstones while leaving the supply rate where it is.

Artificall scarity intoduced by Nsoft has wholly different and far less innocent reasons than "we belive the price is too low", is what i belive, truly. Just look what they did to divine grace stones and then shortly after they appeared in f10!

17 hours ago, Granger said:

Artificall scarity intoduced by Nsoft has wholly different and far less innocent reasons than "we belive the price is too low", is what i belive, truly. Just look what they did to divine grace stones and then shortly after they appeared in f10!

i believe this to be the real reason, bet it's been forever since they sold soulstones in f10...therefore they are trying to make them harder to get

Archived