purple souls + auras: account bound or salvagable

ChiliP

Pls NCSoft make the purple non legendary souls or auras account bound! or at least let us salvage them for half the upgrade materials that went into them! I have a stage 10 soul in my vault, bought the bundle for the stage 8 then worked on it a lot and then just got a legendary soul from the event. and next event comes with the aura which I upgraded like a week ago and its in stage 8! all I feel is how I log in every day doing dailies and top dungeons with my main and half of that work just goes down in the toilet cause "NEXT EVENT YOU CAN GET IT REGARDLES OF WHAT WORK YOU DID BEFORE". I dont want legendary ones to be easy to pass around, but pls at least do something with the purple ones. feels like thrown out money after I payed for the stage 8 to catch up, used like 9-10 oils on it (pre upgrade cost nerf), then it just became useless...

and I know the chance is miniscule for this but pls just no RNG for aura upgrade, just make it a lot of tokens (like from prev event make it 50-60 token for the last upgrade, I had to upgrade it to 100% and almost quit the game)

Bound to account would be nice, but being able to salvage for half the materials would be nice as well.

With events like this, my stage 10 soul and pet aura have become inventory trash, that I don't want to throw away because I've invested probably 20 oils and pet pods into each.

Some things like souls, and pets should really be bound to account regardless of their upgrade level, with no fee to transfer them, or as an account shared bonus system, rather than items. If they want to keep adding more classes to play, the game really does need to be more alt friendly, especially our version, which has Hongmoon level XP requirements roughly double that of Korea. If they just keep seemingly expecting people to whale up with a Trove event at the same time as a class release, like they did with the Gunslinger, they'll eventually find less, and less people playing, which will also mean less whales willing to play considering how dependant on playing with others this game is.

Please make souls AND pet auras account bound, especially when events like this happen. It's incredibly disheartening to level up a soul or pet during one event, only to have the next event hand out that work.

lol i love this idea but alas there are reasons they probably wont do it. If they make souls and pet auras account bound there will be no more reason for them to sell those sealing charm thingies that allow people to sell the true soul and now soon to be pet auras in the market because people will be mailing them between characters and no longer need more than one.

8 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

lol i love this idea but alas there are reasons they probably wont do it. If they make souls and pet auras account bound there will be no more reason for them to sell those sealing charm thingies that allow people to sell the true soul and now soon to be pet auras in the market because people will be mailing them between characters and no longer need more than one.

what are you sayin, even in the name of the topic we are talking about the purple side of it below the legendary souls/auras. I know that there are sealing charms, the problem is that you can buy purple ones for MONEY (I did that) and they made it obsolete with an event and now its just sitting around

11 hours ago, ChiliP said:

what are you sayin, even in the name of the topic we are talking about the purple side of it below the legendary souls/auras. I know that there are sealing charms, the problem is that you can buy purple ones for MONEY (I did that) and they made it obsolete with an event and now its just sitting around

i know were talking about purple ones but im talking about making souls and pet auras account bound in general. Im saying i like that idea but that its not something that will happen. sorry i did not clarify the below.

On 7/12/2018 at 4:26 PM, Why Bother said:

Some things like souls, and pets should really be bound to account regardless of their upgrade level

Once you make them account bound no matter their level, as i said and i quote "If they make souls and pet auras account bound there will be no more reason for them to sell those sealing charm thingies that allow people to sell the true soul and now soon to be pet auras in the market because people will be mailing them between characters and no longer need more than one."

does what i say make sense now?

For example: IF souls and and pet auras are account bound i will have no need to worry about them on my other characters i play cause i will be mailing them to my alts instead of trying to buy or upgrade new ones for my characters just like i do my gems.

12 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

Once you make them account bound no matter their level, as i said and i quote "If they make souls and pet auras account bound there will be no more reason for them to sell those sealing charm thingies that allow people to sell the true soul and now soon to be pet auras in the market because people will be mailing them between characters and no longer need more than one."

does what i say make sense now?

For example: IF souls and and pet auras are account bound i will have no need to worry about them on my other characters i play cause i will be mailing them to my alts instead of trying to buy or upgrade new ones for my characters just like i do my gems.

And why is making them fixed per character a good thing, how does that help the game, and the player base? Also, why is them selling those sealing charms even suppose to be a good thing, when it's basically just a pay "solution" to a problem they created in the first place?

Once you seal them, they don't become account bound shared items, to use them, you need to unseal them, at which point they become character bound again. They keep adding new characters to play, so part of making the game more accommodating to playing multiple characters, is in having more shared things. The degree of per character grind in this game makes trying to actually play more than one character, where each can participate in all the content currently requires one to either be a whale, or have absolutely no life outside of the game. What doesn't make sense, is that someone would resist the idea of making things more accommodating to playing the game.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:39 PM, Why Bother said:

And why is making them fixed per character a good thing, how does that help the game, and the player base? Also, why is them selling those sealing charms even suppose to be a good thing, when it's basically just a pay "solution" to a problem they created in the first place?

Once you seal them, they don't become account bound shared items, to use them, you need to unseal them, at which point they become character bound again. They keep adding new characters to play, so part of making the game more accommodating to playing multiple characters, is in having more shared things. The degree of per character grind in this game makes trying to actually play more than one character, where each can participate in all the content currently requires one to either be a whale, or have absolutely no life outside of the game. What doesn't make sense, is that someone would resist the idea of making things more accommodating to playing the game.

-sigh- Not sure why it feels like your arguing with me about what i said. I understand what your saying and where you come from cause i do feel the same but your not understanding what im trying to say.

I love the ideas you guys have here. Im just saying they wont make souls and pet auras account bound, it would hurt the revenue that they get from whales and well quite frankly its annoying but i as a player have to accept reality somethings just wont be. I never said lets keep things only character bound i was giving a realistic explanation as to why it will not happen. Do i like it, no i dont, but i have to accept it.  I consider myself lukcy that i can mail my gems to my other characters and at the prices they charge. At one point it was an arm and a leg just to mail gems between alts almost not even worth it, when they were doing that.

If you cant understand what im trying to say then i am very sorry but i cant keep trying to reword it so you will follow that im speaking from a reality viewpoint and not think im against you. I Will jump up and down with joy and squeal happily should they ever make souls and pet auras account bound but im not going to hold my breath.

6 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

-sigh- Not sure why it feels like your arguing with me about what i said. I understand what your saying and where you come from cause i do feel the same but your not understanding what im trying to say.

I love the ideas you guys have here. Im just saying they wont make souls and pet auras account bound, it would hurt the revenue that they get from whales and well quite frankly its annoying but i as a player have to accept reality somethings just wont be. I never said lets keep things only character bound i was giving a realistic explanation as to why it will not happen. Do i like it, no i dont, but i have to accept it.  I consider myself lukcy that i can mail my gems to my other characters and at the prices they charge. At one point it was an arm and a leg just to mail gems between alts almost not even worth it, when they were doing that.

If you cant understand what im trying to say then i am very sorry but i cant keep trying to reword it so you will follow that im speaking from a reality viewpoint and not think im against you. I Will jump up and down with joy and squeal happily should they ever make souls and pet auras account bound but im not going to hold my breath.

You're blind, or nuts. Companies these days will typically try to make money from a game any way they can, and when they control the game, as they do with B&S, there is absolutely no end of ways to try and make a profit, by exploiting their consumers. Although they don't go full in all at once, no, they just keep pushing a bit further over time, over, and over, and over again. Early on in online gaming, and free to play games, people would flip out over even things like cosmetics, or inventory expansions in the cash shop if they could be traded between players, as then someone could buy them, sell them to others for the in-game currency, then use that to buy equipment, or materials, also known as, power. Now people like you will defend the idea that a company can outright sell power, as well gee, they need to make money somehow, after all, it's not like other companies, running other games these days are able to make a profit from just cosmetics, and the like any more, oh wait, there are games doing that, like Path of Exile for instance. Problem is that people, such as yourself, have been aiding companies at normalising this sort of BS, so more, and more companies just end up going this route, and I'm getting really, really, REALLY sick of it all.

First in B&S we didn't really have any of this at all in the beta, and at launch, then they started with just the dungeon tokens from the two Blackram dungeons at the end of Moonwater Plains not long after. People said it wasn't a big deal, as you could only get so many per day, so it just sped things up a bit, no problem, no need to panic. Then came reset items for Heaven's Mandate, and Cold Storage. Same sort of people again came saying it's not a problem, it's only two dungeons, they're not too important anyhow, no worries. Then NCSoft just kept pushing, and pushing, and pushing things further, and further, so we now keep having Trove events, more and more powerful, hard to get items keep showing up in the daily deals, which in time we can expect to be even common items in the cash shop, then they'll just keep pushing, and pushing it some more. I've seen people say that Korea is more pay to win than this version, well don't worry everyone , after NCSoft has gotten the NA/EU community sufficient trained like LoliDolly here is, we'll catch up to where they are now in that regard too. Although if you don't like such things, then push back, let them know it's not ok, and you don't like it, but if you instead just accept it, and worse still, argue for NCSoft to keep doing it, then don't come crying to the forums when they push things even further, as they most certainly will.

you see the problem is here for me is that they have a MERCHANDISE in their own STORE you can buy with MONEY. and they made that one obsolete with their own event and for those who put out money for their product (digital as it is), they made with the event feel their customers bad as it made their purchase drop steeply in value. I forked out happily real money as I came back from not playing this game for like 1,5 years I think just to catch up more quickly with the others and now that purchase lost a lot of value. I got the stage 8 soul and used weeks and weeks of work on their events to get sacred oils to upgrade it, and when I reached stage 10 they announce there will be a better legendary soul for just doing 1 event.... I know ye sucks for me, but this topic is for us customers to give feedback to the devs and watching the devstream yesterday I have hope they do something about this as it feels they really read these topics and read feedback

8 hours ago, ChiliP said:

you see the problem is here for me is that they have a MERCHANDISE in their own STORE you can buy with MONEY. and they made that one obsolete with their own event and for those who put out money for their product (digital as it is), they made with the event feel their customers bad as it made their purchase drop steeply in value. I forked out happily real money as I came back from not playing this game for like 1,5 years I think just to catch up more quickly with the others and now that purchase lost a lot of value. I got the stage 8 soul and used weeks and weeks of work on their events to get sacred oils to upgrade it, and when I reached stage 10 they announce there will be a better legendary soul for just doing 1 event.... I know ye sucks for me, but this topic is for us customers to give feedback to the devs and watching the devstream yesterday I have hope they do something about this as it feels they really read these topics and read feedback

What people need to realise is that especially these days, companies just don't care about you as people, "players" are just a wallets with legs, and viewed as rather replaceable. Online games used to be these big, long-term things that were expected to go on for many years, so companies were more concerned with keeping customers happy. Now, especially with the shift to free to play, and increasingly exploitative micro-transactions, companies just keep churning new games out, clearly not expecting them to last too long, but they'll try to wring as much value out of them as they can, while twisting the screws to the players/wallets more, and more over time, till they lose enough of them that they feel it's not worth maintaining, so shut it down, and move on to the next game.

Now if they cared about players, they'd know full well that there are many people trying to upgrade their stuff, so instead of some all, or nothing events like the soul one, or this pet aura one, they'd just make one that helps you to upgrade what you have now, they didn't. They instead render old items obsolete routinely in this game, as I've said repeatedly elsewhere, I fully expect new higher level souls, and pets will be handed out in the story content come Act IX, just as they did in Act VII, and Act VIII, they'll also soon extended the upgrade paths for both, pet path is already being extended in the up coming patch. If the game lasts that long, in time people will be making the same sort of complaints as you are here about the legendary souls/pets they had been trying to upgrade for so long, but are then given out through an event, or what not. People would come back from a long period away from the game, only to find their old equipment lines have all been phased out, so all that work, and even perhaps real money to upgrade them went to waste, as they just get something of little value from salvaging them, that they'd also have likely received from the story content, if not something better. If their equipment wasn't yet phased out, then they'll likely find it being handed out for a song, and a dance now, once again making people feel like everything put into getting it was a waste, so the cause of this sort of complaint is nothing even remotely new by this stage.

Then NCSoft, and every other company always says to send them feedback, and on some rare blue moons it sort of looks like they may have made some adjustments due to them, although it usually takes a rather heavy backlash before a company is willing to move at all, like what happened with the RNG of the soul event, as well as the removal of gold, and marketable material rewards from the Daily Challenge. Given the weak response to this issue, you can see the general feeling is that people aren't too concerned, as people have come to accept all this, since it has been a recurring matter, so we can therefore expect more of the same in the future. Finally, if they really wanted feedback, and suggestions, why is there no forum section for that function as most games have, and people have suggested they add since our beta test phase, why must all that oh so important feedback, get buried under all the other stuff that is put into the general forum?

:PoharanConfused:

On 7/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, Why Bother said:

Now if they cared about players, they'd know full well that there are many people trying to upgrade their stuff, so instead of some all, or nothing events like the soul one, or this pet aura one, they'd just make one that helps you to upgrade what you have now, they didn't

im not gonna get into the money aspects and boring talk that you have going on. However you are absolutely wrong you apparently havent been here as long as i have. I have been here since the game came out and THEY HAVE had plenty of events that help upgrade stuff but sadly im a fashion ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ so i choose the fashion over upgrade stuff if i like it well enough. Anyway the latest stuff like the soul and pet aura events, these are the first time they have ever done that. Before the soul i go a ton of oils and events before that i got all kinds of upgrade mats.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:41 AM, Why Bother said:

Finally, if they really wanted feedback, and suggestions, why is there no forum section for that function as most games have, and people have suggested they add since our beta test phase, why must all that oh so important feedback, get buried under all the other stuff that is put into the general forum?

This i 100 percent agree with you but sadly its been like this since day one.

anywho i am done with this thread i said what i believed giving my view from a reality viewpoint about making certain things account bound being a dream. Its my opinion and i respect your disagreement but im not swayed from what i said above because i believe in keeping reality in check. Plus im fairly certain you dont fully understand what ive been trying to say. I only commented now because well bleh nvm -skips off- have a great day

On 7/22/2018 at 7:01 PM, LoliDolly said:

:PoharanConfused:

im not gonna get into the money aspects and boring talk that you have going on. However you are absolutely wrong you apparently havent been here as long as i have. I have been here since the game came out and THEY HAVE had plenty of events that help upgrade stuff but sadly im a fashion ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ so i choose the fashion over upgrade stuff if i like it well enough. Anyway the latest stuff like the soul and pet aura events, these are the first time they have ever done that. Before the soul i go a ton of oils and events before that i got all kinds of upgrade mats.

This i 100 percent agree with you but sadly its been like this since day one.

anywho i am done with this thread i said what i believed giving my view from a reality viewpoint about making certain things account bound being a dream. Its my opinion and i respect your disagreement but im not swayed from what i said above because i believe in keeping reality in check. Plus im fairly certain you dont fully understand what ive been trying to say. I only commented now because well bleh nvm -skips off- have a great day

I've been here since the first closed beta tests, and may have been playing online games before you were even born. You seem to be a complete lost cause, so I'd just be wasting my time trying to explain anything to you.

Archived