The new event is bad (thoughts)

Tekoek0911

Alright, so the new event is to get a fletting pet , upgrade it, and also with rng?? and then exchange for items?? like the past one?? What's the next going to be?? You get a fletting  badge and you have a chance to upgrade it to a VT badge?

and the next one is going to be a fletting weapon and you exchange for items or upgrade to a permenant aransu weapon? AND all of them with RNG? please NCSoft... at least make them with no rng.. please..

Yep ill bet some annalist concluded that  the soul rip off event profited them more than they lost due to rage quits. Less people means less stress on the server and if remaining ones pay up than everyone is happy... So here is another bait.

Yeah, pretty sure anyone that did the soul event got a feeling of déjà vu when they read "giving players a chance to upgrade their Fleeting Pet Aura to exchange for rewards, including a permanent Awakened Hongmoon Pet Aura!" Sounds like another very grindy event where the people that could actually use it, won't be able to fully participate effectively, while the people that have it, or better, will, plus the mentioning of the word "chance" hints to it involving RNG. Then I want to remind people, that in the last two acts we have gotten progressively better souls, and pet auras from the story quest rewards (the ones from Act VII were removed when they added Act VIII), we can reasonably expect the same from Act IX, and it's possible it could even be the same ones we'd get from this event, or at least one not too far from it.

2 hours ago, Asuramon said:

I actually think they reworked it based on soul event feedback. Hopefully

That'd be nice, but I have my doubts. Even though the soul event did work out well, to stupidly well for the three characters I tried the get through the RNG upgrade with (one got it on the sixth try, another on the third, and one on the very first try), I'm still not in any way looking forward to a repeat of that nonsense. Also certainly not all that extra grinding on alts, I'd like a simple, and fun event for a change, and them to change the standard in-game way to get something, rather than making an event out of it, especially if they know they'll be giving it, or something close to it out in a few months with Act IX.

3 hours ago, Why Bother said:

I'm still not in any way looking forward to a repeat of that nonsense. 

You mean you don't want to run NS, NF, DT and EC 8x a day, every day for 2 months and then battle an angry RNGesus?  I'm shocked!  Where's you BnS spirit?  NVM it's probably like mine - burnt to a crisp.

7 hours ago, RavTH said:

I do hope they toke notes of feed back and not putting high dungeons only for event related currency, otherwise trap parties everywhere.

Its always trap parties, plus when did they ever listen? xD Be real xD

Just don't upgrade your pet and get another item :giggle:  pets are useless anyway +4 Boss attack????  don't make me laugh xD!!! 10 points in Defense are way better than that. They should be doing an event to increase your Hongmoon Level instead of the pet thing xD! Just because they tell you to upgrade your pet does not mean that you have to do it. This remind me the  toxic and stressful valentine event where we got a bugged item that now is totally useless cause you can get that the same ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ for 2500 peaches :mad: 

Lol

16 hours ago, RavTH said:

I do hope they toke notes of feed back and not putting high dungeons only for event related currency, otherwise trap parties everywhere.

This new tokens from event will come from event dungeon (1 year old dungeon event if someone remember that: Fortune Falls - July 2017) 

on news tab:

Fortune Falls In-game Event

Challenge the Hopped Up Giganura in Fortune Falls, and fish up some surprises in Jadestone Village in the Fortune Falls Event; giving players a chance to upgrade their Fleeting Pet Aura to exchange for rewards, including a permanent Awakened Hongmoon Pet Aura!

In addition, players can exchange higher stages of Pet Aura to earn better rewards such as the Star Power Costume, and much more!

22 minutes ago, Souba said:

How about an event that lets us upgrade our ALREADY EXISTING pet auras that we've spent time and materials on?

this event is for new players obviously, it still can be usefull for old players if it gives like oils or something...
Also Inoticed they are trying their best to help new players
first soul, then weapon now pet... Soulshields next? XD

Just now, RavTH said:

this event is for new players obviously, it still can be usefull for old players if it gives like oils or something...

It's kind of dumb to host it now though? It would have been better if they did all these events when they release the new class or something. It's just annoying that past events helped my alts get their pets/souls upgraded somewhat, only to have all those mats technically wasted when they come out with an event like this.

Would have been nicer to have an actual summer event with summer rewards :/ And these events dont help newbies in the long run, just newbies who are here for the event at the moment.

44 minutes ago, Souba said:

It's kind of dumb to host it now though? It would have been better if they did all these events when they release the new class or something. It's just annoying that past events helped my alts get their pets/souls upgraded somewhat, only to have all those mats technically wasted when they come out with an event like this.

Would have been nicer to have an actual summer event with summer rewards :/ And these events dont help newbies in the long run, just newbies who are here for the event at the moment.

there is a bussiness in this that takes part, they release these events to gear up players so when warrior will be out whoever wants to main warrior will have to spend some cash to upgrade their weapon/soul/pet.
Also it is always expected to see events like these that's why I never bother level up my alts and just keep them at what they are, cause alts are alts and not priority.

2 hours ago, RavTH said:

there is a bussiness in this that takes part, they release these events to gear up players so when warrior will be out whoever wants to main warrior will have to spend some cash to upgrade their weapon/soul/pet.
Also it is always expected to see events like these that's why I never bother level up my alts and just keep them at what they are, cause alts are alts and not priority.

Actually, it's not expected. This is the first time they've had these particular events. Other events like nebula events are expected. These? Not really. Especially when the last few events were spitting out pet pods and oils, (which many people other than me used) only to have these events pop up after.

Either way, it's BS.

6 hours ago, RavTH said:

Actually they did soul shields at the same time that they did souls, remember the extra stuff, including soul shields for doing Skybreak Spire, and Temple of Eluvium?

12 hours ago, Souba said:

Actually, it's not expected. This is the first time they've had these particular events. Other events like nebula events are expected. These? Not really. Especially when the last few events were spitting out pet pods and oils, (which many people other than me used) only to have these events pop up after.

Either way, it's BS.

This is all part of my general annoyance with how they've made events such an important part of gearing up in this game. It's one thing if they over time reduce the cost of upgrades, make certain things easier to get, or give old things out in new story content, that kind of thing is expected to happen in time, but adding events like these to the mix just makes everyone, or at least everyone not at the very top end of their gear perpetually paranoid that if they upgrade now, there might be some event, or whatever that makes doing so seem a waste.

I'm fine with XP events in games (we could really use some of those in this game, good ones too, not the half-assed ones we rarely get), events that award stuff for levelling up the new class/character that was just added, or ones that help get the ball rolling when a new area, with new items are added by for instance providing at least some of the new materials required for new crafts, of new items. Although with how they periodically have these cost reduction events, and now get a better soul/pet/whatever events, it's all getting rather annoying. I really, really, REALLY wish events in this game, much more often than not, were just events to get cosmetics, maybe special consumables, or other such things, and not be so tied to getting those expensive, harder to get things like soul, and pet upgrade items, or the actual souls, and pets themselves. If they want to help people get geared up, change the upgrade costs, or what not, rather than have some random event.

Why the hell are u crying about the event? It's ment to help players to get the awakened pet and u guys still moan about it? U can still get other stuff besides the pet, so, just stop lol. "bla bla bla, if it's like soul event it sucks" dude, every player that did the event EVERY DAY got the soul and other stuff, if u didn't than just play the game and u will get it, i started 1 week before the event finish date and i still got it to 30%. This game sucks when u are a new player and u don't have friends playing it, u can't do dungeons/weeklies/BT/whatever, they're trying to help them in some ways, what if they give SoulShields or Badges? And like i said, everyone can have the pet transmuted, just play the game. And stop crying if u already have the pet on max stage, i have mine on the stage before ultimate and i'm not crying, isn't max stage but it's alot of pet pods invested anyway.

Meh how bad can it be? Any event to help me upgrade my pleb stage 3 pet is good for me. Aren't pets for PVP passed the halfway point? If I get stage 10 Hongmoon Pet by the end of this event i'd be ecstatic.

2 hours ago, LiNe171 said:

every player that did the event EVERY DAY got the soul and other stuff, if u didn't than just play the game and u will get it, i started 1 week before the event finish date and i still got it to 30%.

False, but you only got to 30%, so how would you know anyway?

It's ment to help players to get the awakened pet

Lowering upgrade costs would be far more helpful. Everyone already has a pet at some stage; being forced to start over with a "fleeting" item is just plain stupid.

i'm not crying

Good for you, but nobody cares. You may not cry when someone whacks you with a baseball bat, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

Archived