Jump to content
Forums

Can you nerf instant-death/wipe mech in Irontech Forge for F8 players, plz?


Recommended Posts

Running Irontech forge with 1050-1100AP party or Raven+ party a few times. 50% of them ended up breaking in the first boss.

 

You only need two people to do marking and spreading rods. However, everything is screwed the moment a happy-go-lucky newbie huddle with tanker/marker and accidentally share electricity buff on them, or just happen to play a ranged class, stand in wrong place pew-pewing. Needlessly to say, 70% of such runs ended with marker/tanker dying, while the rest have absolutely no idea about spreading the rods to avoid instant-wipe Chain Explosion. When this happened, 60% of my runs saw people immediately leaving, leading to a chain leaving and then finally a party break-up.

 

Considering new players seem not caring about reading mech until it is Starstone Mines and above, maybe it is time to nerf the instant-wipe mech of Iron Monkey to oblivion? Except for Ransacked Treasury and Sandstorm Temple, none of harder dungeons above Irontech Forge has instant-wipe mech in Normal Mode. Even Hollow's Hearts are fixable if you screw up.

 

If you want instant wipe with challenging, there is already Hard Mode. Let leave Normal Mode and its F8 players in peace.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2018 at 12:14 AM, Granger said:

How about we add a kiddie mode with no mechs at all and 0,05 droprate?

 

If people cant be borthered to even just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing stand still for once they deserve nothing. 

Standing still is exactly what cause instant-wipe in this dungeon, lol.

 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:43 AM, Zuidokas said:

Do mechanics yourself - problem solved.

Have you ever done any mech part in Iron Monkey, or just hug boss and DPS, I wonder. If you do, you will know clearly that it is impossible to do the mech alone.

 

If you do not share electricity in the first marking, you die after 3 stack gets expired.

 

If you're a tank and get accidental share from someone, you die cuz of bombing yourself.

 

If you tank and get grab by the boss before the far marking, chance you will kill someone who has electric stacks with your bomb.

 

If you tank and stand furthest during marking, you die cuz of bombing yourself.

 

If you are mark and don't have enough electric stack, you die when the boss grabs you.

 

If marker or tanker die, boss will jump to the group. Very high chance that they will stack rods and cause instant-wipe cuz they refuse to move away and spread the rods around.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I had many many parties wipe in IF, and usually its not because of the rods stacking but because of tank doing bomb improperly. Stick with the 3 at 3 o clock if you aint tank or mark and then wait in the middle while tank and mark do their thing. Sooo complicated and hard to do. So yes people who cant ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing stand still for even just a bit deserve nothing. And mark and Tank roles aint complicated either: Mark ss'es after the grab and tank sses after mark got charged (but before bomb explodes). Then both walk in a circle. You only really need 2 people who know what to do here, since its hard to wipe by doing 3 improperly. 

 

 

Same thing with yoong. On phase shift, meeles please just stand still for one ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing second and all is fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kozuki said:

Standing still is exactly what cause instant-wipe in this dungeon, lol.

 

Have you ever done any mech part in Iron Monkey, or just hug boss and DPS, I wonder. If you do, you will know clearly that it is impossible to do the mech alone.

If you do not share electricity in the first marking, you die after 3 stack gets expired.

If you're a tank and get accidental share from someone, you die cuz of bombing yourself.

If you tank and get grab by the boss before the far marking, chance you will kill someone who has electric stacks with your bomb.

If you tank and stand furthest during marking, you die cuz of bombing yourself.

If you are mark and don't have enough electric stack, you die when the boss grabs you.

If marker or tanker die, boss will jump to the group. Very high chance that they will stack rods and cause instant-wipe cuz they refuse to move away and spread the rods around.

Honest to gawd I've learned more from this comment than the few times I've run IF and asked people to explain it.(I stopped going there, the people just complain soo much and rage quit so often)

No one has ever mentioned having to share the electricity. Just and I quote "We just need 2 people to tank and run around the outside clockwise"

(I'm 1120AP and still won't go into IF...)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the koreans should improve their dungeon design, IF is horrible. I done it once cause I really needed it and never again. Mech feels so unpolished.

What I think they should improve on is announcing mechanic phases. 

When boss is doing mech, it should be obvious he is doing it. Boss should be saying something, more animation on the player to let him know he got marked, more visual and/or audio cues. Give player time to react or get in position.

Important mechanics should have more memorable animation or boss sound, speech.

It's easier to teach new players mech with it. You can give simple instructions: "At 90% when boss lifts his arms and says blablabla, you come close/dont attack/etc"

Even if you read guide and prepare with decent knowledge before going in, boss mech so unmemorable animation you cant even tell he doing it or still autoattacking.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Septy said:

I think the koreans should improve their dungeon design, IF is horrible. I done it once cause I really needed it and never again. Mech feels so unpolished.

What I think they should improve on is announcing mechanic phases. 

When boss is doing mech, it should be obvious he is doing it. Boss should be saying something, more animation on the player to let him know he got marked, more visual and/or audio cues. Give player time to react or get in position.

Important mechanics should have more memorable animation or boss sound, speech.

It's easier to teach new players mech with it. You can give simple instructions: "At 90% when boss lifts his arms and says blablabla, you come close/dont attack/etc"

Even if you read guide and prepare with decent knowledge before going in, boss mech so unmemorable animation you cant even tell he doing it or still autoattacking.

 

I've said the same sort of things different times before, the mechanics in this game in general, not just in IF, can be rather unclear as to what the heck it is the game wants you to do. Good mechanics to me are those that make it clear what you need to do, but executing it is difficult, here it's usually the other way around, which is why there's so many guides for the game, and so many get annoyed when people mess up, as once you do know what to do, it's usually fairly easy.

 

Instead we get these Trove events, and such, that just help people whale up to high levels, with high gear, since so many put high demands, on even easy content, since high stats/gear means you're a better player supposedly. I've been in different teams for even older dungeons, like Desolate Tomb, or Naryu Sanctum, where there's some HM 15, or so well geared char, that has no clue what they're doing, and repeatedly dies to easy things that all the HM 8-10, lower geared "noobs" handled easily, then can end up fouling up the mechanics of content, and could be marked with a leaf to show they haven't even done it ten times yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 1:03 PM, Kozuki said:

Running Irontech forge with 1050-1100AP party or Raven+ party a few times. 50% of them ended up breaking in the first boss.

 

You only need two people to do marking and spreading rods. However, everything is screwed the moment a happy-go-lucky newbie huddle with tanker/marker and accidentally share electricity buff on them, or just happen to play a ranged class, stand in wrong place pew-pewing. Needlessly to say, 70% of such runs ended with marker/tanker dying, while the rest have absolutely no idea about spreading the rods to avoid instant-wipe Chain Explosion. When this happened, 60% of my runs saw people immediately leaving, leading to a chain leaving and then finally a party break-up.

 

Considering new players seem not caring about reading mech until it is Starstone Mines and above, maybe it is time to nerf the instant-wipe mech of Iron Monkey to oblivion? Except for Ransacked Treasury and Sandstorm Temple, none of harder dungeons above Irontech Forge has instant-wipe mech in Normal Mode. Even Hollow's Hearts are fixable if you screw up.

 

If you want instant wipe with challenging, there is already Hard Mode. Let leave Normal Mode and its F8 players in peace.

You are being overly dramatic.....and i am sure it would only take a moment to explain someone else in the party what to do. Mechs like this should stay, if you cannot beat such a simply dungeon wonder how you will handle Raids with randoms like BT / VT / TT where without brains you shouldnt even bother entering.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Septy said:

I think the koreans should improve their dungeon design, IF is horrible. I done it once cause I really needed it and never again. Mech feels so unpolished.

What I think they should improve on is announcing mechanic phases. 

When boss is doing mech, it should be obvious he is doing it. Boss should be saying something, more animation on the player to let him know he got marked, more visual and/or audio cues. Give player time to react or get in position.

Important mechanics should have more memorable animation or boss sound, speech.

It's easier to teach new players mech with it. You can give simple instructions: "At 90% when boss lifts his arms and says blablabla, you come close/dont attack/etc"

Even if you read guide and prepare with decent knowledge before going in, boss mech so unmemorable animation you cant even tell he doing it or still autoattacking.

 

probably. Particulary taking account of unemphatic nature of players here whenever time comes to learn new dungeon. It has to be intuitive, and if possible be done without learning at all.

 

5 hours ago, Corvenir said:

Honest to gawd I've learned more from this comment than the few times I've run IF and asked people to explain it.(I stopped going there, the people just complain soo much and rage quit so often)

No one has ever mentioned having to share the electricity. Just and I quote "We just need 2 people to tank and run around the outside clockwise"

(I'm 1120AP and still won't go into IF...)

Yeah, the role is basically 3 people doing "3" or add killing role, they need to stack near entrance. A far mark and tank-mark.  and sorry for your experience. I know how it feels being treated that way ;w;

 

Only people doing "3" have to share electricity and kill adds, stay away from boss and stun if possible.  later stack on mid and let tank and far mark do their job. 

 

If you were tank, the task would be to keep boss at mid whenever possible to prevent disorientation (so people doing 3, can remain near entrance) Then after far mark got mrked, and boss jump to him, as tank you need to lure further jump (3 times) then if done correctly, final boss jump would be beside tank and far mark got grabbed.

 

If you were far mark, avoid sharing electricity with people doing 3's and if possible be the one to get grabbed by boss before marking phase starts, as it would throw you far away and make your job simpler, but if boss got stunned, one need to make sure to stay far right after boss jumped back to middle as he will start his marking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:14 PM, Granger said:

How about we add a kiddie mode with no mechs at all and 0,05 droprate?

 

If people cant be borthered to even just ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing stand still for once they deserve nothing. 

The droprate is already 0,05, we just need the kiddie mode :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

at least they will nerf!!!!  http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-false-idols-patch-notes/

 

Quote

Naryu Sanctum

The enrage timer for Xanos has been increased to 5 minutes 50 seconds, up from 5 minutes.

Irontech Forge

Voltaic Rod Chain Explosion, Voltaic Rod Explosion, and Time Bomb now deal damage instead of causing instant death on Normal Difficulty.

Starstone Mines

2 Stacks of Frostbite now deals damage instead of causing Near Death status in Normal difficulty.

Absorb Freezing Burst, Frost Wave, and Frost Breath no longer cause instant death in Normal difficulty.

Updated the Frost Prison tooltip to state that it deals damage after 15 seconds.

Hollow's Heart

You now receive the Roots Immunity buff after stepping on 1 Lifebloom in Normal Difficulty, down from 2.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...