Sign in to follow this  
fade2black001

What changes have been made since open beta?

Recommended Posts

Considering as how they've crammed about five years of Korean updates into this version since then, do you honestly expect someone to sit down, and write out all the stuff that has changed for you? Here's the basics, just about everything changed, the game systems, character development, etc have pretty much all been changed significantly since then. Just view this as a new game, with the same name, and graphic style.

 

That said, I would STRONGLY recommend not coming back to play until Act IX has been released, by the looks of things, I quite expect that a number of important things you'd have to kill yourself trying to get now, will likely be handed to you by completing the Act IX story line, or at least made easier, as well as other things that will make playing easier then. After all, if you've already been away that long, a little longer won't hurt.

Edited by Why Bother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

Considering as how they've crammed about five years of Korean updates into this version since then, do you honestly expect someone to sit down, and write out all the stuff that has changed for you? Here's the basics, just about everything changed, the game systems, character development, etc have pretty much all been changed significantly since then. Just view this as a new game, with the same name, and graphic style.

 

That said, I would STRONGLY recommend not coming back to play until Act IX has been released, by the looks of things, I quite expect that a number of important things you'd have to kill yourself trying to get now, will likely be handed to you by completing the Act IX story line, or at least made easier, as well as other things that will make playing easier then. After all, if you've already been away that long, a little longer won't hurt.

No iwas not expecting that from someone but you made things clear enough though. When is Act IX? Won't it be OK to just make a new character and play up to that point in the story? Also is the max number of character slots still 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HateMe   

In short: the essence of the game is still the same, the basics, but anything beyond that, gear evolution and upgrading and so on are completely overhauled. so if you decide to come back you need to see this as a completely new game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fade2black001 said:

When is Act IX? Won't it be OK to just make a new character and play up to that point in the story? Also is the max number of character slots still 2?

They haven't provided a date beyond it being planned for sometime within 2018, if I were to guess, I'd say in, or around September. You could play until you finish Act VIII of course, I'm just suggesting you not proceed to do the gear grinding that exists after you do so. The default number of slots is two, but the max number of slots is equal to the number of different classes in the game, which is currently ten (they added three more since you played, with another planned to be added soonish), you'd just need to purchase character expansions to have more than two, but they have been giving out free ones when they add a new class, you'd just need to have logged into the game within a given period, or such to get it, so you missed out on those. Should also be noted that the game as it is here, is not in any way alt friendly, as our version is even grindier than in Korea. While many have up to ten characters on their account, alts in at least our version of the game are used as a slave workforce to get gold, and materials from daily/weekly quests, and events for the benefit of your main.

Edited by Why Bother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

They haven't provided a date beyond it being planned for sometime within 2018, if I were to guess, I'd say in, or around September. You could play until you finish Act VIII of course, I'm just suggesting you not proceed to do the gear grinding that exists after you do so. The default number of slots is two, but the max number of slots is equal to the number of different classes in the game, which is currently ten (they added three more since you played, with another planned to be added soonish), you'd just need to purchase character expansions to have more than two, but they have been giving out free ones when they add a new class, you'd just need to have logged into the game within a given period, or such to get it, so you missed out on those. Should also be noted that the game as it is here, is not in any way alt friendly, as our version is even grindier than in Korea. While many have up to ten characters on their account, alts in at least our version of the game are used as a slave workforce to get gold, and materials from daily/weekly quests, and events for the benefit of your main.

so the game is pay to win to some extent as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, fade2black001 said:

so the game is pay to win to some extent as well.

Yep. They started with smaller things, like a limited daily volume of dungeon tokens you could purchase, and resets to dungeons that would lock you out till the next day once you ran them. Although since then they've put in things like the Trove event you'll see some people currently talking about in other threads, which comes up I think four times a year. Functionally it's a random loot box, where the keys to open it, and expand how many things it can offer you all come from the cash shop, and it can give you items to upgrade your equipment to the top end stuff, top end gems to boost your strength, and XP charms which directly grant XP. Basically one could start a new character using an instant level 50 item from the cash shop, be at the current base level cap (55) some hours later, then drop lots of money into the Trove, after which they will have a high HM level (Hongmoon levels are the levels you get after reaching the base level cap, and allow for other forms of character advancement) character, with top end equipment, yet know next to nothing about how to play. Everyone has different definitions as to what pay to win is to them, but allowing you to bypass what otherwise would be many months of grinding, by just dropping a mess of money into the game, works out to be pay to win for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SalemK   
4 hours ago, Why Bother said:

as our version is even grindier than in Korea.

Yea but the catch is that Korea is also far more p2w than our region just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavTH   

So..

Lv45 All the gear we had to work for is now forgotten.
Lv50 All the players that farmed their Neck/Belt/Ring/Bale/Seraph legendaries got cucked.
LV55 All the players that spend effort and time at Raven King wipes of 24/12 man did, got cucked.
Lv60 ??? Will we get cucked again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this