Is BnS dying

darkwhip

Yes im making of these post.

No I dont want to hear about how "everyones alwayssaying WOW is dying, everyones always saying ESO is dying".

I just want to hear your honest thoughts about the playerbase and wither you think its going uphill or downhill.

Im asking because im trying to choose between this or black desert.

Its like, bdo looks better and is flashier plus it has a pretty good crafting system and playerbase/economy but bns has ACTUAL dungeons, raids, and the combat actually requires skill instead of pretty animations and button mashing.

Plus pvp is so much better in bns and the story as bland as it is, its still 2 times better than bdo.

So tell me:(NA/EU please, i know this game is doing fantastic in korea)

1# do you think the players for this game is increasing or decreasing?

2# do you believe this game will make it to 2021?

3# whats your greatest complaint about bns?

Hi these are my thought on your question:

1. I would say its decreasing lil by lil because of all bad choices NCSoft is doing especialy for lower tear players. Most of new players i think dont have patiants to farm for a realy long time with current gold situation and nc is desperetly pushing ppl to spend real cash or make it like your 2nd job. Older players who have a bit easier time as they have more chars which helps to accelerate gearring a bit.

2.its realy hard to say i think it will unless they make somthing so grand stupid by trying to milk ppl as much as posible that even whales will be fed up with it and leave. So its realy depends on what they desicions they gona make.

3. Hm i would say my biggest 2 complains would be optimization and gatting materials to 1 specific thing like moonstones to 6v6.

Thats my thought :)

Wow the crazy part is is that I'm stuck deciding between the same thing. I recently just started Bdo but I can't decide if I want to invest time and money into it or stick to BnS so I've been holding off on playing either as much as I want to. I love certain aspects from both games pretty much some of the same ones you mentioned. One thing that's really holding me back from Bdo is the fact that it lacks pve content and I'm not sure how I'll feel about the game in the long run but I love the role-playing side of things along with life skills, combat and such. 

As far as answering some of your questions though:

1: To be honest the player base certainly decreased by a lot since I started playing but now I think it's somewhat stable in terms of increasing and decreasing, I notice when there is a big update like a new class, more story content, etc. a lot of players return and there's an influx of new players but eventually it stabilizes. Imo the game has a healthy endgame playerbase that is committed and likely to stick around for a while. Certainly not on Bdo's level though as far as players.

2: I believe that it will especially with the future updates on the horizon. I believe that with the game being updated to ue4 this will open up way more opportunities for the game (assuming they take advantage of it), the game optimization is way overdue. I'm hoping with that update that they will go all out in making the game better, hopefully introducing more open world content and other things, adding life skills is already a start since that's something you do out in the world. Pretty much I really do believe this game has years ahead of it.

3: I know you said greatest but I will list a few: One of the biggest ones of course being Optimization, Lack of open world content, lack of gm involvement with the community (this is probably one of the few games I've played where you never see atleast one gm every once and a while, it would be nice if a gm hosted little fun events in the game too), Decorations for holidays (Lol this is probably stupid but I loved what Bdo did for July 4th, they made it completely dark outside and put fireworks in the game, sometimes the smaller things count as well and this past Christmas we didn't even get a christmas tree in BnS lmao), repetitive events though they are helpful it would be nicer to get a break from running dungeons since that's the same thing we do outside of events, and the p2w though it isn't a surprise since it's in all f2p games. I have tons more but I'll leave it at this.

This game is far from being dead. yuo have to keep in mind a lot of players / whales expecially who maxed out all gear and stuff stop playing so much and just wait for the next content to pop. Also people are trying out a lot of other games which are now in beta versions or early access, and not to mention the time of day also is important.

I still see places overcrowded with players, this game will still have a long way to go and i am also sure once the engine upgrade hits NA, a lot of players for which the game was not playable will come back as performance will greatly improve.

This kind of topic comes up every month.....

1. As with any MMO that hasn't been just released or has had a major update, it's decreasing.

2. Probably... but it will have a fairly small player-base.

3. I don't have one main complaint, but rather a bunch of smaller nitpicks. There's a lot of things this game could improve on, but doesn't.

6 hours ago, darkwhip said:

Im asking because im trying to choose between this or black desert.

Its like, bdo looks better and is flashier plus it has a pretty good crafting system and playerbase/economy but bns has ACTUAL dungeons, raids, and the combat actually requires skill instead of pretty animations and button mashing.

Plus pvp is so much better in bns and the story as bland as it is, its still 2 times better than bdo.

Sounds like you prefer instances, to open world. BDO was made with the intent of no instanced areas, while B&S used to have the open world as being more important, yet now basically everything is instanced. If you're looking for something else to play, looking for a game that is more instance based sounds like it would be a better fit for you.

6 hours ago, darkwhip said:

1. Down, clearly. They just keep making more, and more changes that make playing difficult for anyone not already in the top end.
  2. I figure we'll be basically caught up to Korea in early 2019, but our version is apparently grindier, and especially with the kind of changes they have been making, all around worse for new players, and those that want to actually play multiple characters, rather than just using other characters as a slave workforce of our mains. It'll likely limp it's way to 2021, a statement that makes it clear it wouldn't be in the best of shape, and given how dependent the game is on playing with others, the more the population decreases, the less playable it will be. Short of making some catastrophically stupid changes that even cause the whales to jump ship, said whales will keep the game up for some time, at least until they feel the decreasing player base is making it not worth playing.
  3. The grind is too high, it's not new player, or alt friendly, and the community is horrid, yet we're completely dependent on it. I've played games where you really need to play with others after a point, but as they would foster a FAR better community than we have here, they were fun to play. Here, the crap community, lack of any effort to improve it, or at least reduce the ways the community can make things worse for people, and how reliant we are on the community to be able to play is the biggest problem by far.

3 hours ago, HateMe said:

I still see places overcrowded with players, this game will still have a long way to go and i am also sure once the engine upgrade hits NA, a lot of players for which the game was not playable will come back as performance will greatly improve.

Saying performance "will greatly improve" as if it was a matter of fact is not a good idea, as it's not a certainty. The main cause of the poor performance is how focused they were at trying to cram all sorts of things to make the game look good, without considering the impact it will have on performance like other more responsible game developers do. Even if you say that the new version of the Unreal Engine will be able to better utilize current system capabilities, if they then take that opportunity to even further boost the visuals of the game, the net effect may be nil, to it even being worse for more people.

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Why Bother:

Saying performance "will greatly improve" as if it was a matter of fact is not a good idea, as it's not a certainty. The main cause of the poor performance is how focused they were at trying to cram all sorts of things to make the game look good, without considering the impact it will have on performance like other more responsible game developers do. Even if you say that the new version of the Unreal Engine will be able to better utilize current system capabilities, if they then take that opportunity to even further boost the visuals of the game, the net effect may be nil, to it even being worse for more people.

They've already stated they want to take the graphics to a new level sooo... im not gonna hold my hopes for better performance. 

11 minutes ago, Granger said:

They've already stated they want to take the graphics to a new level sooo... im not gonna hold my hopes for better performance. 

Yep, as we've seen with other things, they like repeating the same mistakes over, and over again.

If things don't change then I don't see the game lasting very long. Not only that but I don't see any ads or nothing special to try to attract more players into the game. They refuse to put the game up on steam even tho it would lead to more players, just look at the results of bdo, tera, etc being on steam.

1 hour ago, Granger said:

The current engine the game is on is simply put horrible and horribly optimized, the newer engine has a much better optimization. And by "taking graphics to the next level" they simply mean use the new and optimized capabilities the new engine provides which will make things look prettier in itself without a heavy impact on performance. the oputdated engine cant fully utilize what your PC has to offer and causes issues.

I am playing a few other games which also recently went through an engine upgrade to the new one BnS is going and the performance and looks improved by a lot.

6 hours ago, HateMe said:

The current engine the game is on is simply put horrible and horribly optimized, the newer engine has a much better optimization. And by "taking graphics to the next level" they simply mean use the new and optimized capabilities the new engine provides which will make things look prettier in itself without a heavy impact on performance. the oputdated engine cant fully utilize what your PC has to offer and causes issues.

I am playing a few other games which also recently went through an engine upgrade to the new one BnS is going and the performance and looks improved by a lot.

The UE3 engine was fine, it is just an old engine, designed to use the systems of the time, while UE4 is newer, and better capable of using the capabilities of current systems. The problem was always, as per usual, one of the making by the developers, as they chose to push beyond what the engine was capable of effectively handling, so they prioritized the visual appearance of the game, over its performance. While a new engine can come with improved shading, lighting, and so forth effects, so that without changing what you give the engine, it can all look better, our concern is they repeat the same mistake by then further pushing the graphics quality under the new client, which again goes beyond what the new engine can handle effectively.

15 hours ago, darkwhip said:

1. We can take wild guesses. But in it's current state (pay to play) the game is not F2P friendly, regardless of time and effort invested. Pay or move on, that's your only choice, and even then you get barriers along the way.

2. This is just me, but I'd say if major changes are not done within the next year this game will not reach it's 4th anniversary.  

3. Hard to choose just one... but I'll post an entire list of suggestions in the near future to see if "they are really listening".

well the farming system isnt going as good .

i have more than 100 runs at all dungeons from sandstorm temple (250+ actually ) till Ebondrake Liar .

but after that it is so boring to do anything , u already have more than 100 runs , so u dont need it .

also looking at things on kr and at u it maked u feel so pointless, imagine of getting the gilded gem for 1k g ?  ( it is 10 k  g at kr but it is equalce like 1-2k g at our server ) 

I mean looking at how easy to get teh things there and how hard to get it here , even if it is the new content , like first time gilder gem is like like 3k for us ............... 

2nd big things that this game is really pushinng other ppl to spend money , like u can wait trove spend all fo ur gold and insta get max gear + buying gold with ncoins and buy achivement to get max gear ................ 

at kr u dont have to spend money there or 999999999999999999+ hrs to get max gear , it is so easy there and helpful .

+ other optimiazation for internet , fps etc,,,, tehre is a lt of topics about this .

+ trove makes u have the worst feeling ever , u see ppl spending real money and gear up so fast..............

money shouldnt gear u u so fast liek this , money should give u like extra amzing outfit or old event stuff .................... not gearing up

last this that the event time is too long and reward less

farming so much gold for soul for 10k increase only ? 

or doing event for 10 days + dailychallenge to get 1 sacred vial only ???/

while if u troving and u get 3 stars u can get the 30 oils for 200 g only while troving ........... that makes the 10 days of event to get event token is pointless...........

59 minutes ago, hussam haytham said:

also looking at things on kr and at u it maked u feel so pointless, imagine of getting the gilded gem for 1k g ?  ( it is 10 k  g at kr but it is equalce like 1-2k g at our server ) 

I mean looking at how easy to get teh things there and how hard to get it here , even if it is the new content , like first time gilder gem is like like 3k for us

Take a look at how long the game has been out in KR and then you will see why things are much easier there. They had plenty time to gear up and get enough gold while the content for our region has been pushed out way too fast to catch up to kr. NA/EU should have been treated as its own separate game, as in not trying to be on terms with kr. All they do is copy and paste from kr without keeping in mind how far apart they were released and also the difference between both regions playerbase. That's why our economy is so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up because they go nerfing gold for lower dungeons but fail to realize we haven't had the game nearly as long. Not surprised really, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ company makes ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ decisions.

Every online game I've ever seen has had people ask this question or outright state the game is dying even when it very clearly isn't...

...and seeing as how you can easily find people almost anywhere you go, no, the game is not "dying".

I started BnS 3 years ago near Christmas. The population was almost double what it is now. They merged servers once in that same time.  Today I saw they put Grace Stones in the market, something I thought I'd never see.  About 1/3 of my friends list is of people who do not play anymore. People are tired of the same daily grind. Koreans love their Blade and Soul, because it's been a complete game for them. Westerners have had the game "spoon" fed to us, itsy bitsy tiny pieces. All the while feeding us Troves and other in store additives to get the mighty $$ rolling forward.

Stay away from Black Desert its a game based on so called RNG which is controlled by the company. Its been proven and proven again that they alter RNG in order to control the market. Oh and the market is also controlled directly... you wouldnt be able to post an item on the market for the price of your choosing since the price its capped by whatever they decide its worth that day.. If you think its bad in BnS, BDO is 100 times worse. took 2 years of my life for nothing. 

3 hours ago, ClassicMan said:

Take a look at how long the game has been out in KR and then you will see why things are much easier there. They had plenty time to gear up and get enough gold while the content for our region has been pushed out way too fast to catch up to kr. NA/EU should have been treated as its own separate game, as in not trying to be on terms with kr. All they do is copy and paste from kr without keeping in mind how far apart they were released and also the difference between both regions playerbase. That's why our economy is so ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ed up because they go nerfing gold for lower dungeons but fail to realize we haven't had the game nearly as long. Not surprised really, ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ company makes ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ decisions.

Actually there's more to it than that. Back during our closed beta, lots of people complained about how easy they thought the game was, even though those that knew more assured them it would get harder later, and those complainers were only about level twenty something often enough, NCSoft then boosted the "difficulty" by increasing mob stats, like HP, I think that global change is still in affect. Then to for instance go from HM 1-20 it takes half as much XP in Korea, as it does here, so they're at least a few HM levels higher when finishing the story quests. Quests apparently award more stuff there, than they do here. Then some of the gold reward nerfs we got, were applied when we were at an earlier state, like the last ones we got, they got when they had Act IX already from what I could tell.

Farm your life away all day to keep up or pay an absurd amount of money to buy virtual power. All the while, competing tooth and claw with every everyone else, even guild and party members. That's why they're down to 2 servers and people are asking "is it dying?".

not decreaseing or increasing but the main content is high dungeons for 100 runs and raids that are not accessible by many players that's what makes the game look dead.

yh no problem ue4

Top one here... WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PUT XINGCODE INTO A GAME THAT IS TOO GOOD FOR IT, NOW WE ALL LAG AND HAVE 6v6 CRASH CAUSE OF THAT. THere we go now...
I started as pvper, and I end up pve because pvp is dead no hope for it, another one is that raid gear is the only way in this game or you spend money on trove. So whales can milk new players by selling them overpriced carry runs with forsome reason fees. Another one is that they suddenly made changes that affected f2p and p2w players alot with the gold nerf of dungeons, which is understandable that old dungeons shouldn't be a bother cause we would have to do about 15 dungeons a day, instead we need to do now like 5 or 3. But still the gold income is critical right now for every type of player SPECIALLY NEW PLAYERS. Last one would be WTF is with bound and non bound materials?... All it does it takes up more space in bank/inventory and it also ruins the economy by alot.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:18 AM, SilverFoxR said:

Every online game I've ever seen has had people ask this question or outright state the game is dying even when it very clearly isn't...

...and seeing as how you can easily find people almost anywhere you go, no, the game is not "dying".

ikr...they should try going to celestial basin where the first 8 channels you cannot get into because its full xD

• 7 months later...

I see that's a bit an old reply tho I'm coming from the future I played bns in RU and EU in its launch the after a year or so I took a little break and joined bdo, long story short bdo is all about open world pvp and gearing to basically become relevant in node wars n castle sieges... Pve it's brain dead grind same mobs no dungeons or raids which make me feel exhausted and bored over time very easily. There is life's kill tho I'm not into that.... At the end got back to bns few weeks ago I joined my guild back and I'm doing VT and TT to get my gear up... Speaking of gear bdo have the worst upgrading system ever its all rng and it one of the biggest issues i had with the game... Tho both are p2w but in my opinion bdo is far worse its pay2gamble u m8 get nothing spending 100$ to crone tet or pen attempts...in the other hand bns have garenteed progression and actual pve content to do... Last thing I which the best for bns specially with UE4.

Excuse my English =) 

Archived