Gauntlets/Bracers are too ugly in my opinion, no matter what

Hello,

KFM and SF are fun to play, with many great features.

But what I just cannot stand is that every gauntlet skin looks terribly ugly compared to the weapon skins of all other classes. It is just not fair. In every event, there is a weapon skin that you can buy as a reward. This always gives me hope till I see what is inside the weapon box. Another oversized, or weird looking weapon for my class that looks great on all other classes.

Gauntlets are supposed to have the shape of gloves, and not huge metal platings flying 5cm away from the character's hands. And as a "Kung Fu" Master, bare handed combat should be possible too. It is sad how so many KFMs are using Silver Deva or Convenant gauntlets just because they are small and less visible than the other gauntlet skins :/

If it is too time consuming to make a set of fighting gloves (most likely because of clipping issues), then why not just give us a weapon skin that makes us fight with bare hands with a glowing effect similair to the True Heart effect to avoid class confusion? That would make everything so much better ;)

Thank you.

6 hours ago, RavTH said:

looks like you not exploring good enough?

nBaE3FV.pngCinderlands Baotite
VerCLNZ.pngSiren
yyoaPRE.pngCrimson Raw Iron
mCDfb34.pngDokumo

Baotite skins are antiques. Can't get them anymore.

Siren has horrific colours, looks good on you only because of the pink hair.

The Crimson one is just not good overall.

Dokumo looks like some sort of bug.

You're also wearing a skin-tight outfit, so theres no clipping anywhere.

The most normal looking, appearance-usable gauntlets are probably Crafted Raw Iron/Crafted Basic gauntlets. Similarly to Baotites, these are antiques. However, they're tradable, and sometimes will appear in F5.

19 hours ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

Hello,

KFM and SF are fun to play, with many great features.

But what I just cannot stand is that every gauntlet skin looks terribly ugly compared to the weapon skins of all other classes. It is just not fair. In every event, there is a weapon skin that you can buy as a reward. This always gives me hope till I see what is inside the weapon box. Another oversized, or weird looking weapon for my class that looks great on all other classes.

Gauntlets are supposed to have the shape of gloves, and not huge metal platings flying 5cm away from the character's hands. And as a "Kung Fu" Master, bare handed combat should be possible too. It is sad how so many KFMs are using Silver Deva or Convenant gauntlets just because they are small and less visible than the other gauntlet skins :/

If it is too time consuming to make a set of fighting gloves (most likely because of clipping issues), then why not just give us a weapon skin that makes us fight with bare hands with a glowing effect similair to the True Heart effect to avoid class confusion? That would make everything so much better ;)

Thank you.

you are free to participate in the design contest currently going on for weapon skins....that way you can present something you like and hey maybe it will make into the game if you win.

I'd vote for the possibility to just.. hide the weapon appearance altogether. I use an outfit which has.. well, gloves which are awesome and fit melee unarmed combat very good. So having a bulky chunk of metal on top of that is indeed irritating.

I agree but with razors and or daggers... alot of the skins look really large and clunky... i mean if there was a seraph illusion skin im sure loads of people would use it seeing as how seraph is simple and clean... the skins need inprovements! Lol

23 hours ago, Onbekend said:

You're also wearing a skin-tight outfit, so theres no clipping anywhere.

The most normal looking, appearance-usable gauntlets are probably Crafted Raw Iron/Crafted Basic gauntlets. Similarly to Baotites, these are antiques. However, they're tradable, and sometimes will appear in F5.

I know, I made kfm only for that outfit, I got it from trove I believe and I wanted kfm with it.

and you can try farming Dreadtide?(not that it doesnt drop but low chance) Also what about those Dragonsteel like the new ones from crafting?

here's a list of small looking ones you mgiht be interested in
Orichalcum Gauntlet
Silver Deva Gauntlet
Cerulean Raw Iron Gauntlet
Alpine Gauntlet
Dragonbone Gauntlet
Profane Gauntlet

On 6-7-2018 at 6:59 AM, RavTH said:

looks like you not exploring good enough?

nBaE3FV.pngCinderlands Baotite
VerCLNZ.pngSiren
yyoaPRE.pngCrimson Raw Iron
mCDfb34.pngDokumo

Like I said: Gauntlets are supposed to have the shape of gloves, and not huge metal platings flying 5cm away from the character's hands. And as a "Kung Fu" Master, bare handed combat should be possible too.

The Cinderlands Baotite Gauntlets is a discontinued item. I don't like the red Alpine version but that's just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, TheNineTailedFox said:

Like I said: Gauntlets are supposed to have the shape of gloves, and not huge metal platings flying 5cm away from the character's hands. And as a "Kung Fu" Master, bare handed combat should be possible too.

The Cinderlands Baotite Gauntlets is a discontinued item. I don't like the red Alpine version but that's just my opinion.

you mean Knuckles, cause Gauntlets look more like, so Translations were either wrong or developement of the weapon got mistaked for it.

aaligLn.png

5 hours ago, RavTH said:

and you can try farming Dreadtide?(not that it doesnt drop but low chance) Also what about those Dragonsteel like the new ones from crafting?

Dreadtide has been an antique since early 2016.

2 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

Why does this thread remind of "The Immortal Iron Fist?" 

I think that raven/riftwalk bracers are "not ugly," and they don't take any undue effort to acquire.

And those can't be used as appearance. Nice.

Archived