BD + Koldrak = unfriendly combination

Xenosaga

Koldrak's Liar is strange event.

Sure, all classes can fight against big dragon. No problem.

But some classes seems have big troubles against dragon. BD is good example.
For example, BD has some dash skills. If i use SHIFT + forward, it will run quick to dragon. No problem.

But what happen if i fire a skill (with left mouse button)? BD will die immediately.

After some checks with fight doll, the dash skill of BD has dangerous side: it will try jump to behind the enemy.
But that is not possible with lava around the middle big rock.

Same for in-air attack. If you use fast flying motion in the air - and fire the skill - you will insta jump to the middle big rock.

Even rock don't look hot and dangerous, you will die also there.

Many classes can use dash run and fire many skills without problems. But i want use fast run as well, and fire skills at dragon.
Thanks to this, BD cannot fight fully against the dragon. Dash skills are dangerous.
For example, FM can also fast run to dragon, and can use all skills without risk to death against dragon.

And it seems some skills, where you 'jump' to the dragon (X skill) you might dash to wrong position (slight to left or right instead straight) and you might step in lava.
It can happens if you're at the very edge left or right and use X skill. You will jump to left or right instead straight.

Why is Koldrak unfriendly against BD class?
So newbies with BD: don't fire attack while dashing to the dragon, even in the air. You will die immediately.
Of course i want fire fast but i forgot sometimes i am in dash... dead.
And check your position if you want use X skill.

Have more classes also problems with some skills where you will immediately jump to wrong positon and step in lava part?
For which classes is Koldrak event also unfriendly and can die fast with some skills?

The dungeon is just flaky. Weird stuff happens on all my characters. I'm not a very good BM so I figure it's just me, but I've gotten trapped behind the dragon's tail in the lava several times. I died once on my gunner and couldn't even use 4 - had to exit back to the server to get out. Dead, lying on the ground then suddenly pulled into that dumb "hit the space bar 50 times" combo.

Now I just go in there and whack on the dragon a few times and collect the reward. I've gotten the premium/elite boxes a few times but they're hardly worth the effort. Mentally, for me, the process is "go get a couple of scales to trade for raven feathers."

Archived