Make Fire Gunner being able to Bulletstorm at will on targets that affected by Boss AP

Kozuki

Honestly, the change that requires Crossfire debuff on the target makes the whole build feels so clunky to play in PvE. Yeah, I know it is to stop Fire Gunner being a non-stop 6v6 killing machine, but why PvE side has to suffer with PvP balance? You cannot now even to spread Crossfire on 3 targets anymore to Bulletstorm one after each other. These changes make no sense.

I think that this is when the difference between Boss-type and Player-type should been take advantage on to stop PvP balance shooting to PvE legs. You can make Boss AP that only affects Boss-type enemy, and PvP AP that only affect Player-type enemy. So I believe it is possible to make Bulletstorm being able to fire at will on Boss-type, while requires a Crossfire debuff on Player-type.

Considering how some classes have to set up skills, Gunslingers have it pretty easy by comparison... even with these changes Gunslingers are one of the easiest classes to play.

Quite frankly, if you are planning on having a build that utilizes Bulletstorm, the command set-up is pretty easy. Use one or all of your casts of 4, press C if you have the bonus damage to Bulletstorm when C is active and then activate Tombstone. If you really want to hit multiple targets with Bulletstorm, try and peg three enemies with one hit of 4 and they'll all have the debuff applied... but in all honesty, you should rarely ever need to do that. If you plan on using Bulletstorm, it's either to kill a large enemy quickly or to burst against a boss. Anything else is overkill... and Quickshot/Unload should do the job just fine.

Heck, a lot of Fire Gunslingers decided way back to just forget Bulletstorm and make an Unload build that revolves around Move 2 of Tombstone to get 5 explosive rounds whenever needed... and it's very viable to do so. In longer fights, Unload and Quickshot become your primary damage dealers, since you have to wait 1 minute between Tombstone anyways.

Ultimately, it took most people less than a day to adapt to the changes to Tombstone; a little more set-up ahead of time and it's pretty much the same as before were it counts. You can either get used to it or just spec an Unload build and never worry about it again.

10 hours ago, Kozuki said:

why PvE side has to suffer with PvP balance?

a gunslinger is the most ruined class in PvE, you can not kill bunched up mobs or things with bulletstorms any more, you can only do 1 boss at best. and playing gunslinger is not fun anymore. you used to clear bunched up mobs for melee players and now you just follow behind them until you get too bored and quit.

You're talking as if gun were weak or something... it still one of the strongest classes in the bloody game and got advantages in ways that make me think that ill roll one because it makes the game easy and braindead as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤. 

17 hours ago, schupunk said:

a gunslinger is the most ruined class in PvE, you can not kill bunched up mobs or things with bulletstorms any more, you can only do 1 boss at best. and playing gunslinger is not fun anymore. you used to clear bunched up mobs for melee players and now you just follow behind them until you get too bored and quit.

Again... your complaints can be solved by using Unload... and honestly, it's a more effective solution.

Any skill that uses your explosive rounds causes and explosive effect. Stand far enough back (IE: by letting melee go in to mob them) and you can just shoot F shots off all day long. Bulletstorm is nice and all, but it's overkill against basic mobs with a 1 minute cooldown, which is... just not worth it when you can just use 4 to grab some explosive rounds and F to Unload (while also using Quickshot for that chance to gain Triple Shot and get more explosive rounds).

Heck, I have Bulletstorm set up too, but mainly for bigger enemies or bosses... everything else is mainly Unload. Heck, the only real time I use Bulletstorm for mobbing is the 1st boss of Desolate Tomb - I set my shots up on the boss and let the splash damage kill the 'wives'. Again, it took me all of 5 minutes of reading and testing the changes to Tombstone to figure out how to use it... and it's still the easiest freakin' class in the game with these "nerfs".

Archived