Sign in to follow this  
Kyootic

Um..PVE cosmetics obtainable through PVP only?

Kyootic   

I'm just finding out that you can now purchase some of the dead dungeon cosmetics through Zen Beans > Outfit exchange ticket.

DISCLAIMER: What is contained in this forum is as unbiased as possible and is based more on the community's response. I am part of the community who does not agree on PVE cosmetics being obtainable easier only in PVP methods but the post is still based on everyone else's perspective that I've discussed this with.

The following are now available through the Zen Bean merchant:

-Obsidian Set

-Dark Sandstorm

-Tomb of Exiles set along with spider horns

-First step

-Poharan set with male lyn outfit as well

-Hard work chef hat

-Blackram general uniform (which is also available in the Achievement merchant)

-Blackram officer uniform (which literally drops anywhere in the blackram dungeons even if you're not farming for them)

-Noble of the Sea

-Pirate king (which is also available in the Achievement merchant)

-Cobalt widow blindfold

-Cobalt widow hair (which is also available in the Achievement merchant)

-Scarlet widow mask

-Both the regular and enchanting widow outfits (which is also available in the Achievement merchant minus the enchanting ones)

-Naryu labyrinth sets for wind and thunder 

-Gale force and Lightning strike (which is also available in the Achievement merchant)

-High dragon set

-Wild horse

-Bully wrap

Reason why this idea is disliked...a lot: How is that fair to players who don't PVP and have been farming for a long time or bring a player out their like..comfort zone just for an hour or 2 of PVP?

Mind you that PVP can have quite a bit more downs than ups if people play alone..and half the time it's always a group of solo-que-ers.

This literally just punches them in the face with a "do what you dont like" vs "continue torturing yourself" solution to the dead dungeon cosmetic farming problem.

I'm not just saying this to "speak the mind of the people." I've actually discussed this with quite a few people, random people in faction chat as well. Almost all of them agreed that the solution to making it easier for dead dungeon cosmetics to be obtainable distasteful and annoying. The few who were indifferent about were just that certain percentage who's not really affected. But if you think about it the ratio between PVEers who dont like this solution and PVEers who are nonchalant about the solution is a very big difference. I'm estimating 16:3 with 16 being the unhappy PVEers and 3 being the indifferent PVEers. And yes I really did estimate this so that I'm not being biased with post. This ratio could be bigger than what I counted up though since right now I'm only basing this off the people I talked to. This post could make that ratio bigger or smaller.

I've played pvp before in my lifetime of gaming. Blade n Soul is the only game I've never pvp'ed in because of how poorly optimized the engine is plus with the game being old with hardly any resets on pvp statuses besides ranks (as far as i know because I don't PVP anyways. Someone is welcome to correct me on that) you have high geared and high ranked pvpers to deal with that will make it less motivating to keep farming for pvp currency. F8 for PVE is already cancerous as it is, knowing how PVP is, that cancer is quadrupled.

This only seems more in favor of PVPers while PVEers are still stuck with unnecessarily bad rng in a dead dungeon. As I mentioned before in a previous topic relating to this, you can purchase a Junghado outfit set through PVE. Yet now you got some outfits that people have been dying to get only available with PVP currency. Now I can understand some players don't like PVE, but why on earth are PVE cosmetics only obtainable either through really lucky rng or PVP? The idea of making these cosmetics available for both paths was not a good one? It's one thing to have certain outfits only obtainable through PVP and PVP ranks and that's completely fine because those are pretty much PVP cosmetics/rewards. However, it doesn't make a lot of sense that cosmetics you would obtain from a dungeon IE PVE is only purchasable with PVP currency. It seems better if those items would be available to buy with PVE currency or even gold. At least that way both sides will have a chance to get what they want if rng is not being very nice.

Does anyone else agree that this idea was rather poor or does anyone think there's a way to cheese through that for PVEers who are crazy about dungeon cosmetics? (not that I'd encourage that, it will eventually make PVP unfair).

Edited by Kyootic
fixed typos

Cor   

If you don't like to pvp keep grinding in pve for it, it's not like they removed that option. Don't expect them to hand you those outfits on a silver platter.

HateMe   

Even if you dont like pvp its super easy to get the beans needed for these costumes. furthermore you can still get them from PVE you just need to grind dungeons and hope for a drop while the zen bean trader offers you them guaranteed for tickets.

RavTH   

even tho pvp is dead still farmable if you derank and rerank.

Yaory   

@Kyootic at least you can still farm them through PVE. whoever read your post will think that PVPers are more favored that PVEers which is definitely not true. Unlike pve, all PVP accessories are ONLY obtainable by FARMING pve.

Kyootic   

Reading all your posts you missed the fact that some dead dungeon cosmetics can be purchasable now so that people are not wasting time farming back to back in hopes that rng will be nice. Junghado set for example in mushin's tower for a number of Warrior badges, Nirvana outfit for a certain amount of yungsang necklaces, Hotshot and Bullet time for a certain amount of mewtineer coins. As well as a few cosmetics in achievement merchant for certain amount of gold and fabric. Even the new solo dungeon has farmable coins like Outlaw island does. So it has nothing to do with getting cosmetics with just a snap of a finger and some swipes. They're farmable in terms of trying to get them from the actual dungeon but also directly purchasable if they never seem to drop but you've managed to have a large amount of currency materials. I'm not saying getting these items is literally impossible for some people but you'd think that these listed PVE cosmetics would be directly purchasable through PVE methods like farming for a certain number of Hae Mujin orbs or something for the Widow accessories or poharan perfume for cosmetics that claim to drop in E fleet/Supply chain.. I dont care if it takes 1k orbs or purfumes or 100 freaking gold (ridiculous but farmable) as long as it's directly purchasable via PVE methods too, not just PVP. Like it's fine if PVPers can also get them with PVP methods but it would just seem more fair if PVEers would also have their chance without changing their gameplay.

Also Yaory based on the context I just read, this topic has nothing to do with gear, sorry :/ It's pertaining to cosmetics only.

jones6   

This change is amazing for me.  I farmed over 275 boxes without Wild Horse.  That was just ridiculous.  These cosmetics have been available for years and some in trove and some in merchant of wonders.  I see zero issues with it.

Despite what some have been saying, Kyootic didn't say they were removed from PvE, just that it was made far easier/faster to get them through PvP, even though they are PvE cosmetics, the title was just poorly worded. It's like the long standing complaint about HM skills being far more easily obtained through PvP, than through PvE. Earlier on in our release, they added that PvP "option" for HM skills when at least at the time apparently, they claimed it was something unique to our release, so people that wanted to only do PvP had a better way to get them. Then like jones6 indicated above me, you could try a stupid number of times through the PvE means, and still fail, yet here's a guaranteed way to get the same thing through PvP.

In both cases what people are asking for is a more reliable means of doing the same through PvE, especially when it relates to now regarded dead/defunct/irrelevant content. Those that only want to do PvE would like a better way to obtain these sort of things as well, NCSoft complied with the PvPer demands, how about doing the same for PvEers for a change?

Edited by Why Bother