FPS was formerly 77-80 avg now can barely get to 31

Milleinia

18 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

The update (Windows version 1803) was an overhaul of the OS so there isn't a specific process that can be disabled.

Ouch x.x; sounds like it's time to factory reset all of my laptops then

7 hours ago, SkyStorm said:

The update (Windows version 1803) was an overhaul of the OS so there isn't a specific process that can be disabled.

fahk you serious? So there's no way to fix it then if my problem is from windows 10 

3 hours ago, Milleinia said:

So there's no way to fix it then if my problem is from windows 10 

You can try doing a complete uninstall of your graphics drivers (use ddu - google it) and install the latest ones from NVidia/AMD/Intel, disable the built in sound device and use only proprietary drivers, reinstall directx 9 and VC runtime libraries, turn off unnecessary crap in the gamebar settings, blah blah blah - lots of stuff were affected or broken by the upgrade. I think disabling the fault-tolerant heap is a bad idea, but some claim that doing so will resolve some fps issues. You can try it yourself and see - if it doesn't help you can always turn it back on.

Depending on your system, you may be able to fix your fps issues, but there's not a panacea out there. I'm 4 updates past the v1803 upgrade with no real issues, so I'd suggest making sure you've got all patches from MicroSlop installed as well.

28 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

You can try doing a complete uninstall of your graphics drivers (use ddu - google it) and install the latest ones from NVidia/AMD/Intel, disable the built in sound device and use only proprietary drivers, reinstall directx 9 and VC runtime libraries, turn off unnecessary crap in the gamebar settings, blah blah blah - lots of stuff were affected or broken by the upgrade. I think disabling the fault-tolerant heap is a bad idea, but some claim that doing so will resolve some fps issues. You can try it yourself and see - if it doesn't help you can always turn it back on.

Depending on your system, you may be able to fix your fps issues, but there's not a panacea out there. I'm 4 updates past the v1803 upgrade with no real issues, so I'd suggest making sure you've got all patches from MicroSlop installed as well.

I'm currently on v1803 and yeah I tried the FTH disabling but it that didn't work. I think I'll keep looking for other solutions cuz uninstalling my graphics drivers is the kind of system backwooding I'd rather not mess up. What microsoft update are you currently on?

39 minutes ago, Milleinia said:

What microsoft update are you currently on?

June 26, 2018—KB4284848 (OS Build 17134.137).

That's the third cumulative update to v1803. I've got 2 other updates for adobe security stuff, so in total 5 patches (not 4 - forgot about installing the last one.) 

Archived