Changes to help new & returning players.. Where are they?

Caladiel

On 7/10/2018 at 2:01 AM, JoannaRamira said:

What attitude ?

Bad attitude low level player is kind of rare from my experience, they either veeery silent or veeery communicative/ social.  Most issues i found tho is language barrier :x  It's that usually spell my dungeon time's death. and i kinda found no real solution.

In the other side however... I found impatience are real be it in both old and new player and more so in older one.  and faulty definition related to "what's considered being carried"

that's the main issue, back in the day they'd at least ask, these days it's almost like they expect to get carried.

honestly, my dream for this game right now would be to add another mode to every dungeon, including those that ncsoft are simply throwing under the carpet. this game mode would be dedicated only to catch up, so dropping things like raven shields, gems, some gold of course. hard mode should still be more rewarding if you can gather a party that can clear it. as for the difficulty I would love to see some old mechanics brought back to life, the otherday I relived the old solo yeti days by finding the perfect amount of gear that woul allow me to clear, but only if I iframed 8 times in a row insted of picking up flowers or killing mushrooms, I had a blast, even though I died about 5 times and was not rewarded whatsoever for my trouble.

on that note, I think the best event I ever played was the "realmrift supply chain" people said the bosses were stupidly over powered and didn't allow for a lot of slip ups. which is exactly what I liked about it, check out the asura fight I embeded. these days the only way you'll have  heavily punishing 10 minute fight with heavy emphasis on both survival and mechanics is if you're doing the latest raids, which you can only do once a week!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LuIius said:

that's the main issue, back in the day they'd at least ask, these days it's almost like they expect to get carried.

It could also be due to the forced party play aspect of the greater bulk of the game after the story content, and the extreme difference in power of players doing that content. Even with Raven equipment, just one top-end, grossly over-geared player in something at Naryu Sanctum, or lower can make doing it boring as hell, and make me feel like I may as well not even bother to attack, as everything, even bosses die so bloody fast. It's not fun, which is why I've frequently left teams with even one such player. Although just think of what those low geared, just out of the story content players feel like, especially when they check the DPS meter, which tells them they did something like 3% damage, and the top geared player may be griping about how useless everyone else is. They'll just feel even more like they served no purpose at all, and may as well not even try.

2 hours ago, LuIius said:

honestly, my dream for this game right now would be to add another mode to every dungeon, including those that ncsoft are simply throwing under the carpet. this game mode would be dedicated only to catch up, so dropping things like raven shields, gems, some gold of course. hard mode should still be more rewarding if you can gather a party that can clear it. as for the difficulty I would love to see some old mechanics brought back to life, the otherday I relived the old solo yeti days by finding the perfect amount of gear that woul allow me to clear, but only if I iframed 8 times in a row insted of picking up flowers or killing mushrooms, I had a blast, even though I died about 5 times and was not rewarded whatsoever for my trouble.

I've said different times there should be solo versions of content, so people can use it to gear up. Then other people gripe, as so many always do, about how that's just handing people stuff for free, and other such nonsense.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:39 AM, LuIius said:

Did they ever got proper answer ? and proper practice ?

What i seen so far new players asking for mechanics are shunned and when i tried to explain, others condemned me for wasting time. what the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ was that ? 

The result, as we see. utter silence.

On ‎29‎.‎6‎.‎2018‎. at 9:46 AM, Bleys said:

No one cares in fact nothing in Blade and Soul makes any sense.  They treat digital item like they are actually made out of gold... well out of green cash i guess

I don't know. Does it work for them?

On 7/18/2018 at 8:46 PM, Shintensen said:

Here is the change we were all expecting :

''The Daily Challenge Reward Chest now always contains 5 Gold.''

Awesome, isn't it ? :giggle:

Also they're not adding 5 gold, and marketable materials to the Daily Challenge, they're transferring gold, and marketable materials from the Weekly Challenge quests, into the Daily Challenge, so that you'd supposedly be getting about the same if you could do both. Although here's the catch, to do the new Weekly Challenge, you'll need to do four tasks, rather than three, and the two new raids they're adding next patch are the only two added PvE Weekly Challenge tasks, which sounds like you need to be fairly geared to be able to do, especially with the kind of demands this community puts on others. That all means less people will be able to do the Weekly Challenge, so for many, they'd be making less gold, and marketable materials per week after the next patch.

20 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Did they ever got proper answer ? and proper practice ?

What i seen so far new players asking for mechanics are shunned and when i tried to explain, others condemned me for wasting time. what the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ was that ? 

The result, as we see. utter silence.

yeah, the high geared people these days have no patience, if someone told me "can I join? it'll be my first run but I've read up on mechanics" I'd praise him for at least trying and definitely let him join if he had the gear to carry his own weight.

my definition of "carry his own weight" is: their dps * bosses enrage timer in seconds should = 16.6% of the bosses hp. so that 6 people with his dps would be barely able to clear it. 

6 hours ago, Why Bother said:

Also they're not adding 5 gold, and marketable materials to the Daily Challenge, they're transferring gold, and marketable materials from the Weekly Challenge quests, into the Daily Challenge, so that you'd supposedly be getting about the same if you could do both. Although here's the catch, to do the new Weekly Challenge, you'll need to do four tasks, rather than three, and the two new raids they're adding next patch are the only two added PvE Weekly Challenge tasks, which sounds like you need to be fairly geared to be able to do, especially with the kind of demands this community puts on others. That all means less people will be able to do the Weekly Challenge, so for many, they'd be making less gold, and marketable materials per week after the next patch.

Feels like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. Very disheartening to say the least.

I liked how Nintendo resolved this problem with Salmon run raid bosses in Splatoon 2.

They simply teach you the mechanics before you can even start your first run with a party. Thats great game development which is why Nintendo games continue to be successful.

Dragon nests developers done the same thing in the very earliest days. Then developers complained players were finishing content too quickly so they stopped building guides and tutorials and let players learn from the hardcore playerbase. Which was always a disastrous way as potential bugs with bosses can be completely misinterpreted as working as intended by players.

It was nice to see that the recent release of a mobile version of "Dragon Nest" actually put an indepth tutorial into the easy mode of the dungeons before you can clear the normal/hard/nightmare modes aswell.

It still probably wont solve the huge gear disparity but hey. Other games have found and are executing solutions to the problems. All NC have to do is copy those concepts.

22 hours ago, LuIius said:

my definition of "carry his own weight" is: their dps * bosses enrage timer in seconds should = 16.6% of the bosses hp. so that 6 people with his dps would be barely able to clear it. 

And we'll never know this unless you have ran with him several times and he gave you his dps meter readings .

------

My definition : Do mech or dont die. 

On 7/23/2018 at 5:04 PM, JoannaRamira said:

And we'll never know this unless you have ran with him several times and he gave you his dps meter readings .

------

My definition : Do mech or dont die. 

very approximated of course

Archived