SUGGESTION --trove improvement--

RagingPhenix

After using about 150+ keys it would seem to me that about 1/5 keys rolls a 2 star crit, which made me think...
Just how rewarding actually is the 40 key guarantied crit ? considering it still requires a key and that it's most likely gonna be a 2 star crit and that that key already had a 1/5 chance of being a 2 star crit anyways... It doesn't feel rewarding at all.
Then I thought of another issue with 2 star crits; a fair portion of them contain mostly cosmetic items which sucks if you already have bought all the cosmetics in question and even if you wanted them on an alt you would still need to pay extra for the outfit transfer tickets.

Thus I came up with what I believe to be a wonderful idea, Taking all cosmetic Items completely out of the trove loot table and adding them as optional reward every time you fill the crit bar.  You would be able to claim 1 cosmetic item every time the bar fills for free (maybe only 1/2 resetting it for an adornment) and that item would go into "received items" like with the daily dash so that you can claim it on an alt if you so desire.
Plus for anyone who doesn't want anymore cosmetics they could instead claim a free key making up for the loss of the "free" crit.

That would be a really bad idea and not fair at all for those who trove only for cosmetic items. It's bad enough that NC uses the fact that people love cosmetics by locking new outfits behind rng instead of just putting them in the hongmoon store but now you basically want to make it worst by forcing them to have to spend 40 keys to have a chance at one cosmetic item.

If I misunderstood your idea then please don't hesitate to correct me but that's basically what I got from reading it though I could be wrong.

@JunamakiYes and no first the bar doesn't fill by 1 for every key, it takes actually notably less than 40 keys. Second I remember using 1360+ keys before seeing a superfan drop back when that was in trove. and I've yet to see either the wings or the jinsoyun outfit in all the keys I've used thus far. So Imho if you are just in it for the cosmetics this would actually be more of a sure fire way to get them

did you somehow miss the 1360+ keys before rolling superfan comment ? I might add that 150 keys in still no jinsoyun fashion or wings... Your argument is invalid, please read and process the information you just read before commenting. Not to forget I pointed out that it wouldn't require a key once the bar is full and that the bar fills faster than 1 per roll. :giggle:

On 6/28/2018 at 8:28 AM, RagingPhenix said:

did you somehow miss the 1360+ keys before rolling superfan comment ? I might add that 150 keys in still no jinsoyun fashion or wings... Your argument is invalid, please read and process the information you just read before commenting. Not to forget I pointed out that it wouldn't require a key once the bar is full and that the bar fills faster than 1 per roll. :giggle:

I got the costume and wings like 5 times at least.....your luck is just bad. cosmetics from trove are meant to be "special"  and only obtainable in that way.

All rng in the games is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, I used about 515 keys now, I saw the wings twice after ingestion of the 400th and 500th keys. Mythos and Dark emissari I have not seen at all. Conclusion, the last event when NCSOFT got my money. Because they want so more and more money will not get any. They are the winners of the business model, I say they steal and cheat.

7 minutes ago, Agon said:

All rng in the games is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤, I used about 515 keys now, I saw the wings twice after ingestion of the 400th and 500th keys. Mythos and Dark emissari I have not seen at all. Conclusion, the last event when NCSOFT got my money. Because they want so more and more money will not get any. They are the winners of the business model, I say they steal and cheat.

I would like to know how do they steal and cheat if they clearly state that everything is rng and it is your decision to buy keys and use them.

I spent about 30 in USD. The rest I sold gold to get HMcoin to buy keys that way. I opened up the slots on my gunner first, because she needs items more than my main. Glad I  did. @33 keys I hit a 3 star critical with the Aransu weapon pieces. hit a 2 star @38 that gave me a hepta elemental gem the magical 41th key gave me a Mythos outfit. I saw one or two of the new wings.. not worth the cost. Scales @80g each is kind of a rip off. so I didnt get any of those. No Triangular gem this Trove. Getting the Aransu weapon piece for my gunner was the best reward.  Not buying any more keys

4 hours ago, Fieryfly said:

I spent about 30 in USD. The rest I sold gold to get HMcoin to buy keys that way. I opened up the slots on my gunner first, because she needs items more than my main. Glad I  did. @33 keys I hit a 3 star critical with the Aransu weapon pieces. hit a 2 star @38 that gave me a hepta elemental gem the magical 41th key gave me a Mythos outfit. I saw one or two of the new wings.. not worth the cost. Scales @80g each is kind of a rip off. so I didnt get any of those. No Triangular gem this Trove. Getting the Aransu weapon piece for my gunner was the best reward.  Not buying any more keys

that's just extreme luck, the main issue is having to pay way too more in keys before seeing the desired cosmetic drop than it would of been had they just added it to the HM store

Archived