Do you want to remove all the F2P?

Dante666

I mean come on,

1. you nerfed all the gold earning. Now only people can get decent amount of gold are player who are selling raids and already enough geared.

2. You also removed low ranking TOI venture token rewards, I mean why? People were getting few hundreds of hmcoin, what was the harm in that?

You are making the gaming only for people who can pay the money or already geared enough to play it. Why are you removing features that helps lowbie or free to player?

The game can't survive without the f2p players. It's true that the game is funded primarily by whales, but whales need minnows so that they can stand out, or fit in, or flaunt their superior gear/social status/godhood. People don't play online games for the content; if that were the case, everybody would be offline playing Skyrim or The Witcher or whatever turns them on. Sure, we all like new content (provided that it's accessible), but that's not why we're here.

I don't have insight into NCSoft's agenda. It's perplexing, some may say predatory, but most likely the rampant inflation is just simply out of control and they don't know how to deal with it. This experiment, taking gold from the hands that need it the most, isn't going to work - in my case it turned a customer who was happy to pay for that premium membership into an "I'm not going to spend another penny on your game" customer. They need to focus their efforts on where the gold is concentrated, which isn't with f2p players.

Just on a side note. By f2p I don't mean players who refuse to pay for anything  and think their entitled for some reason; I'm talking about players who do spend money on the game occasionally, because they don't mind paying for their fun, but don't want to be saddled by a mandatory monthly subscription.

14 hours ago, Dante666 said:

I mean come on,

1. you nerfed all the gold earning. Now only people can get decent amount of gold are player who are selling raids and already enough geared.

2. You also removed low ranking TOI venture token rewards, I mean why? People were getting few hundreds of hmcoin, what was the harm in that?

You are making the gaming only for people who can pay the money or already geared enough to play it. Why are you removing features that helps lowbie or free to player?

first forgive my bad english now you know they started to kill the game wen they implemented the bound materials, they say they gonna help player on material shortage yes you have tons of them buuut wen you going to craft something important it ask unbound materials so you can just grab all those crystals and put them in your *** because they are worthless......just imagine getting moonstones,orbs,etc and not those lame crystals your life will be easy, one example could be you have toons of materiales but you need gold then  just sell them on marketplace wont that solve a lot of problems¿?

oohhhhh but the real reason for crystal to exist is only to push player into trove madness or rng boxes and wait whales need to be special so why no lock unbound materials behind unfair content like 6v6,etc.

PD:PVP is equalized yeah wathever the mode is dead as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

imo most if not all modern mmo's are pretty boring and not very fun.why because all the comany's and some weird reason some people are acting like they care  if the most people in game would have alot of gold and only reason they do is because they dont even bother to sleep and keep playing. the only reason why i think ncwest  even cares is because it will stop them from selling things in shop. for them to play this catch up game with gear if people have tons of gold they won't have to by stuff like matts and troves keys ,which is good for the players especially  like me want to be able to have end gear with out being whale or spend my life playing and i like to sleep lol and thats why they are doing the stuff they are.

it wouldn't bug me so much if it wasn't like that and it seem like they dont do anything about cheaters and oh dont tell me theres not and i doubt they care because it doesnt make them money if they stop them and they don't care if its fare for others playing their game. 

nowadays mmo is nothing more then wana be chat room that you can pay to do stuff in and its not even worth the amount they expect you to spend or the headach the cheaters bring more then the gold sellers because i can eventually get the items if its not catch up game with the gear like this game but not with the cheating.

And don't forget it's even difficult to find VT party or above. Because all the gear player just earning from sell raid. So if you are a new player and want to learn and have required gear, it's still so difficult to get a VT party. Mostly again because of "Sell Raid" concept. Everyone is selling nobody taking new player or giving any chance to learn.

Here is my 2 cents on that topic :

Previously, the gold provided IG was enough to make your gears decent in a relatively fast way without spending real cash. Therefore ncsoft wasn't happy about their incomes.

In order to increase their benefits, the current strategy is quite obvious : decrease the gold and materials player can acquire so he has to start paying or paying much more.

Blade and Soul is quite old already so they choose to sacrifice the new casuals players and focus on the ''sacred whales''. Discarding potentials low incomes from new players won't be a big issue if they can squeeze as much as they can the ones who are willing to pay a lot.

You made the wrong choice dear Devs, ''Whales'' are endangered species and they won't be able to support your game all by themselves for years. 

7 hours ago, Dante666 said:

And don't forget it's even difficult to find VT party or above. Because all the gear player just earning from sell raid. So if you are a new player and want to learn and have required gear, it's still so difficult to get a VT party. Mostly again because of "Sell Raid" concept. Everyone is selling nobody taking new player or giving any chance to learn.

And i don't understand why they don't forbid people from selling runs:puke: like srsly, those who sell raid runs should get a ban warning. why is the game allow people to do that. Or maybe they just can't ban whales, that's a lot of money loss :p

38 minutes ago, Yaory said:

And i don't understand why they don't forbid people from selling runs:puke: like srsly, those who sell raid runs should get a ban warning. why is the game allow people to do that. Or maybe they just can't ban whales, that's a lot of money loss :p

whales like to milk f2p players. that's how this game is p2w, p2w player will always have advnatage over f2p in here.

First of all, you guys have the wrong idea. Increasing the amount of gold players can earn will make the marketplace sky rocket and eventually just crash. The root issue is the supply of materials  and items vs the demand of these materials and items for upgrading your gear. We need a better gearing system where the player is rewarded for his or her skill, not their wallets. It's very easy to blame whales for the marketplace and community but you have to understand, a lot of these people were in your shoes, the only difference is they have a bigger wallet than you. Now the only way for them to not spend more money, is to make large amounts of gold from f8, raiding, 6v6 etc etc. Sometimes that includes selling raids. Heres the twist...Nobody is forcing you to join a carry raid. It's an option. These are people just trying to make enough gold right now within our current patch, so that when the next raid tier is released, they can easily upgrade their gear, and the cycle continues. I am in the same boat, I cannot progress any further because of these gear walls that NCsoft has created. The foundation of this wall has to be attacked first in order to successfully knock it over so that everyone can pass thru. So lets focus less on gold (which if you've played this game long enough, you'll realize that gold doesn't help in the long run) and lets focus on the upgrade system in Blade and Soul.

4 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

First of all, you guys have the wrong idea. Increasing the amount of gold players can earn will make the marketplace sky rocket and eventually just crash. The root issue is the supply of materials  and items vs the demand of these materials and items for upgrading your gear. We need a better gearing system where the player is rewarded for his or her skill, not their wallets. It's very easy to blame whales for the marketplace and community but you have to understand, a lot of these people were in your shoes, the only difference is they have a bigger wallet than you. Now the only way for them to not spend more money, is to make large amounts of gold from f8, raiding, 6v6 etc etc. Sometimes that includes selling raids. Heres the twist...Nobody is forcing you to join a carry raid. It's an option. These are people just trying to make enough gold right now within our current patch, so that when the next raid tier is released, they can easily upgrade their gear, and the cycle continues. I am in the same boat, I cannot progress any further because of these gear walls that NCsoft has created. The foundation of this wall has to be attacked first in order to successfully knock it over so that everyone can pass thru. So lets focus less on gold (which if you've played this game long enough, you'll realize that gold doesn't help in the long run) and lets focus on the upgrade system in Blade and Soul.

Here's the thing you are missing,about  nobody asking you to join carry raid. Because every geared person wants carry raid. There is very very limited number of free raid to join for people who wants to get started. Hence they are stuck not being able to find raid.
The other point your are missing, that the market place is community induced problem again, it can't be solved by dungeon reward nerf. Because paid player still has a lot gold by the means of selling item for money and sell raid, while free player don't. Now market price did not change much. That is exactly why it did not change.

7 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

Nobody is forcing you to join a carry raid.

oh man, you can put that excuse on everything.

Gold selling: no one is forcing you to buy gold from them. there is no need to ban them right? 

scamming: no one is forcing you to buy from them, no need to ban either ;) 

getting flamed: no one is forcing you to listen to them you can block them ;)

but here's the thing dude, because of these carry raids, most players will no longer tryhard on a raid, they will just say "oh, the time i will spend tryharding with a first time raid, i can just buy gold from f9 or even just farming gold is faster that tryharding raids".

So yeah, even those you doesn't join a carry raid are affected by that.

• 1 month later...
On 6/25/2018 at 12:56 AM, Dante666 said:

Here's the thing you are missing,about  nobody asking you to join carry raid. Because every geared person wants carry raid. There is very very limited number of free raid to join for people who wants to get started. Hence they are stuck not being able to find raid.
The other point your are missing, that the market place is community induced problem again, it can't be solved by dungeon reward nerf. Because paid player still has a lot gold by the means of selling item for money and sell raid, while free player don't. Now market price did not change much. That is exactly why it did not change.

......What? I can barely understand what your saying. First off BullSheit! There are tons of raid teams to join in this game. The problem is the only teams that you can join, suck. But thats how all raid teams start. They suck and then they kind of suck, then they git good, and then boom, Tycoon, Phantom moon, Cattery bullsheit pro team raid. You have to put in work. I'll state this again, You dont really need a lot of gold in this game. Gold, believe it or not, when your not constantly buying materials will add up. Think. OPEN YOUR EYES. Imagine if we had 3 different types of premium transformation stones for example. each of them require different items. For example, the first pts requires items from ec-dt and nf(whatever those items may be). it upgrades bale,seraph 1-12. Then the second pts requires items from ns-if and el. It upgrades raven 1-9. Then the 3rd pts requires materials from  ssm-hh-and dd. It upgrades aransu 1-9. You realize....that if this game had an actual upgrade system that wasn't designed for you to pour your money out on the floor, the game would have to shutdown because it would be so free to play. That is the kind of system we need. We are not going to get anything at all. Because NCSOFT

On 6/25/2018 at 4:52 AM, Yaory said:

Gold selling: no one is forcing you to buy gold from them. there is no need to ban them right? 

but here's the thing dude, because of these carry raids, most players will no longer tryhard on a raid, they will just say "oh, the time i will spend tryharding with a first time raid, i can just buy gold from f9 or even just farming gold is faster that tryharding raids".

English first of all. Second, your right! Nobody is forcing you to sell gold, scam, listen to trolls, and nobody is forcing you to join carry raids. This is NCSOFT we are talking about. The kings of P2W! What do you expect from them?!!! People are going to do whatever they can to get the gear they need because they want it really bad and are addicted. You are proving my point! If you really can't take it, uninstall the game and go play something else. Like your girl.

On 6/25/2018 at 4:52 PM, Yaory said:

IMO, players not wanting to tryhard to raid on their own isn't NCsolf/west's fault. It's those players' "fault" - or I'd rather use the word "choice" instead of "fault". Many players don't want to or can't commit for different reasons. Maybe they know they are not very good at the game and don't want to drag other people in the raid down with them. Maybe they don't want other people to drag them down. If they don't want to/don't care for/are too afraid of team play, of getting out of their comfort zone, then it's OK, leave them be. It's not like they urinate into your morning coffee or anything.

To those players, if they want the gear bad enough, they are gonna go one way or another to get it, whether it's buying gold from F9 or farming gold to buy raid. It's true that getting gears through beating the raid on your own is the most legit way to go about it, but the other ways mentioned are also legit too - they don't violate any rule of the game, they don't hack or compromise any system. If you ask me it's pretty much as legit as beating the raid on your own as beating the raid with your own effort is just a route among multitude of routes to get to the goal (gears.) 

With that being said, even though they do possess the gear, their knowledge of the game hasn't progressed one bit (because they got carried.) And they can't really claim that they've beaten the raid (again, because they got carried.) They will never have the full experience / satisfactory of beating every content of the game as a player who did all those things. IMO, the point of playing a game should be about the journey (trying to get the gears) and not the goal (the gears themselves.) But who am I to dictate what other players should and shouldn't think, should and shouldn't enjoy their game?

Could NC have done anything to reinforce teamplay and tryhard mentality of players? Yes. But is not doing it their fault? No I don't think so. It's mostly (if not entirely) the players' fault if you ask me. Anyway, to pin whole thing this on NC isn't really right or fair if you ask me.

Raid selling isn't new, it's as old as raiding is. There's supply when there's demand. It's a fair market out there. Players who don't want to or can't commit but want the gears will go one way or another to get them. And it's OK. It should be OK. People should have freedom to do what they want.

'About gold selling, I think "nobody is forcing you" is pretty much a legit reason too. The game has F9 as an official market. So buying and selling over there is legit within the rule of the game. As for 3rd party market, it's outside of the game now and it's entirely up to you, not NC. 

As for scamming, and flaming - those are both toxic behaviors and are not respectful of other players, so they are legit causes for ban imo. (There's a clause in the terms of use of the game about being respectful of other players, so NC can pin these behaviors as bad - with proof of course, and ban.)

Am 24.6.2018 um 18:01 schrieb Dante666:

Totally bullshit. There are ppl recruiting learning raid from time to time, just many ppl like you won't bother to join it and take effort to learn/wipe instead you only asking to join a raid which already clear and can carry you ass for free.

On ‎24‎.‎6‎.‎2018‎. at 7:58 AM, Tekoek0911 said:

trove,6v6,f8,and new raids are p2w

they even removed venture tokens from lower toi rankings.

why thou? i think they want to kill their game

I wouldn't be so dramatical. Don't know about NC West(honestly, they seem very inept - at least from server / routing / optimization side), but BnS is doing FINE:

https://mmopulse.com/news/ncsoft-q1-2018-earnings-report-shows-blade-soul-as-strongest-non-mobile-mmo-while-aion-sales-increase

Sure, it is in downward trend, but even then, it's their number one game. We'll see how the Q2 will look like.

6 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

......What? I can barely understand what your saying. First off BullSheit! There are tons of raid teams to join in this game. The problem is the only teams that you can join, suck. But thats how all raid teams start. They suck and then they kind of suck, then they git good, and then boom, Tycoon, Phantom moon, Cattery bullsheit pro team raid. You have to put in work. I'll state this again, You dont really need a lot of gold in this game. Gold, believe it or not, when your not constantly buying materials will add up. Think. OPEN YOUR EYES. Imagine if we had 3 different types of premium transformation stones for example. each of them require different items. For example, the first pts requires items from ec-dt and nf(whatever those items may be). it upgrades bale,seraph 1-12. Then the second pts requires items from ns-if and el. It upgrades raven 1-9. Then the 3rd pts requires materials from  ssm-hh-and dd. It upgrades aransu 1-9. You realize....that if this game had an actual upgrade system that wasn't designed for you to pour your money out on the floor, the game would have to shutdown because it would be so free to play. That is the kind of system we need. We are not going to get anything at all. Because NCSOFT

Well you try making a new character as new person in the game and then gear up and try to get into VT without help of any people you knew before. Secondly. I am not sure what you don't understand there. That nerfing gold reward isn't gonna help the market or it is player induced problem or you don't understand most high gear players are paid player or they are wanting to milk by selling raid?

Il y a 12 heures, Thicc Stoccpot a dit :

IMO, players not wanting to tryhard to raid on their own isn't NCsolf/west's fault. It's those players' "fault" - or I'd rather use the word "choice" instead of "fault". Many players don't want to or can't commit for different reasons. .....

it's players fault? what are you talking about? a smart person will prefer to buy a sell run rather than going through all the trouble to build a new raid, deal with that rng madness and fight for items for months/years. with a sell run your item drop you guaranteed to have it. Same goes for buying gold you'll learn doing quick math p2w far ahead F2p....in normal P2W there a gap a f2p can close trying hard, but in this game its not an option.
When you play a good game and a new patch come out, devs make sure that almost everyone ready so when the patch hit everyone hyped and all server go try day1.But in blade & soul new patch are most of time whales exclusive and when after few months you still didnt catch up you become frustrated... Now you can tell people "just progress at your own pace".... then do it and enjoy dungeons nerf....Everything done in this game make sure that either you pay2progress your way to enjoy the game or else your just wasting your time believing you can achieve something with all that rng and those mats nerf

7 hours ago, Dante666 said:

Well you try making a new character as new person in the game and then gear up and try to get into VT without help of any people you knew before. Secondly. I am not sure what you don't understand there. That nerfing gold reward isn't gonna help the market or it is player induced problem or you don't understand most high gear players are paid player or they are wanting to milk by selling raid?

Listen, how do you think "Whales" became who they are? You think they just open their wallets and all the sudden they're good at the game? You think you can just logon to the game and suddenly guilds will beg for you to join their clan?? It's pretty clear that your not an experienced mmo player based off of the statements you've made. I've literally seen the worst gameplay from whales. I saw this one guy, Riftwalk earth destroyer open his rotation with Typhoon....Typhoon! Theirs a difference between good players and bad players. And they fall either into f2p categories or "whale" categories. Whether you like it or not, Whales tend to be better at the game than most people, because their spending money on a game that they like. Not all of them, but most of them are better than you. When I started playing bns, I struggled to find a guild that would let me do MSP! I struggled to get my 5 piece tempest ss as an earth des! Over time you get better at the game by just playing the dam game. So eventually i was able to get into some nice guilds because i was good at playing my role in a raid. But im still not that good and most of the guilds ive been in have been mediocre, because I'm not as skilled as other players. Listen, open your eyes. This is an mmorpg! Your suppose to make friends, your suppose to work your way up the gear ladder, your suppose to get better at the game. If you've been playing bns long enough, you'll know that gear cannot help you in a raid. You can be geared up and still die as easily as a less geared player if you don't have the skill. It's about all about skill, it's about learning mechanics, it's about working as a team! That's what true raiding is about. People read guides, watch videos,  some people even practice lmao. The point i'm trying to make is, in any mmo and especially in bns, raiding is not for casual players. It's for hardcore players who want a challenge and enjoy a challenge. I for one am not a team player. I hate raiding with other people, that's why i barely raid these days. So, back to my original point, Nobody is forcing you to join a carry raid! Your other option is to become a good player and join a good raid, grind just like everybody else did, and get your gear! Yes, even the heaviest whales had to grind and get good at playing the character they main. This not a game where you can just spend money and all the sudden your skilled. You can't blame "whales" for something that isn't their fault. Fun fact, a lot of the "whales" you may see in-game are actually not whales, they've been playing the game since beta. So their gear is always up to date because they were never behind a patch. The market is the fault of NCSOFT and NCSOFT alone. This is their upgrade system, their materials. They set the drop rates on their items and they set the requirements for upgrading! As a playerbase, we either work around it, which means selling materials and items at expensive prices, or don't play the game. This is the concept that you are missing. Nothing will change. Ncsoft is not going to fix the market, there not going to make raids easier, and there not going to increase the amount of precious gold you can farm. They don't care! You think they do, but they don't! So you either join the club, or go play eso, or gw2, or wow, or any of those other mmos that actually have their sheit together. This is a f2p mmo, why are you pretending like something is going to change?

5 hours ago, ombremq said:

it's players fault? what are you talking about? a smart person will prefer to buy a sell run rather than going through all the trouble to build a new raid, deal with that rng madness and fight for items for months/years. with a sell run your item drop you guaranteed to have it. Same goes for buying gold you'll learn doing quick math p2w far beyond F2p....in normal P2W there a gap a f2p can close trying hard, but in this game its not an option.
When you play a good game and a new patch come out, devs make sure that almost everyone ready so when the patch hit everyone hyped and we go try day1.But in blade & soul new patch are most of time whales exclusive and when after few months you still didnt catch up you become frustrated... Now you can tell me "just progress at your own pace".... then do it and enjoy dungeons nerf....Everything done in this game make sure that either you pay2progress your way to enjoy the game or else your just wasting your time believing you can achieve something with all that rng and those mats nerf

Everything you said is true. And guess what? It's not going to change. I encourage you to take a look at some korean bns live streams. Look at how they play the game. You think they give a sheit about rng? They love rng! They love working hard for new gear and getting their as kicked in new raids and dungeons. Because when they complete a dungeon, or a raid, or get that item, they feel great about it. That's the eastern mmo style. Unfortunently, KR makes ncosft more money than NA. So when servers start getting empty they'll shutdown NA. Because 1, we don't make them that much money and 2, Blade and Soul 2 for your ipod will be out. That's where they're going to make some serious money hehe yeaaa boiii

@Thicc Stoccpot you're right, why would i even want to commit doing 4-5 hour a day + 6 hours for raid each week = 40 hours per week for bns
merely for daily and raid

this is as if BNS already become 2nd job lol, i'd rather sleep or find another job instead spend so much time ingame
the more i age, the more i feel like mobile game like WOT Blitz or Mobile legend is game for me instead game like bns who need 40 hours a week to progress

8 hours ago, ombremq said:

it's players fault? what are you talking about? a smart person will prefer to buy a sell run rather than going through all the trouble to build a new raid, deal with that rng madness and fight for items for months/years. with a sell run your item drop you guaranteed to have it. Same goes for buying gold you'll learn doing quick math p2w far ahead F2p....in normal P2W there a gap a f2p can close trying hard, but in this game its not an option.
When you play a good game and a new patch come out, devs make sure that almost everyone ready so when the patch hit everyone hyped and all server go try day1.But in blade & soul new patch are most of time whales exclusive and when after few months you still didnt catch up you become frustrated... Now you can tell people "just progress at your own pace".... then do it and enjoy dungeons nerf....Everything done in this game make sure that either you pay2progress your way to enjoy the game or else your just wasting your time believing you can achieve something with all that rng and those mats nerf

Well what if I tell you that "building a new raid team," "deal with RNG madness," "fight for items for months," and please lemme add "enduring hours and multiple gaming sessions of wiping over and over" are all parts of MMORPG's mechanics and of the MMORPG's journeys; and that everybody including the paying players has to go through them and not just you?

If they could find like-minded people that are willing to endure progression raiding like themselves, then why couldn't you? Everybody is using the same tools you have. In-game chat, Discord, teamspeak, etc... Here, lemme put this raid discord link here for anyone who's still looking for a team and good luck that you can find a clan/raid that suits you: https://discordapp.com/channels/286881842789875713/361697615487959040.

"Building a new raid team (or any team for that matter)" is all about the social interaction, about networking, making friends, finding like-minded people and do content with them. This has been an essential part of MMORPG ever since its conception. AN ESSENTIAL PART, lemme remind you. And in fact more often than not, it IS the hardest part. If you have been raiding, then you should know that most of the time, the raid itself isn't the real challenge. The real challenge lies in building and scheduling a loyal trustworthy raid team of 12 24 or even 40 people together, being online at the same time to do the bosses. Guilds / raids / dungeon teams / friends (online friends or even friends IRL for that matter) are something you have to EARN, not picking up randomly like a pebble on sidewalk, not something that's given free and taken for granted. YES, you actually have to EARN your friends and your teams, even in game. Good relationships / teams don't just fall onto your lap. And even if they did, if you don't actively try to maintain or nurture them, then they'd be gone before you know it. Nothing that's good comes easy. It's true in real life and it's pretty much true in videogames as well.

I daresay that bulding/having a raid team that is loyal and trustworthy and capable is more important that getting/having raid gears themselves. Having raid gears is, and should just be a by-product of having a raid team and clearing the raid / playing the game together. Building a good team and finding friends to enjoy the game together should be the main goal here, not the gears... You say that many people are thinking that having to build a team and having to endure wipe is pointless and inefficient and stupid, then I'm here to say that those people are missing the point of playing this game, or any game for that matter. Videogames aren't about getting bigger numbers, it's about actually playing and enjoying them.

If the players actively choose the path of least resistance - which in this case is to buy gears and skipping building a raid team and progression raiding altogether, then it's their choice, it's not NC's fault. If there are too many people that think this way and thus you can't find a progression team together, then while it may not be your fault, it's still ultimately the players' fault - or rather choice like I've put it in my post above. NC gives you the tools - albeit they are lacking, but they are still there and people've been successfully using them to get their teams together. It's ultimately the players' choice whether they choose to use the tool to try to get a raid team or not. Even if you are in an active raiding clan, if you don't open your mouth and speak and build relationships, then don't expect people to take you in during dungeon or raid runs. Just because you sit close to someone at work or in class doesn't mean that person is automatically your friend. 

If you play the game just to catch up to the top dog in gears and don't enjoy the act of playing it yourself, then firstly, you are a very competitive person (just an observation); secondly, you are kinda missing the point as well. The point of playing a game is to play it, getting bigger numbers is just a by-product. 

But who am I to dictate how other players should enjoy their this game or any game? Who am I to say that many people are approaching and playing the game wrong? I'm nobody. Your opinion is as legit as mine. 

TLDR, If you don't like making friends or networking your way into a decent raiding guild - or can't, or don't bother trying because you think it's inefficient, then you have to be content with not being able to do raid content. If the game is so full of people who think that building raid teams is inefficient and not smart and just want to buy gears, to the point that the people who want to build raid team can't get a team together to do raid content then it ultimately is still the players' fault, not NC's. Sure, the game design does play a part in this - as it doesn't really encourage you to team up early in the game so players don't get eased to the group mentality later on, but ultimately it's the players' choice that they want to play this way, not NC. BTW, how do you think top clans get their first clears? Surely some or many of them pay to skip grind, but not all of them; and they still have to go through the wipes, the networking the scheduling to get their teams together just like other teams. Their teams didn't just fall out of the sky, they actually had to try and had to walk the walk of getting their team together. To just discredit them because you think they paid to skip grind (which you don't even know is a fact or not,) don't you think you are coming off as a bit too hostile? 

2 hours ago, Rmccn08 said:

When you play a good game and a new patch come out, devs make sure that almost everyone ready so when the patch hit everyone hyped and we go try day1.But in blade & soul new patch are most of time whales exclusive and when after few months you still didnt catch up you become frustrated... Now you can tell me "just progress at your own pace".... then do it and enjoy dungeons nerf....Everything done in this game make sure that either you pay2progress your way to enjoy the game or else your just wasting your time believing you can achieve something with all that rng and those mats nerf

This game is has a vertical progression system with 2.5 years of content (or 5 years in KR version.) On top of that it's a F2P game - so grinding is to be expected. After all NC gotta make the micro transaction P2progress/win enticing to make a buck here and there to keep the game running you know? So to expect to play end game content as the same time as players who have played this game for months or years right off the bat is just unreasonable, especially in a F2P game. I agree that this game has rather a steep grind, but except for TT (which is the absolute end game raid,) you just need about 120k - 200k dps to enjoy most of the content - which can be achieved by most classes at Raven 6 with proper soulshield (BT, don't even need VT for this) soul badge and mystic badge (don't even need VT badge either) and decent ping. Ping is the most important part but it's not entirely NC's fault if you have high ping because you live far from server. Yes I know the game has out of date net code and quite bad of servers, but it still all comes down to where you live. The gears I mentioned here you can achieve within 2 or 3 months of 2-3 hours each day, which is not much compared to how much the top dog spend or play (they either spend a lot thousands of USD or Euro, or play 5-6 hours a day everyday for over a year or two.)

They top dogs are top dogs and stay as top dogs because they either spend a lot or play a lot to keep it that way. If you can reach their level or somewhere close to that with just a fraction of what they've spent money or time wise (say 3 4 months of 2 3 hours a day, which means say 200-300 hours compared to their thousands of dollars or 9-10 months or even over 1 year or 2 years of playing, which means thousands of hours) then how do you think they'd feel? Not to mention the game has a lot of catch up events and will keep having catch up events to keep players logging in every day, so as long as you are active and actually play instead of just AFK in Mushin tower or celestial basin, you should be progressing fast enough to get to enjoy most of the game within a reasonable time frame of a F2P grindfest (yes I'm calling BnS grindfest because it is). If you think that time frame is too much, well as much as I dislike saying this, I think this may not be the right game for you.

The only F2P that doesn't force players to grind hardcore is Warframe, but even in that game, the players would just flatly tell you to enjoy PLAYING it and don't care about which is or how long it takes to endgame content or how long it'd take to catch up to the top dogs. They'd be the first ones to tell you that if you only care about getting the best frames and guns then you are missing the point. The point is to just pick a frame, go in, enjoy shooting things up and doing acrobatics and have fun. Collecting frames and guns and cards sure is essential but if you are not enjoy the shooting and the running - aka the actual gameplay, then why bother?

These are my opinions. If you read all the way down here then whether you agree with me or not, I still thank you for being patient and for your attention.

There are a lot of different problems everywhere to consider.

Yes, a big big big huge problem is the NA mindset. The newer generation of gamers is nothing like the older. Those of us closer to our 30s know exactly how MMO's used to be, how heavily it relied on true teamwork. It was a blast back then, it was so amazingly fun back then. The newer generation though is more into solo work. They don't want to have to talk to others, that's awkward to them. They don't really know how to communicate beyond raging or spouting memes. And that's just the honest truth, not even trying to be mean.

So. A big thing is that...they need to learn how to talk to others. Ok, they need to open up more. Be social. Social is the entire point to MMOs-it's the ENTIRE point of the genre. You're not SUPPOSED to get everything from solo'ing. Console or shooter games were for that. But even so, the younger kids get all mad and demand ways to better solo..then some companies make the mistake of actually listening-they decide to just outright sell things in cashshops that you were exclusively supposed to get through working together with a team. So then its P2W feeling and those who got it through teamwork kinda feel stupid too.

I think a lot of the frustration also comes from...when MMOs first came out, we would all slay these huge bosses at the edge of our seats all just trying to make it out alive. Sure there were some "mechanics" but they werent as scripted as they are now. Now we have these entire scripted fights that force you to sit down and study for a day or two before you can even go in. MMOs have snowballed in many different ways. I think due to lack of creativity from developers, weak-minded developers who easily cave into every cry they see, and players becoming more and more impatient demanding first person shooter rules be applied to MMOs.

An MMO is an MMO.

There will be grind involved.

But at the same time, BnS West is seeming very lost in how to handle exactly what their game is and how to better deliver it to the current western base.

If I could suggest anything to them it would be...

Lighten the load. Yes we should all have to grind, but with the tiny amount of gold we get from dailies....without swiping, its just way too much right now. I used to love doing dailies because they contributed to me gearing and buying costumes. Not the case anymore, I dont make any gold. Sure I get mats, but no gold. I want gold.

Premium stones are also a very very huge wall to overcome as well. Help your players with this. You don't want them to quit. You need them to stay. So help them.

Il y a 3 heures, Thicc Stoccpot a dit :

If the players actively choose the path of least resistance - which in this case is to buy gears and skipping building a raid team and progression raiding altogether, then it's their choice, it's not NC's fault. If there are too many people that think this way and thus you can't find a progression team together, then while it may not be your fault, it's still ultimately the players' fault - or rather choice like I've put it in my post above. NC gives you the tools - albeit they are lacking, but they are still there and people've been successfully using them to get their teams together. It's ultimately the players' choice whether they choose to use the tool to try to get a raid team or not. Even if you are in an active raiding clan, if you don't open your mouth and speak and build relationships, then don't expect people to take you in during dungeon or raid runs. Just because you sit close to someone at work or in class doesn't mean that person is automatically your friend......

If you play the game just to catch up to the top dog in gears and don't enjoy the act of playing it yourself, then firstly, you are a very competitive person (just an observation);

This game is has a vertical progression system with 2.5 years of content (or 5 years in KR version.) On top of that it's a F2P game - so grinding is to be expected. After all NC gotta make the micro transaction P2progress/win enticing to make a buck here and there to keep the game running you know? So to expect to play end game content as the same time as players who have played this game for months or years right off the bat is just unreasonable, especially in a F2P game. I agree that this game has rather a steep grind, but except for TT (which is the absolute end game raid,) you just need about 120k - 200k dps to enjoy most of the content - which can be achieved by most classes at Raven 6 with proper soulshield (BT, don't even need VT for this) soul badge and mystic badge (don't even need VT badge either) and decent ping. Ping is the most important part but it's not entirely NC's fault if you have high ping because you live far from server. Yes I know the game has out of date net code and quite bad of servers, but it still all comes down to where you live. The gears I mentioned here you can achieve within 2 or 3 months of 2-3 hours each day, which is not much compared to how much the top dog spend or play (they either spend a lot thousands of USD or Euro, or play 5-6 hours a day everyday for over a year or two.)

They top dogs are top dogs and stay as top dogs because they either spend a lot or play a lot to keep it that way. If you can reach their level or somewhere close to that with just a fraction of what they've spent money or time wise (say 3 4 months of 2 3 hours a day, which means say 200-300 hours compared to their thousands of dollars or 9-10 months or even over 1 year or 2 years of playing, which means thousands of hours) then how do you think they'd feel? Not to mention the game has a lot of catch up events and will keep having catch up events to keep players logging in every day, so as long as you are active and actually play instead of just AFK in Mushin tower or celestial basin, you should be progressing fast enough to get to enjoy most of the game within a reasonable time frame of a F2P grindfest (yes I'm calling BnS grindfest because it is). If you think that time frame is too much, well as much as I dislike saying this, I think this may not be the right game for you.

You fail to understand that most of people want a better gear to play the latest content almost no one got your carebear vision of mmorpg " building a team of fresh potatoes to start enjoy the outdated content no1 care anymore that got nerfed" what kind of choice is that? struggling for weeks with those same potatoes instead of buying a run trying to cach up? what sane person will do that knowing the rng in this game? why all of this? because ncsoft and their agressive patch shedule that promote sell raid since its now whales exclusive patches.
People dont want to build team???? cant you see guild/team experience are almost non existant, BG are broken because of ncsoft, open world broken because of ncsoft, any kind of social interaction are broken because of Ncsoft, this is not the kind of good game you can rest and chill with everyone end of day at the gate of city and show them the shiny weapon you droped, there no time fot that, we need to nonstop farm....

Now there that argument i see everywhere..."if you dont want to grind then this game not for you"....but this game is for who exactly? do you really think that normal to have people play this game 5-6 hours a day? i myself seen a lot of "burnout" recently...like seriously a "burnout" in a video game???  game not for them i guess....

Archived