Um, what to do with the current ToI season?

Kozuki

-Grind for the new pvp ToI badges:

+I only PvE, so such a thing does not interest me.

-Grind for previous ToI badges, using the new ToI tokens:

+I have solar energies to cover all  ToI badges of previous seasons

+I have some enough glory and courage tokens to get ToI badges for at least five alts.

-Grind for venture tokens by achieving high ranking:

+No matter how I struggle, I can never get into Top 100 ranking in order to get venture tokens, thanks to the current seasonal rewards that remove venture tokens for floor 100+. This content requires gear and correct build to be at the top. I mainly gear for Earth build as a Summoner, which is not an optimal setting for pvp. Also, I cannot afford a Transcendent/Dragon soul to improve my burst.

-Grind for materials:

+ToI only drops soulstones and sacred orbs. Maybe some Elysian Orbs too. They are nice to have, but I rather spams big dungeons which gives me both rewards and loots and a sense of cooperation, instead of holing myself in a harem full of A.I. It also progresses me to 100-dungeon runs for Hellion item exchange.

+They occasionally drop Asura Ember, Sealed Forging Orbs, if you are lucky. Well, if you are lucky.

If you have neither need nor want for any tokens from this current season of ToI and you lack the means to get a high rank, then there simply is no need to farm this content. For better or worse, NC has decided ToI venture tokens are for end game players only now (or for those of exceptional skill).

On 6/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, Kozuki said:

--Grind for materials:

+ToI only drops soulstones and sacred orbs. Maybe some Elysian Orbs too.

Hmmm i just did TOI and got something called "Tower of Infinity Supplies" for clearing 5 floors or so. The box didnt show any tradebles at all.,

What to do with the current ToI season? I will tell you what to do with it. If the new badges aren't optimal for your playstyle, then you don't do ToI, and you know what? Personally, I am thankful for it. Freedom from ToI is nice. Be thankful that you don't have to do ToI for a long time because ToI is a caustic, abrasive flying cancer, and I am happy to be rid of it.

Grind it for badges if you want to, but the glory badges are pretty good if not optimal for many classes and yet they are selling on the marketplace for 1 gold and 25 silver a piece at the time of writing this. Is it worth your time to grind ToI and put up with that aggravation for 1g 25s every 2 tickets or so? I would say I can earn gold faster other ways so since the Victory tokens are sub optimal, and you would have to wait months before the season of victory is over to sell them, AND they will probably be less valuable than glory tokens... why bother playing ToI?

Glad to have no reason to do it anymore. Them and their stupid button reading, combat log parsing, 0.1 second reaction time, perfect counters and perfect stun locking arena pvp bots that do things that a human could never do.

52 minutes ago, NorbertTheOpinionated said:

What to do with the current ToI season? I will tell you what to do with it. If the new badges aren't optimal for your playstyle, then you don't do ToI, and you know what? Personally, I am thankful for it. Freedom from ToI is nice. Be thankful that you don't have to do ToI for a long time because ToI is a caustic, abrasive flying cancer, and I am happy to be rid of it.

By this logic - you should've be super happy if they were about to close the game servers. You wouldn't need to do any of the game activites anymore, what a happy happy picture is that... No more laggs, no more leechers, no more whales and no more daily challenge routine...

On 6/24/2018 at 2:24 PM, Nyaha said:

By this logic - you should've be super happy if they were about to close the game servers. You wouldn't need to do any of the game activites anymore, what a happy happy picture is that... No more laggs, no more leechers, no more whales and no more daily challenge routine...

No no. Actually, I think that 90% of Blade and Soul is a great game. ToI is just one aspect of Blade and Soul - an aspect that I don't like, so removing the incentive to do it is effectively cutting a cancer off of an otherwise mostly healthy body, which makes the body more healthy overall. That is how I see it.

There are problems with a few other aspects too of course though, but hey. One less is one less.

Archived