Treasure trove costumes

Kurokazu

I should already know this by now since I'm a veteran player, but I stopped playing quite a while ago and forgot how they handle this ><
Do they ever put treasure trove costumes in the hongmoon store? My luck is always terrible and I absolutely hate gambling. I really want that Mythos costume set, but I'm afraid I'll never be able to get it with the treasure trove =/
I normally have no problem dropping money on cash shops as long as I know I'm getting exactly what I want. So as a costume lover, treasure trove is just super frustrating for me.

8 minutes ago, 895470_1452550612 said:

No they won't. I'm still waiting for the Gold Dragon to be in F10.

Don't lie. Nearly all of the trove costumes have been on the daily special except for a few, and I'm sure the ones that haven't shown up yet will soon. Just because Gold Dragon hasen't doesn't mean others wont.

I'm not lying. I've played this game since beta, I don't remember them releasing any outfits from trove before recently, and none of them were the flagship big-draw outfits. It's possible they'll continue to release trove outfits and I certainly hope they do, but I honestly wouldn't pin your hopes on it. You're in for disappointment if you do that. A lot of people trove only for the outfits, NCSoft loses money overall from hopeful gamblers if they guarantee you can buy the outfits at a later date.

27 minutes ago, Souba said:

Don't lie. Nearly all of the trove costumes have been on the daily special except for a few, and I'm sure the ones that haven't shown up yet will soon. Just because Gold Dragon hasen't doesn't mean others wont.

We must not play the same game but they definitely have not released "nearly all" of the trove outfits, not even half of them. As someone who is a diehard outfit collector, I've been watching the hm store since day 1 for trove outfits and only seen 3 of them released (not including adornments) and only one of those was one that I actually cared about. I think you're confusing the trove outfits with the rng box outfits, now rng box outfits have been released a lot and are often in the daily special.

Just now, Nala said:

We must not play the same game but they definitely have not released "nearly all" of the trove outfits, not even half of them. As someone who is a diehard outfit collector, I've been watching the hm store since day 1 for trove outfits and only seen 3 of them released (not including adornments) and only one of those was one that I actually cared about. I think you're confusing the trove outfits with the rng box outfits, now rng box outfits have been released a lot and are often in the daily special.

Uh, no. I have quite a few of the trove outfits. I've been here since beta. They do put them in, you just have to wait. I think I know the difference between trove and gacha.

3 minutes ago, Souba said:

Uh, no. I have quite a few of the trove outfits. I've been here since beta. They do put them in, you just have to wait. I think I know the difference between trove and gacha.

And I've been here since beta as well lol though it doesn't matter since trove wasn't a thing then but if you say so

1 hour ago, Liinxy said:

Treasure Trove cosmetics aren't exclusive to the event and eventually will come back in some sort of fashion (pun intended :smirk:). 

Does this include weapon cosmetics? Because I nabbed that beautiful dark emissary weapon chest that you spent time showing off in the preview stream, but it's on the wrong character and I can't trade it.

2 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Treasure Trove cosmetics aren't exclusive to the event and eventually will come back in some sort of fashion (pun intended :smirk:). 

I hope soon!
This person spent 500 keys and none of the Mythos costume pieces appeared (as far as I could tell). This is why I don't gamble xD

4 hours ago, Liinxy said:

Thank god because there's so way i can get that much money before Trove ends. 
Will it be all the cosmetics or just the ones no one likes/really wants? 
'Cause i really want the Dark Emissary + wings to eventually be in daily specials or something <3

5 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

I hope soon!
This person spent 500 keys and none of the Mythos costume pieces appeared (as far as I could tell). This is why I don't gamble xD

That's so painful. I feel for him. I JUST got mine from my LAST keys. (spent 200 keys OTL)

15 hours ago, Nala said:

And I've been here since beta as well lol though it doesn't matter since trove wasn't a thing then but if you say so

Given that a GM already replied with an answer that reflects what I've already said, this isn't really up for debate. And I didn't say trove was a thing during beta. I said I'd been here that long since you seem to think playing from day one somehow gives your opinion more validity when it's already been stated that this stuff will come back.

1 hour ago, Souba said:

Given that a GM already replied with an answer that reflects what I've already said, this isn't really up for debate. And I didn't say trove was a thing during beta. I said I'd been here that long since you seem to think playing from day one somehow gives your opinion more validity when it's already been stated that this stuff will come back.

I never said they haven't brought back trove costumes, I said they didn't bring back "nearly all" as you claimed they did. Tell me how I think playing from day one makes my "opinion" more valid when you were the first one to bring up being here from beta like that means anything. I simply stated that I've also been here since beta. Also reading others comments in this topic about the trove costumes just proves my point even more. I'm not here to argue just saying they haven't brought back as many troves costumes.

I thought I should add that just because a gm says they will make a return doesn't mean that everything will come back. I noticed that the items with the lowest drop rates from the previous troves have never been in the hongmoon store at all. Which is probably fair since many spent tons on trying to get those rare items.

33 minutes ago, Nala said:

I never said they haven't brought back trove costumes, I said they didn't bring back "nearly all" as you claimed they did. Tell me how I think playing from day one makes my "opinion" more valid when you were the first one to bring up being here from beta like that means anything. I simply stated that I've also been here since beta. Also reading others comments in this topic about the trove costumes just proves my point even more. I'm not here to argue just saying they haven't brought back as many troves costumes.

Nice reverse logic. You were the first to mention you'd "Been here since day 1" when it wasn't even remotely pertinent to what was being discussed? And I never said they brought back all of them...but they have brought back many of them as evidenced by my wardrobe so... forgive me for trying to give the OP some actual hope that what they'd like to see will return instead of feeding into the pessimism that's currently permeating this thread?

ETA: And Devs have been listening and releasing costumes requested in "What costume would you like to see" threads. So if there's something you want to see again, ask for it.

15 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

I hope soon!

Im starting to regret the 15 bucks spent today lol.  Oh well  was just one days worth of beer money.... 

though maybe i may get some luck with 24 keys... who knows...

2 hours ago, Souba said:

Nice reverse logic. You were the first to mention you'd "Been here since day 1" when it wasn't even remotely pertinent to what was being discussed? And I never said they brought back all of them...but they have brought back many of them as evidenced by my wardrobe so... forgive me for trying to give the OP some actual hope that what they'd like to see will return instead of feeding into the pessimism that's currently permeating this thread?

ETA: And Devs have been listening and releasing costumes requested in "What costume would you like to see" threads. So if there's something you want to see again, ask for it.

I just reread this thread and that was actually 895470 who mentioned they were here since beta so maybe note who you're replyig to next time. I won't reply back anymore since it's obvious we have different views so it's not getting anywhere.

Update: now I see which part you're talking about, I never said I "been here since day 1" I said I was watching the hm store for the return of trove costumes since day 1, meaning since the 1st trove. It had nothing to do with being here since beta.

3 minutes ago, Nala said:

I just reread this thread and that was actually 895470 who mentioned they were here since beta so maybe note who you're replyig to next time. I won't reply back anymore since it's obvious we have different views so it's not getting anywhere.

Allow me to quote your own post, in which you said "Ive been watching the HM store since day 1"  >__> Seriously.

"We must not play the same game but they definitely have not released "nearly all" of the trove outfits, not even half of them. As someone who is a diehard outfit collector, I've been watching the hm store since day 1 for trove outfits and only seen 3 of them released (not including adornments) and only one of those was one that I actually cared about. I think you're confusing the trove outfits with the rng box outfits, now rng box outfits have been released a lot and are often in the daily special."

Just now, Souba said:

Allow me to quote your own post, in which you said "Ive been watching the HM store since day 1"  >__> Seriously.

"We must not play the same game but they definitely have not released "nearly all" of the trove outfits, not even half of them. As someone who is a diehard outfit collector, I've been watching the hm store since day 1 for trove outfits and only seen 3 of them released (not including adornments) and only one of those was one that I actually cared about. I think you're confusing the trove outfits with the rng box outfits, now rng box outfits have been released a lot and are often in the daily special."

That's why I updated it and as mentioned, I said nothing about being here since beta

1 minute ago, Nala said:

That's why I updated it and as mentioned, I said nothing about being here since beta

You obviously don't understand the tone of your own post, which suggests the length of time you've been here gives your opinion more authority. So I threw in how long I'd been here to give some perspective on my opinion. It's as simple as that? No different than what you did? Good lord.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that this stuff will come back. I don't see why you need to be so difficult about it.

Archived