Can you Make Versions of Battlegrounds to be Similar to Arena?

CastielSeven

I think new players would enjoy Battlegrounds more if everything was evened out and no gear was actually required. Everything would be fair and noone would be at a disadvantage. 

Of course the whales can keep the Gear Versions they have.

But can you make a version for those who do not pay to win ? Of course if whales participate in these it would be skill dependent, not gear, so they wont be one shotting everyone anymore who is undergeared. 

Is there any plans to make BGS Fair for all? That is basically what I am asking in this thread.

(in best farengi voice) But where's the profit? 

Seriously though, I think my "skill" sucks.  I've had RSI problems being overworked @ work, and know my typing rate is less than what it used to be.  So, I've hoped to up my equipment to be able to achieve parity.  Maybe remove the bonuses but keep the stats as middle ground?  I only have seen one person w/similar lvl equip as me, -- everything was same -- but they put everything in attack, while I'd put a fair amount in defense.  I died a few times, but learned his style and started winning more consistently -- primarily because his defenses were like tissue paper -- or non-existent.  He tended to only attack when I was in battle with a monster (SSP) or engaged in some other activity.  If I could survive his initial onslaught, and return the favor -- I would usually win.  But only way was because my SS and pet gave me defenses and hits.  W/o my equip, I wouldn't have had a chance.

But you understand that if they do this they might not give same rewards like normal 6v6. I think majority of ppl would just go to equlized 6v6 if rewards are same and normal one would just die. So they defenetly wont do it.

2nd option is they wont introduce same rewarda. Like you wont get moonstones. Or you will get mayby bound mats. Because ppl grind/swipe pvp gear for normal one and they need get better rewards to by happy and spend more on new gear.

6v6 is disigned to be whale/end game players play ground just so it would bring profit to company by giving ppl new pvp gear to spend money.

I would rather they would make some kind of unified gear stat and make 6v6 in diferent tiers without the ability to change gear inside. And that would make similer gear ppl face each off and higher gear ppl couldnt cheat their way in lower tier by taking off and on their gear. But i realy doubt they gona do it. 

Majority would go to equalized 5x5?  Why?  In normal PvP exactly half are in the top and half are in the bottom.  The people at rank 51 out of 100, win more often than not over the people who only win 49/100.  So why would the people at 51 jump to a different system where they might not be able to get as good a rank?

I don't know how many compete in 6x6, but it seems like it boils down to whether or not they have enough people to split the group and have the 2 new groups have enough competitors in each group to make it fun & changing. 

Also, if it splits -- the people with the highest equipment would compete against those who are closer in equipment, while other team would compete on a different level.  I.e. anyone better in the unlimited equipment arena might not do as well in an arena that doesn't apply same damage or such for full-gear (or however it was done).

As for rewards -- that could go either way... but if NcSoft wants people to buy more equipment, wouldn't they reward the

max-equipped place as they do now...?

I think one needs to decide on one single system, otherwise the ranking will work even less than it is now because the playing population is split even more.

Right now, by mid season things have spread out enough so that at high silver, I mostly get teamed up with people of my own rank, i.e. badly geared good PvPers, decently geared decent PvPers (like me) and max geared shitty PvPers. :JinyungHappy:

If we were to split up into two modes, ranking would collapse so much that I would end up having to fight people like Melodia, Shiro etc all the time. Basically start of season situation, but all season long. :JinsoyunPale:

So I would not mind if it became equalized, but please don't split the queues.

I also like how, right now, badges and soul shields enable you to do different combos compared to 1v1/3v3, and all the temporary buffs too.

Also probably 6v6 has become one of the main end game things that keep people hooked on the PvE content. There's not much reason to farm top raids otherwise as you do not need the gear they drop to clear them. So I think 6v6 fullfills an important function for NCSoft to keep hardcore players in the game. Probably they are big spenders too. :YeharaBig:

I think a simple and effective change would be to give everyone who enters battlegrounds a flat boost buff. Something like +100k HP, +500AP. :candy:

That would help mitigate the gap between low and high geared players, would reduce the too high rate of one-shots and still leave the whole system working as normal.

How about an event with that kind of buff to try out how people like it? See if it would draw more beginners into arena and make it more fun for technically good players?

Archived